• Jobs

2 12.50%
  • There equally impressive

7 43.75%
  • I'm not impressed with either

0 0%

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Question Who are you more impressesd with bill gates or Steve jobs?

Topic.......

Ray Charles blue

Jobs....he can leave a company just to come back and make it better than it was while he was gone. Also has a hell of a management style.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Gate's - A capitalist nerd that realized he doesn't need to be the smartest guy in the room, just be the one to recognized the potential of the product and capitalize on it,then to move on and build the largest software empire of the world while becoming the richest.

Jobs - the creative nerd that has great management style, forward thinker, very bright, had to learn the hard way on how to run a business but in the end is sticking it to Gates and Microsoft.

Both genius in their ways

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

they are both impressive. However I think Jobs created most of the foundation for what Gates built his fortune on. Gates was more of the opportunist whereas Jobs and wozniak basically laid they groundwork for what is known as the personal computer. I'll pick Jobs though because i've grown to hate microsoft products and my next comp is gonna be made by apple.

red
    2000 Z28

I think you mean built to Apple's specifications by a Taiwanese or Chinese component supplier and loaded with an Apple operating system. Apple's component suppliers also supply components to Dell, HP, Acer and other manufacturers.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

not only supply but build..... Dells and Apples are built in the same factories by the same people and from most of the same internal components. People willing to spend more for a shiny case will never cease to amaze me. For every person I know who has a horror story about their PC I can name another that enjoys their endless trips to the "genius bar"...... another name for "the geek who just stole all ur noodz"

This is a touchy subject. I love my PC. Had this Dell laptop for 3.5 years and have never had 1 single problem with it. As a result I have no desire to ever switch to a mac. I'll save my money. tyvm

needless to say I picked Gates. The man donates more money to charity than most governments. He is the brain behind the company. Wrote the code designed everything from the ground up and managed the development every step of the way while he was in command. Jobs seems more like the figurehead. Woz is the brains. Jobs was the face in the suit who could sell the things.

Red
    98 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    they are both impressive. However I think Jobs created most of the foundation for what Gates built his fortune on. Gates was more of the opportunist whereas Jobs and wozniak basically laid they groundwork for what is known as the personal computer. I'll pick Jobs though because i've grown to hate microsoft products and my next comp is gonna be made by apple.
    If you are just unhappy with the operating system take a look at this.
    Hackintosh Instructions, Hackintosh How To Guides @ Hackintosh.com

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

I would vote for Gates. Apple was struggling and needed Microsoft's help to stay afloat in 1997. Gates basically allowed Jobs to rebuild the Apple empire.

Blue
    1984 Camaro

I heard that Jobs was the type of guy that it was his way or the highway - not the management style to yearn for or work for. Not like any company is a democracy, but I'm sure Apple and Microsoft are equally bad.

Thread Information