Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Who else thinks Pit manuevers are illegal?

This chase happened in OKC. I don't know when, found this on youtube. How many times do they need to pit you? and then the last time they hit this guy, they plow right into his door. I think it's pretty screwed up myself.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

If you run from the cops you are taking your life in your hands .. They are worried about all the other drivers that this guy is endangering ....

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

If you run from the cops its fucking all bets are off man, they get serious. last time the cops chased me they looked for me for HOURS while I watched from my car hidden behind somones house. they get a hard on for that shit

Black

they do get a hard on for it. I'm not saying it's right (and I'm not innocent) to do, and you should pay the penalty, but i've seen some pit manuevers put cars into buildings, send the car rolling, even into other cars. there's a point where you just have to let it go. the guy in this video was screwed though, that chopper shows up, there's no magic button to hit and get away.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

you do know if you run from the Cops and they get close enough to get a pic of your tag they can arrest you at any time , they dont have to catch you right then ...

Black

I know right, there's no point in running after that anyway...unless you have a fake tag or some other BS and that's even more trouble.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I see what you are saying , but you are not going to out run the cops on the Interstate .... A back road maybe , but then you will have to worry everytime you even see a cop car ...

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

There probably should be limitations on them. Seems like high rate of speed to perform that manuever. Plus they did it on an overpass.......Imagine had he flipped off the side?

Then again, who knows why he was running.

Black

I don't know why this guy ran, but I've heard there are limits, but cops usually ignore them. I've heard here and there that the cars made from 03 and up have systems that can track them on the move anyway.

Unless you are sure you can get away, it's not worth running though. like cops LOVE to say, you can't outrun motorola.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    I don't know why this guy ran, but I've heard there are limits, but cops usually ignore them. I've heard here and there that the cars made from 03 and up have systems that can track them on the move anyway.

Unless you are sure you can get away, it's not worth running though. like cops LOVE to say, you can't outrun motorola.

LS1 Noob

Red
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    you do know if you run from the Cops and they get close enough to get a pic of your tag they can arrest you at any time , they dont have to catch you right then ...
    In situations like that, the driver has typically stolen the car. Getting the tags does no good in that case.

The way I see it... if you're stupid enough to try and out run the cops, they have every right to pit your dumb butt.

black
    Twin Turbo C5 Stroker WS6

I think the cops should be able to do ANYTHING to stop someone that is running...and should not be liable for anything.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/05/01/s...-it-endangers/
    and this guy ran only because he didnt want to pay a ticket for doing 73 in a 55 ....

Black

that's dumb. hope he enjoys jail.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

haha that mustang diver has some serious skill, but it def wa sa v6 because those corwn vics made it look like it was standing still... but yeah moral of the sotry dont run from cops...unless youre in a modded sti

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    haha that mustang diver has some serious skill, but it def wa sa v6 because those corwn vics made it look like it was standing still... but yeah moral of the sotry dont run from cops...unless youre in a modded sti
    you can be in a twin turbo Enzo ... your not going to out run that Helicoptor...

Black

I know, some one with that much ability behind the wheel should be able to pick a better vehicle. I bet he craped his pants when he realized what he had though!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    you can be in a twin turbo Enzo ... your not going to out run that Helicoptor...
    im not tlaking about interstates... you always egt caught on the interstate... its city blocks that cops fall off you trail instantly if your in a car that can actually grip (def not an f body)

except on the interstate note i once saw a motorcycle chase where the ehlicopter couldnt keep up... helicopters cant go more than 150ish, but they dont have to steer around obstacles

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed View Post
    If you run from the cops its fucking all bets are off man, they get serious.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    they do get a hard on for it. I'm not saying it's right (and I'm not innocent) to do, and you should pay the penalty, but i've seen some pit manuevers put cars into buildings, send the car rolling, even into other cars. there's a point where you just have to let it go. the guy in this video was screwed though, that chopper shows up, there's no magic button to hit and get away.
    So we should let criminals go? So if some guy just killed a family member. You would want the police to let them go if they run?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    im not tlaking about interstates... you always egt caught on the interstate... its city blocks that cops fall off you trail instantly if your in a car that can actually grip (def not an f body)

except on the interstate note i once saw a motorcycle chase where the ehlicopter couldnt keep up... helicopters cant go more than 150ish, but they dont have to steer around obstacles
    You can run if you want to .. Sooner or later your going to make a mistake ...All the police has to do is come in and pick up the pieces.. Cars dont just line up like they do in movies so you can pass them all...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information