View Poll Results: Do you believe in the Death Penalty?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, so long, goodbye...

115 72.33%
  • Yes, but only the really bad convicted ones...

37 23.27%
  • No, let them rot in jail for years on my dollar...

1 0.63%
  • No, life w/out parole is better for them...

6 3.77%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Who here believes in the Death Penalty...

Sorry guys but I'm sick and tired of reading about repeat criminals convicted of violent crimes. While Texas and some other states use Capital Punishment, I believe that all 50 states should employ it and use it. I feel and believe that if you end the life of someone you are no longer a productive member of society and goodbye to you.

1) Reduces over-crowded prisions
    2) Stops spending taxpayers money
    3) Perhaps sends a message to other crminals that we a sick and tired of this shit
    4) Possibly and finally might show a true decrease in all crimes

I know, I know, there are people out there who value human life and think the intentional (legal) killing of someone is wrong. Go cry elsewhere. Well what if that is the stance you took until someone killed a member of your family?
    Last edited by SSwt00SS; 12-14-2006 at 06:51 AM.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

I 100% agree with you.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Even tho I am a Canuck and we will never have the DP I think in some cases it is really the only choice for punishment!

1996 Viper GTS

If you commit an offense bad enough to warrant being put to death, and DNA proves it was you who committed the crime, of course!

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

It's already ONLY for the worst offenders.

It's typical how they have whined about this latest guy in Florida needing TWO doses of chemicals before he expired. Saying it's cruel. Of course, where are these same people when it comes time to comfort the family of the murder victim? You know, the one who probably did suffer a painful death.

Quite frankly, I think the family of the CONVICT ought to pay the prison bill or the convict has to EARN his/her keep. Either that or OFFER them lethal injection as a third option. Guys in the military suffer more that your average prisoner in U.S. facilities. There's something inherently wrong with that.

We need to make prison a place even the hardened criminals do NOT want to be at. Therein is the problem. The rights of the convicted are more than those of victims and their families!!!

I do not take the death of anyone lightly. But please, lethal injection is cruel? What a damn farce that is.

Tell you what, a well-designed guillotine may be messy, but I bet it's about as painless as it gets. Not long ago, a HANGING was stayed because it was determined to be unduly cruel. Why you ask? Because the jerk weighed like 400 pounds and it would rip his head off because of his body weight!!! It never ends with these anti death-penalty folks.

I can understand NOT wanting to kill anyone and that being the premise for being anti-death penalty, but the "pain" reasons are getting ridiculous. And you can't put to death a mentally retarded person. Perfectly "brain sane" okay, but not a person who is retarded. Highest court in the land said that. I just have to shake my head sometimes.
    Last edited by jad628; 12-14-2006 at 07:08 AM.

Black
    2001 Trans-AM WS6

I believe some people deserve to die.

Interestingly, it is cheaper to put a person in jail for the rest of their life than it is to execute them because of the number of manditory appeals. Few people actually know this.

Black
    2001 Trans-AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    Interestingly, it is cheaper to put a person in jail for the rest of their life than it is to execute them because of the number of manditory appeals. Few people actually know this.

There shouldn't be that many appeals and basically anyone on death row is in jail for the rest fo there life because they fucking never get put to death because of all the BS appeals and such.

2002 SS

I would change my name to *Executioner* as *the answer*

Black
    '99 SS

In the words of Ron White....

"If you come to Texas and kill somebody, we kill you back.

If more than 3 people saw you do what you did you don't get to sit on death row for 20 years jack... your goin' straight to the front of the line. Other states are talking about doing away with the death penalty; in Texas we're putting in an express lane."

Personally... I think we should just hang 'em instead of injecting them with 20 different kinds of poisons. The rope costs 10 bucks and it's re-usable! Maybe we should spring for some barbed wire to wrap around the rope...

They should use guillotines and have public, televised executions! If you scared the hell out of little kids they'd be less likely to grow up and do dumb shit. I also think we shouldn't only execute people for death crimes, but rape, grand theft, assault & battery, bad driving (like running people over), etc. We're having a population crisis in the U.S. anyway, I mean wtf?! Gas was over $3.00/gal this summer!

PEWTER
    2000 CAMARO SS #3821

We tried to get it just for cop-killers and the left-wing pussies still won't budge.

black
    85 suburban for now

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    In the words of Ron White....

"If you come to Texas and kill somebody, we kill you back.

If more than 3 people saw you do what you did you don't get to sit on death row for 20 years jack... your goin' straight to the front of the line. Other states are talking about doing away with the death penalty; in Texas we're putting in an express lane."

Personally... I think we should just hang 'em instead of injecting them with 20 different kinds of poisons. The rope costs 10 bucks and it's re-usable! Maybe we should spring for some barbed wire to wrap around the rope...
    ^^thats the ticket baby!!

Black
    2001 Trans-AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody09 View Post
    They should use guillotines and have public, televised executions! If you scared the hell out of little kids they'd be less likely to grow up and do dumb shit. I also think we shouldn't only execute people for death crimes, but rape, grand theft, assault & battery, bad driving (like running people over), etc. We're having a population crisis in the U.S. anyway, I mean wtf?! Gas was over $3.00/gal this summer!
    Pay-Per-View Executions would make bank with all the sick people in this world.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

I wonder if crime rates are lower in states like Texas are lower than here in New York?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    I wonder if crime rates are lower in states like Texas are lower than here in New York?
    nope, highly doubt it. we got illegals baby...

Black
    2001 Trans-AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._by_crime_rate

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

here in texas we have the death penalty and we USE IT!

ron white

Yes, but only the really bad convicted ones...

It's a good poll question.
    Mongol General: What is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

I never understood how a criminal, a person guilty of rape or murder can still have civil/humane rights.

if you have raped or murdered someone, you just be sent to rot in sealed dark box and tortured.

if the person is sick suffering a illness their rights allow them doctors to heal them even if they are on death row. fuck that let the bastards rot in the worse way possible...

death penalty is even too good for them and too costly where as a sealed box cost minimal and causes a good torturing...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information