Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whey Protein?

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Whey Protein?

I was wondering what you guys prefer as far a a protein or weight lifting supplements. I have went through a jug of N.O. Xplode and that stuff just makes you hyper as hell and keeps me up at night. Im wanting to put on some muscle but im concerned whey protein will put on muscle but fat as well, and being a cross country runner i dont want that. so whats something good to take to get good lean muscle and even help with a little weight loss?

Tan
    Lexus SC400

Pro Compex with a teaspoon of creatine powder everyday in a shake should do the trick.. That is the magic shake for me.. Anything more will require juice..

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

protein won't make you fat but it will give you muscle if your taking it correctly and exercising with it. at least take it within an hour or 2 of your workout. it will help you recover faster, build muscle, and many other great benefits. also try plyometrics if your a runner. it's definitely a good workout for your legs to make them stronger. also take around 4 grams of glutamine for recovery and take bcaa's as well. i'm currently using nitro peak and it's been a really good protein for me

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Pro Compex with a teaspoon of creatine powder everyday in a shake should do the trick.. That is the magic shake for me.. Anything more will require juice..
    Isn't creatine bad for you?

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    it's naturally produced in the body. you shouldn't take it non-stop everyday though. you have to cycle it

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Creatine has a lot of info on it. Read up on it. I think it's ok. I've taken it in the past and protein. Neither did anything for me, that was a long time ago. Now I just eat right and eat correctly and it works fine.

Tan
    Lexus SC400

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Not at all, you do need to stop and start as far as taking it too be most effective..

Creatine is not bad for you unless you are a marathon runner where it could dehydrate you if you're not careful..

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Not at all, you do need to stop and start as far as taking it too be most effective..

Creatine is not bad for you unless you are a marathon runner where it could dehydrate you if you're not careful..
    i run about 40 to 50 miles a week so im guessing i should stay away from that stuff

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    protein won't make you fat but it will give you muscle if your taking it correctly and exercising with it. at least take it within an hour or 2 of your workout. it will help you recover faster, build muscle, and many other great benefits. also try plyometrics if your a runner. it's definitely a good workout for your legs to make them stronger. also take around 4 grams of glutamine for recovery and take bcaa's as well. i'm currently using nitro peak and it's been a really good protein for me
    i havent done plyometrics but i do alot of cross fits and they are great for what i do. and where can you buy nitro peak?

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Best Protien I have found to date is from Scivation & you get a TON of it.

http://www.scivation.com/index.html

I personally take the Protien & the Xtend. The Xtend is great before & after workouts, I notice alot faster muscle recovery after training.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

do a search... there have been many posts regarding this...

I have replied numerous times, regarding clean vs dirty protiens. Most protiens are dirty and rely on marketing

if your protein has:
    -cholesterol
    -artificial sweetners
    -high fat

its dirty and does more damage then good. (hence muscle milk, one of the dirtiest)

One of the best and the cleanest - integrated supplements.
    They make the cleanest protien.

Integrated supplements also makes a clean and great creatine, and fiber too!
    Last edited by ibanez7; 12-16-2010 at 07:07 AM.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005 View Post
    Best Protien I have found to date is from Scivation & you get a TON of it.

http://www.scivation.com/index.html

I personally take the Protien & the Xtend. The Xtend is great before & after workouts, I notice alot faster muscle recovery after training.

that is NOT the best...

Scivation is a dirty protien...

-20-25mg of cholesterol (cholesterol is something you want to avoid as an aging man, high cholesterol kills)

-artificial sweetners

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

dirty protein, high cholesterol and artificial sweetners including splenda...

does more damage then good!

Black
    00 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    dirty protein, high cholesterol and artificial sweetners including splenda...

does more damage then good!

I've been taking Twinlab's 100% whey protein for a few years now....it has 60 mg of cholesterol. I don't have a cholesterol problem, it typically varies from 165 to 185 year after year.

What do you consider "dirty protein"?

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Twin labs is dirty because
    -high cholosterol
    -artificial sweetner (Sucralose)
    -its a whey concentrate.

dirty protein is:

-cholesterol (cholesterol is something people fight to not have, why buy it in bulk)

-artificial sweetners and colorings (many of them damage organs and promote fat) Aspartame, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, or Neotame

-lactose

-whey concentrates
    etc...

many people who are trying to be healthy buy inferior products because of the marketing gimicks, lack of knowledge, what their friends take or the spokes person hired by the company.

for any fitness supplement, you really need to read and understand the ingredients before putting it through your body.

most proteins and creatives are cheaply made and loaded with fillers (lactose artificial sweetners etc) and still sold a a high price. This makes low overhead and tall profit.

integrated suppliments is by far the cleanest and one of the highest quality of protein and creatine.

I used to think protein and creatines where all the same, until multiple
    -mma fighting and body building friends
    -my cousin (former pro body builder)
    -my sister (nutrition and ingredient designer)
    -manager of Fit Rx vitamin shop

told me otherwise when they saw the protein i was taking.

check out the integrated suppliments website to learn the difference between clean or dirty or search it online.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

do a search... there have been many posts regarding this...

I have replied numerous times, regarding clean vs dirty protiens. Most protiens are dirty and rely on marketing

if your protein has:
    -cholesterol
    -artificial sweetners
    -high fat

its dirty and does more damage then good. (hence muscle milk, one of the dirtiest)

One of the best and the cleanest - integrated supplements.
    They make the cleanest protien.

Integrated supplements also makes a clean and great creatine, and fiber too!
    True, does more harm than good. Don't use that wal-mart shit, it's loaded with sugar.

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

that is NOT the best...

Scivation is a dirty protien...

-20-25mg of cholesterol (cholesterol is something you want to avoid as an aging man, high cholesterol kills)

-artificial sweetners
    Funny cause I dont have high cholesterol from taking it, if your diet is right like it should be the cholesteral in the protien isnt a issue. I know alot of people who take the Scivation products & get amazing results along with being healthy as can be. I did plenty of reading, research & testing of products on my own body before settling for the Scivation protien & IMO weather you consider it dirty or not it is the best protien I have taken & gives the advertised results.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

I am not trying to change your mind on what you take. Only mentioning the facts.
    Its a dirty protein, and there is better quality proteins out there!

IMO, i can't see paying for a product that is suppose to be good for you, yet it contains things that are bad. you can be healthy currently while taking it, but see what happens in the later years!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I like ON's gold standard whey every flavor is really good. Sure it's a little dirty with the cholesterol but the fat/sugar is only 1g and it has BCAA's so I like it.

As far as the xplode I didn't like it...it has a shit ton of fillers, tastes like ass and makes me xplode in my pants. With two scoops I had to dilute it with over 24oz water. Try taking jack3d...the scooper is literally 1/8 the size and I can down 2 scoops with under 8oz water.

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

oh god here we go with this dirty protein bs

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information