Question Who stays in the dorms here?

Yes another college question. :P Been doing some math and I have come to the conclusion that for a little extra money I could just simply stay in the dorms on campus instead of driving back and fourth to school every day. Driving a V8 while doing 90% of your driving in the city just sucks (plus the fact I like to hear my exhaust note does not help either). Get a job near campus and my fuel cost will be reduced to about a 1/4 of what they use to be. Plus by doing this I might end up on time for my mourning classes. I have two options here, I can either go with modern housing or traditional housing. Modern housing runs around $305 to $450 a month depending on whether or not I want a private room. Traditional housing runs around $137 a month and this seems like the most logical choice. The only con is that their are community bathrooms and just semi private rooms. If I'm going to turn in my lease I need to do it soon, I'm just wondering does this sound like a good idea to anyone else?

Electron Blue
    2003 Z06

Half of college is the experience of being on your own. I lived in a dorm with 3 other guys, and with 1 other guy, we had to share a bathroom with the rest of the floor, it was great. There is no better way to meet chicks than to be on campus all the time, or wake up and see your roomate banging some fat chick. If you already have a chick, then get a second one. College is an incredible experience, I'd go back tomorrow if I could. There is more to be learned about life in college than in class. Get away from home, live on campus, experience the fun, food, parties, chicks, pranks, etc..You are only young once, get all out if it you can or you will regret it later in life.

See here is the deal. In the fall I will be a Jr. and to be honest the college experience is not what I expected it to be. It seemed kind of cool at first but to me after a while it just became another high school just with tougher course and more people. I want to get more out of my college experience so that is why I'm considering going to the dorms (the gas savings are a nice bonus though). The layout of the community dorm from what I can understand is stright foreward. The girls and boys are divided up by floors and one community bathroom is shared by the whole floor. Now here is another question, when they say community bathrooms what exactly are we talking about here? Are we talking locker room type showers or a couple indepdent shower rooms?

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

indepedent showers...which reminds me I had a shower head fly off and nail me in the crotch one time when I lived in the community dorms...what a way to wake up

Electron Blue
    2003 Z06

Most dorm bathrooms have a whole bunch of sinks, a few urinals, a few stalls to take a dump and a few shower stalls. There is no need to worry about dropping your bar of soap.
    The best part is that you have an unlimited supply of hot water so take as long as you want in there. Don't be surprised if your buddies take your towel while your in there and you have to run naked back to your room, that happens a lot depending on their sense of humor. If that does happen, be sure to sho up at his door some time naked when he has his girl in there. That will make him stop. I miss college...

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!!
    what a way to wake up
    indeed

You know the ironic part of all this is the girl who is #2 (in 08 she will run the community dorm) at the dorm is the same chick I pissed off cause I got shit faced at a club and all kinds of BS happen. Oh and the dorm admin. (the big boss) was at the club too and saw me, so yeah I may not even be allowed to set foot in the community dorms.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

my friend that was in the ARMY had his towel taken by his roomate, and he was used to being naked around guys from the army so he just casually walked in and freaked out his homo-phobe roomate with his level of comfort of his sexuality

thats beside the point, in Aug i will be living on campus at UCONN here in CT

should be fun i have 1 roomate, havent meet him yet

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

dorm living is the best aspect of college, do it

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

+1

Thread Information