Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

White
    '10 ZR1

And....who said The Rock isn't a good guy?? :D

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/the-rock...685903042.html

Good on him for doing the right thing

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

It is good to see there are a few decent people in this world. Famous or not.

blue
    1999 TransAm

...if I read the linked post right, he didn't even end up paying the guy for it...

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

The guy wouldn't accept payment.

He just wanted a pic with Johnson, which he provided.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Kinda hard to pay someone when they refuse to accept payment.

blue
    1999 TransAm

...so you're giving duane a pass because he's a "celebrity"... if he was so "genuine" and concerned about being responsible for the damage he did, ...he'd drop the guy a few bills....

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Being genuine has nothing to do with giving money.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

You can only offer to pay can't make him accept
    Also sounds like the mirror snapped back in the housing

blue
    1999 TransAm

he knows where the guy lives,... could've left an envelope on the doorstep... a check in the mail... he got the "celebrity pass" and apparently doesn't feel compelled to overtly bear the financial responsibility of the damage he did...

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    he knows where the guy lives,... could've left an envelope on the doorstep... a check in the mail... he got the "celebrity pass" and apparently doesn't feel compelled to overtly bear the financial responsibility of the damage he did...
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 06-17-2015 at 11:55 PM.

White
    '10 ZR1

I didn't think this thread would twist like this - but - oh well.

'89 Turbo Trans Am Pace Car (Mom's car now)

'68 Camaro - 572 coming soon

'67 Nova - 406 SBC, PG

'10 ZR1

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Many people would consider that an insult. You have to consider other perspectives. You're looking at it like the owner of the truck just said no to be a nice guy to a celeb. What if it has nothing to do with Johnson being who he is and everything to do with the owner of the truck being proud of what he has accomplished, and proud of the fact that he doesn't need help? If Johnson then basically forced him to take the money, he'd see that as condescending, a "you obviously need it more than I do" jab.

I agree with Johnson's approach...he spoke to the guy, face to face, offered to help, was turned down. That's all you need to do.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post
    Many people would consider that an insult. You have to consider other perspectives. You're looking at it like the owner of the truck just said no to be a nice guy to a celeb. What if it has nothing to do with Johnson being who he is and everything to do with the owner of the truck being proud of what he has accomplished, and proud of the fact that he doesn't need help? If Johnson then basically forced him to take the money, he'd see that as condescending, a "you obviously need it more than I do" jab.

I agree with Johnson's approach...he spoke to the guy, face to face, offered to help, was turned down. That's all you need to do.
    ..I just disagree... i'm more of the belief that if you were at fault in causing the harm/damage, you make the effort to give the money... and by "making the effort", I mean a motion a bit more assertive than what happened here, which is a "cop-out"... given the "spotlight" on this incident, i'd think he'd appear more of a stand-up guy if he at least mailed the guy a check... seems that's what good "ordinary" folks would've done...

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Blakbird24 View Post

..I just disagree... i'm more of the belief that if you were at fault in causing the harm/damage, you make the effort to give the money... and by "making the effort", I mean a motion a bit more assertive than what happened here, which is a "cop-out"... given the "spotlight" on this incident, i'd think he'd appear more of a stand-up guy if he at least mailed the guy a check... seems that's what good "ordinary" folks would've done...
    You can't force somebody to take something they don't want and even if he did mail him a check what guarantee does he have that the guy would even deposit it?
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Bahahaha

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    You can't force somebody to take something they don't want and even if he did mail him a check what guarantee does he have that the guy would even deposit it?
    ...it's the "gesture"...all i'm saying is he took the easy road, ...which in my eyes, isn't good optics for the "celebrity types"... take the high road, drop off a check at his door, or mail it, ...take ownership of the wrong you did, and set a good example like a genuine "role model" should...

...and who's going to decline a check from "the rock" if he "insists"?...

White
    '10 ZR1

If I read the article right - it seems to me the owner of the damaged vehicle took a little bit of pride in fixing the apparent very minor damage himself. For that reason, he didn't feel like any monetary compensation was necessary - but, he certainly capitalized on the opportunity to get a picture with Mr. Johnson since he had the chance. For me, that seems pretty opportunistic on his part. No major harm, no foul.

Good on Duane Johnson - I think it worked out well for both parties.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    If I read the article right - it seems to me the owner of the damaged vehicle took a little bit of pride in fixing the apparent very minor damage himself. For that reason, he didn't feel like any monetary compensation was necessary - but, he certainly capitalized on the opportunity to get a picture with Mr. Johnson since he had the chance. For me, that seems pretty opportunistic on his part. No major harm, no foul.

Good on Duane Johnson - I think it worked out well for both parties.
    yes, I realize that, ...however, my point of contention (to my surprise in reading the article that duane never actually "paid" the guy for damages) is that the premise of duane being so upstanding, as to deserve "praise", kinda jumps the shark, ...he did nothing more than would be expected of any of us... rather, I think he did less...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

There will always be that one person that complains about shit, no matter what the circumstances are.

Black / White

The guy said he didn't want any money. For him to say that to Johnson who is worth millions leads me to believe that the guy knows what he does and does not want...

He could have claimed some emotional distress bullshit like we see on TV everyday and probably gotten a settlement out of it but instead he chose a picture and a hand shake. Both are good guys in my book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information