Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whey protein

Black
    2005 GTO

Whey protein

I'm getting back into a workout routine and am looking for ways to make this crap taste good or is there something better? I'm looking to get 1g protien per pound I weigh. I find it kinda hard to reach that with out some kind of suplement. It say's to mix with water but it taste like ass. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I try mixing with milk instead? Whats the best flavor?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I just drank it mixed with milk. My friend says i'm crazy because it still tastes so bad, he makes a shake out of it with yogurt and bananas and whatnot. I'm too lazy to do that, so I just do it with milk. I chose milk because that adds even more protein, and it makes it taste slightly better.

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

i do the shake thing with the yogurt, milk, ice and some fruit

if you want the actual flavor of it or do not want to use a blender the strawberry vanilla and chocolate all taste better with milk than water.....however for best taste add the vanilla flavor to juice and fruits to suit your taste, this is kind of a pain in the ass and takes time, but IMHO it is the best taste and worth the five to ten extra mins...........

Black
    2005 GTO

I use to do the whole smootie thing to but like 86 IROC-Z im to lazy but so far thats the only way I can take it. The milk is't as bad but the water is just nasty.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

I used to mix mine with a bottle of Sunny Delight. Tasted like an orange julius. Get the vanilla flavored whey protein though.

i use Optimum Nutrition chocolate whey and mix it with 1% milk every single day and it tastes like a chocolate shake, i LOVE it. i have tried it with water and its too thin and no taste but with milk its delicious. another good way is to put in a blender with a banana and ice but just stirring with milk tastes very good to me
    Click for full size

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

I like the banana cream whey, it is excellent. If you have the money, get the strawberry creme myoplex, nothing beats them with ice and frozen strawberries.

what brand are you guys using? I just picked up EAS 2lb chocalate jug.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I'm getting back into a workout routine and am looking for ways to make this crap taste good or is there something better? I'm looking to get 1g protien per pound I weigh. I find it kinda hard to reach that with out some kind of suplement. It say's to mix with water but it taste like ass. Anyone have any suggestions? Should I try mixing with milk instead? Whats the best flavor?
    I mix mine with ice cream trust me that's the only whey to do it lol

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

always mix whey protein with milk contrary to whatever anyone tells you. if calories arent a problem, protein shakes are really good with a scoop of choclate ice cream, a banilla, a lil vanilla extract, 2 eggs and a scoop of plain creatine monohydrate. taking whey protein with water? you couldnt pay me to do that.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

You get used to it. I don't even notice the taste anymore. It doesn't matter what. EAS myoplex, optimum pro-complex, twinlab, etc, I got used to them. I mixed with milk. They all taste about the same, it's not that bad. I can't afford supplements since I'm back at school, it's just regular food now. Barely even. I only have time to get about 2 meals a day. And they're not that good, after 7:30pm all you can get is pizza, burgers, and hot dogs.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I use NitroTech. I've tried all of em and I think it works the best. I mix a scoop with a cup of whole milk and mix it in the cup with a hand held mixmaster. Easier to clean than using a blender.

THOMAS81Z
    HEY guys i work for www.fitnessfirstusa.com call the customer service reps they all know there shit when it comes to supplementsour main focus is the service men in iraq and the middle east but the rest of our customer base is body builders
    Last edited by THOMAS81Z; 10-12-2006 at 04:49 PM.

just mix your shit with milk and it will taste good, easy as that

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Vanilla, water and some fruit

1999 trans am

I have vanilla flavored nitrotech, i mix it with orange juice and fresh strawberrys

Black
    2005 GTO

I went to GNC today and picked up some Weight gainer instead. I still have some whey protien left but I really want to put on some weight. I'm all of 125lbs at 5'7 I would like to bulk up to 150lbs. The only thing about the weight gainer is the serving size is 24oz, 3 8oz scoops. So I just made a huge ass smoothy and figure I can have one with breakfast one for afternoon snack and one after my workout.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Question - When you use a weight gainer, what form is the weighted gained in?

Black
    2005 GTO

Well I would guess muscle. But i'm sure if you just sit on your ass it would be fat. Like I said a serving is 3 8oz scoops. With a full 3 scoops its 1850 calories, 3.5g of fat, 406g carbs, 50g protien, and a whole crap load of vitimans and minerals. From what I've read if your looking to bulk up you need more of everything even calories but not alot of fat or saturated fats. I've always gotten good results from just my normal diet and working out(get good and toned) but I really would like to but on some bulk which is why im gonna give the weight gainer a shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information