Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Where is 10spokess? Got stopped today

Since I know you're a LEO in Maryland, I wanted to get your opinion on this...

So my boss and I were driving in his personal truck, a 2000 Nissan Xterra along highway 28 heading back towards Manassas, engaged in a deep conversation about work-related matters, as we hear a siren behind us. It's a black chevy impala, unmarked with exception of the lights you'd never see under normal driving.

My boss gets over 2 lanes to the shoulder, as we're both wondering what it could be for? He walks up to the window...

Officer: "Roll your window up for me"

Boss: "Sure" (rolls it almost halfway up)

Officer: (Puts a device on it) "Hmm, 21% that's illegal!"

He removes the device, takes a few steps forward to look at the tires/lights/something, peeks at the current VA inspection sticker, asks for his license and states he would be back in a few minutes.

I was kind of thrown off at his down-right rude attitude. The only thing I could think nof that potentially pissed him off would be that he may have followed us with only his lights on (duno how long) and we didn't notice until he started making noise.

So he walks back up, hands my boss the clipboard, tells him to sign it, not admittance of guilt, can prepay bla bla bla. We all know there is 2-3 feet of snow on the ground, roads are still shitty in alot of areas, people driving like idiots and causing accidents, etc. and I was in shock that this guy wants to stop and write us a ticket for window tint and proceed to be a straight dick about it. I'm figuring there's something else, especially since he wanted to check out the front of the vehicle for some reason.

Myself: "Excuse me sir, what's the reason for stopping us?"

Officer: "Say again"

Myself: "What's the reason for stopping us?"

Officer: "The Tint!"

Myself: "Oh ok"

Officer: "Why do you ask?"

Myself: "Just curious"

Officer: "Why are you curious???" (got angry)

Myself: "Umm, really, I didn't know you could be stopped for that"

Officer: "Yeah, it's illegal equipment" (and walks off)

Guy was pretty much an arrogant prick. I really didn't know you could be stopped for that? Guess so. Anyways, I was fuming just because of this LEO's attitude so I called up to the county station, got passed to a Lieutenant who I repeated the story too. He was real nice, I told him what had transpired and how we were treated over some window tint. He agreed, said he wasn't this particular LEO supervisor, but would fill out a complain form because he didn't introduce himself or give the reason in which he stopped us, as I had to request it long into the duration of the traffic stop Said he would pass it along to the LEO supervisor who came in in the morning. Took down my info and all, year/make/model/color of the vehicle, location of the stop, and time. My boss is from Peru and claims he stopped us because the area in which we work out of is heavily populated by alot of hispanics. Irregardless of that or not, dude was an asshole, what do you think can be done about this? Anything? Am I barking up a tree for nothing? I'd really like to just see him get mollywhopped really

EDIT: Posted in the wrong section, sorry Mr. P, can you politely move it for me
    Last edited by MrMasterCraft; 02-09-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Not Mr P. but got it moved for you...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Cliff noted as much as I could.

You seriously didn't know dark tint is illegal? Thought that was a nationwide law by now and widely known by all.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Cliff noted as much as I could.

You seriously didn't know dark tint is illegal? Thought that was a nationwide law by now and widely known by all.
    Didn't cliff note enough I see. Wana write a ticket for dark tint? Fine by me, it's illegal, i'll take the fine everyday (got it on both of my vehicles). While you've got me pulled over, you wanna go ahead and look over the rest of my vehicle to find something else to write me for? By all means, go ahead. But don't come up to somebody, talk to them like a retarded 5 year old and get smart with them for asking a simple question. Roads are horrible, accidents left and right, people are driving like fools, and dude is worried about dark windows

2011 Prius

Your in the passenger seat? I hate that when I get pulled over, I am usually polite to them and I get away with a warning... Having a noisy passenger (No offense), has only dug a deeper whole. Like, sobriety test for the both or asking if we have drugs and waiting for a drug dog to arrive (I don't allow search of my vehicles). I say, just leave it to the driver.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    Your in the passenger seat? I hate that when I get pulled over, I am usually polite to them and I get away with a warning... Having a noisy passenger (No offense), has only dug a deeper whole. Like, sobriety test for the both or asking if we have drugs and waiting for a drug dog to arrive (I don't allow search of my vehicles). I say, just leave it to the driver.
    I didn't pipe up until he came back with the ticket to sign. And what you just said is the exact reason why I stayed quiet until he handed the ticket through.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    I didn't pipe up until he came back with the ticket to sign. And what you just said is the exact reason why I stayed quiet until he handed the ticket through.
    They still have you on the side of the road and can still give you hell, learned it the hard way.

Court is the place to argue the ticket, not the side of the road.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    They still have you on the side of the road and can still give you hell, learned it the hard way.

Court is the place to argue the ticket, not the side of the road.
    Your right. Which is why I didn't give the smart ass response to why I was curious, of "....because it's my god damn given right as an American citizen to know why the hell I was pulled over"

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Your right. Which is why I didn't give the smart ass response to why I was curious, of "....because it's my god damn given right as an American citizen to know why the hell I was pulled over"
    I am with you, I would want to know why I was pulled over. To my knowledge they have to have a reason to pull you over... Like a moving violation or safety. Then they can check for tint, but that's just my impression. Probably wrong on that.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

That's what I honestly thought too, which is why I asked him. Buuuuut apparently, they CAN pull you over for tint, learned something new today. At the expense of somebody else

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

got mine last summer i had 37% 50 was legal. i asked if he every just gave a warning. he said this is very seriuos. 175 later.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Very serious? Hmmm... maybe these guys in uniform do take it pretty serious. This guy acted like we were just short of committing murder or something

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Girlfriend use to have a doctor note, saying she would get migraines... blah blah blah. Total bullshit, but it worked. Was still not worth it for a DD to me though.

You still get pulled over. Still get the attitude, and sometimes having to make a date to show a magistrate the proof as well. TA is tinted, windows are down when the Ttops are off and never sees winter. So the windows are hardly up.

2011 Prius

It's so post to be for there safety and others... I call B/S, what about our safety/privacy?

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

I have 20% tint and when I got pulled over (long story) but the cop came up to my window before I could put it down (at night mind you) and he tapped on it for me to put it down.

Needless to say got some tickets but not for the tint and it wasnt even mentioned. Just never know what you'll get, its a gamble.

But now that I drive the car under 5k miles a year I'm sure they'll let it slide if brought up.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    I have 20% tint and when I got pulled over (long story) but the cop came up to my window before I could put it down (at night mind you) and he tapped on it for me to put it down.

Needless to say got some tickets but not for the tint and it wasnt even mentioned. Just never know what you'll get, its a gamble.

But now that I drive the car under 5k miles a year I'm sure they'll let it slide if brought up.
    I'll tell every local cop I know to rape you on it

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

camaross said his ticket was $175 but here in VA, after processing fees its only $70... wonder why it varies over double from one state to the other?

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I'll tell every local cop I know to rape you on it
    Hahha ask them if they're raging cause they cant catch my brother on his modded YFZ-450.

Which ones in which townships do you know?

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    Hahha ask them if they're raging cause they cant catch my brother on his modded YFZ-450.

Which ones in which townships do you know?
    Don't you worry

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

This thread needs to get on topic asap.. MrMasterCraft IMO asked a simple question. Any digs at people to included the OP will not be tolerated..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information