View Poll Results: highest overall vehicle quality?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM: like a rock baby!

29 65.91%
  • Ford: built ford tough!

2 4.55%
  • Dodge/Chrysler: grabbing life by the horns!

0 0%
  • or the foreign guys: sure our dicks are smaller, but we got yo cash!

13 29.55%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

who makes the best quality vehicles?

say over the past 10 or 15 years, who would you say has had the best overall quality of vehicles built. they all have their ups and downs. gm has good powertrains, ford has good build quality, and dodge had great styling for a long time. these are just examples of what everyone did but overall, who built the best and longest lasting quality vehicles for the investments consumers put into them?

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Voted GM. I grew up around GM cars. Learned to work on GM cars helping my father work on his and his brothers on theirs. I have owned 4 GM cars including the GTO. The last three were neglected by previous owners but I maintained them til the end. I resurrected my Beretta GTZ and drove it for over nine years until it was totalled. Now I have the GTO and it's easy street. Tank it up, change the oil, and check the air in the tires.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

GM,chrysler has went the way of the dodo as far as I am concerned there new stuff is crap. fords are just like chrysler . None of the companies use their drivetrains(except trans ) on their hd trucks they are all new process transfer cases and dana rears and fronts, except gm. Jeeps if your lucky enough to have a rubicon or smart enough to have the right package you will get dana 44s I think the rubicon uses an atlas transfer case. Personally I am going to get nasty if i get the military blazer.

I will run it till it dies,snag the computer and wiring and a duramax ,install that and dana 60's under it, or maybe even rockwells and box up the frame. The best part is if I go with dana rears even then I will get better fuel economy due to the total weight of it.

That is another thing you can do stuff like that to GM's alot easier and cheaper than any other car company in the world. you can also squeeze more power out of a gm for alot cheaper.

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

Buick.

Black & Brilliant Silver

4 year JDPower quality study. Number 1 vehicle on the face of the earth at any price for reliability.

Lexus was 3rd.

Black
    99 Z28

I have two GM products one that will hit 100k next month and the other is not far behind.

My Camaro is on it's second engine and I'm having a helluva time getting the damn thing to run the way it should. The other has been all regular maintenance and is still going strong. The interior for both of them is holding up "ok" at best, but they both really just have their share of squeaks and rattles all over the inside. The interior of my wife's car has never fit properly together even when we first got it.

My Camaro had to have a new master/slave for the clutch as well as a whole new rear-end at 35,960 miles (40 miles from the end of the warranty. Most of the people I know that have had any 90 or newer has had their rotors warp.

I don't think GMs quality is anything to be touting. It's mediochre at best.

Both of our cars are daily drivers and they've held up "ok", but I think any Toyota or Honda or any even Huyndai with as many miles would have held up just as well or better. I think Audi or BMW or maybe even Volkswagon's quality is superior by a long shot. Sure, they cost a bit more, but you get what you pay for I think.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

hyundai of course,'cause i work on the hyundai assembley line in montgomery.and the interior on a 25k sonata fits a hell of a lot better than my 32k 05 monte carlo ss.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    hyundai of course,'cause i work on the hyundai assembley line in montgomery.and the interior on a 25k sonata fits a hell of a lot better than my 32k 05 monte carlo ss.
    Hyundai? Seriously? I don't care if you work for them or not. Their quality untill recent was complete shit. Resale isn't there. Shouldn't have bought your 03 monte carlo ss if the interior was crappy.

pewter
    2002 camaro z28

ok i say gm for sure. My dad has a 78 trans am with 650,000 miles, still strong, stock block and tranny, brother has a 71 z28 which he just dropped a new 350 in it but the original 350 had like 300,000 miles on it with no major problems. obviously my family doesnt abuse our fbodys but gm FTW

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by mr_r0bert0 View Post
    ok i say gm for sure. My dad has a 78 trans am with 650,000 miles, still strong, stock block and tranny, brother has a 71 z28 which he just dropped a new 350 in it but the original 350 had like 300,000 miles on it with no major problems. obviously my family doesnt abuse our fbodys but gm FTW

Click for full size
    Click for full size
    Got a picture of said mileage? That is insane for a vehicle like that.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Got a picture of said mileage? That is insane for a vehicle like that.
    +1. And GOD BLESS your dad and bro for keeping those F-Bods runnin for so long.

Black & Brilliant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse View Post
    I have two GM products one that will hit 100k next month and the other is not far behind.

My Camaro is on it's second engine and I'm having a helluva time getting the damn thing to run the way it should. The other has been all regular maintenance and is still going strong. The interior for both of them is holding up "ok" at best, but they both really just have their share of squeaks and rattles all over the inside. The interior of my wife's car has never fit properly together even when we first got it.

My Camaro had to have a new master/slave for the clutch as well as a whole new rear-end at 35,960 miles (40 miles from the end of the warranty. Most of the people I know that have had any 90 or newer has had their rotors warp.

I don't think GMs quality is anything to be touting. It's mediochre at best.

Both of our cars are daily drivers and they've held up "ok", but I think any Toyota or Honda or any even Huyndai with as many miles would have held up just as well or better. I think Audi or BMW or maybe even Volkswagon's quality is superior by a long shot. Sure, they cost a bit more, but you get what you pay for I think.
    Chevy and Buick have diff warranty's for that reason. So its not all gm. GMC was like 12 and Chevy was 33.

40,000 cars study. For 4yrs. Ever lil thing noted as a check against each car. Least amount of checks win. Some are made better than others.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Our fleet is primarily GM, but we also have Fords and Dodges as our DD's. Seems like the GM vehicles have the most problems with brakes and alternators. The Dodges have a tendency toward electrical problems, and our Fords just eat parts. No foreign cars allowed, so I can't comment on them.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Hyundai? Seriously? I don't care if you work for them or not. Their quality untill recent was complete shit. Resale isn't there. Shouldn't have bought your 03 monte carlo ss if the interior was crappy.
    the resale isnt as good as toyota and honda, but the quality has been almost equal for 5-7 yrs now. Hyundai is not what you think it is anymore.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

if anybody picks chrysler they are nuts. The rest can come down to opinion and personal experiences.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    if anybody picks chrysler they are nuts. The rest can come down to opinion and personal experiences.
    so who is the worst ??

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

05 monte carlo ss,my interior is not "crappy" just does not fit together as well as a sonata.

Impounded

Silver
    2008 MKIV Beast GXP GT

Lexus. No competition.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    05 monte carlo ss,my interior is not "crappy" just does not fit together as well as a sonata.
    Just curious then on why you would buy a vehicle if the interior was not up to your standards. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    so who is the worst ??

In my oppinion Ford and Chrysler are neck and neck in that catagory.I seen a commercial last night were Mike rowe was saying that ford has better quality than even toyota or honda. thats like saying rosie o'donnel is better than vida gurerra

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information