Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Where to get the best deal on a McLeod master?

Hi, just recently bought my first Chev. An 00' M6 SS, the car has been slightly neglected by the previous owner. Other than some really little items, the first item I need to address is the clutch master cylinder. Currently thinking based on my plans for the car that I should spend the funds and go ahead and get the McLeod adjustable master. I believe its PN 139001. Anybody know the best place to get this item???? I spotted reference in an old thread to a guy getting one on sale for like 200 bucks. So far, I can't seem to find the darn things on the net atleast, for anything less than ..........oh .......I think 279 or 289 was the lowest I spotted. Any ideas????

Thanks

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Any ideas guys, anybody.........a vendor or sponser I should contact maybe????

My new baby/project needs a master badly, black fluid, pedal sticking, hard shifting at times. The usual master on its last leg stuff. This is the first real issue my car needs addressed and I need to have one ordered soon enough to have it in my hands to install next weekend, atleast thats my current plan/hope.

Thanks....

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 2000M6SS View Post
    Any ideas guys, anybody.........a vendor or sponser I should contact maybe????

My new baby/project needs a master badly, black fluid, pedal sticking, hard shifting at times. The usual master on its last leg stuff. This is the first real issue my car needs addressed and I need to have one ordered soon enough to have it in my hands to install next weekend, atleast thats my current plan/hope.

Thanks....
    I'm pretty sure summit has it.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 91Z28 View Post
    I'm pretty sure summit has it.
    Thanks, I think its like $329 or so from summit. I may have to go that route in the end, but I was hopeing to find one at a better price. Tomorrow evening, depending on any input from others........I'll likely just have to go with the best deal I'm aware of at that time. As I need this ASAP, or in time for installation next weekend.

Thanks a bunch, really appreciate any and all input/help.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

You can check some of the ebay stores, I've gotten fantastic deals there. Summit is usually as cheap as it gets and you can't beat their customer service, but I saved a ton going through ebay a few times. When I purchased my Fidanza aluminum flywheel summit and pretty much everywhere else had it listed for 480$, I went on ebay and found one of the online stores had it for 320 and free shipping. I wanted to buy the comp hi-tech 1100 series rocker arms in a 1.65 ratio (the best stud mounted rocker out there) and summit had them listed for 407$, and they were on 3 month back order. The only other place to get them was through comp for nearly 500$, so once again I searched ebay. I found yet another performance part store with a smoking deal. They had them in stock for 345$, free shipping, and a free t-shirt. Give ebay a try.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/ls1catalog.html

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=266

Looks like 306 from thunder is your best bet from what I've found outside of ebay.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

I just checked TSP and a few other places that have good reputations or that I've used and Thunder Racing still looks like your best bet.

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Hey, right on and thanks for the help. I'll do some additional searching yet today and nail down the best option and order today if I can or be prepared to order first thing tomorrow. Definetly need to have one on the way for installation next weekend.

Thanks much, really appreciate the help / input

Thread Information