Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

When A Hummer Is Just Too Wimpy

Top Gear drives the Marauder.

I need one for the Atlanta traffic

Marauder

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

hahaha...didn't even scratch the paint! i'll take 2.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I'm in love.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Great. Another dumb vehicle for rappers.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

As an owner of an 08 H3, that thing is......

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by korndawg View Post
    Great. Another dumb vehicle for rappers.
    No rappers here..

White
    '10 ZR1

I like what they did with that H3 though

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

agree H3 was a stain on the HUMMER name.

I like. Favorite scene was the crushing of the cars. There are days I want to.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

WOW lots of Hummer hate goin' on here..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post

Not sure how that's possible.. H3's hold their value quite well compared many other vehicles, in cluding a few in the luxury SUV catagory.

Projected to hold it's value pretty good for the next 10 years from 2010.. Baught mine for less than it books for..

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Not sure how that's possible.. H3's hold their value quite well compared many other vehicles, in cluding a few in the luxury SUV catagory.

Projected to hold it's value pretty good for the next 10 years from 2010.. Baught mine for less than it books for..
    For me, I perceive the H3 as a 'wanna-be', lower end of an H2. Don't get all pissed off, it's just an opinion.

Also, I don't think buying an H3 is a step above any of the other SUV's in it's original price range. I don't get the feeling that, you 'get more for the money' (performance or value) with an H3.

Don't think I'm "hatin'" on the H3, since I have no bias against the vehicle, compared to someone hating my Camaro because they're just simply a Ford person.

Navy Blue Metallic

Smittro I'm not bashing the owners just the H3. H3's were design specifically for women. Women consider the H1/2 to bulky and manly to drive. So to open sales to a larger market and get their eco foot print (so the looney enviro wackos would start backing off of them) down they came out with the H3. It was a smart move profit wise.

My opinion is that compare the H3 to the H1/2 they are not in the same class. H3's are less capable in what they could do when compare to the H1/2. IMHO it's like putting a Firebird logo on a Miata.

Now when compared to other SUV's I actually like the H3 over most. It is a very solid city driving SUV. It's just not something I'd count on if I had to take it off road like the Hummer brand is know for.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 07-13-2011 at 08:52 AM.

1999 corvette

my zombie machine

Navy Blue Metallic

I want to see this in Zombieland 2

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

The H1 is considered by many to be the only REAL Hummer.

The H2 is basically a Chevy Suburban drivetrain and the H3 is a Chevy Colorado drivetrain. No stronger or better, just in a different chassis. A bit of "Badge" engineering on GM's part.

That is where a lot of the hate comes from.

Edit: Why does the new forum automatically add the "hereafter" quote line?
    Edit 2: Now that I opened the editor, it's gone?????
    Last edited by CJREX; 07-14-2011 at 04:15 AM.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    For me, I perceive the H3 as a 'wanna-be', lower end of an H2. Don't get all pissed off, it's just an opinion.

Also, I don't think buying an H3 is a step above any of the other SUV's in it's original price range. I don't get the feeling that, you 'get more for the money' (performance or value) with an H3.

Don't think I'm "hatin'" on the H3, since I have no bias against the vehicle, compared to someone hating my Camaro because they're just simply a Ford person.
    Not pissed @ all..

H3 is what I researched and wanted the f-body is what got sold.. The price on the lot was $21/$22k and 35k on the clock.. After extensesive research in new and used SUV's and crossovers the Hummer was the more sound purchase for the money.. Looked @ everything and I mean everything, @ 21ish there where no SUV-type vehicles with low mileage that were holding their value as the H3 was/is/has.. 90% of the SUV market in the tri-state area lacked the basic options (new or used in a $25k budget) that the H3 came standard with.. 75% had either no luxury, or did'nt stack up to the H3 in, "Luxury for price being asked."
    Looking @ 5 year vehicle overall values, when compared to Vehicles of the same year and class even the TBSS will be worthless in 5-years, and it's still not a Hummer.. It maybe sitting on a Colorado "based" chassis, but it carries the Hummer name so like it or not it IS a Hummer.. With all the bells and whistles associated with the name.. You can pick up a low mileage 08 TBSS, loaded, for like 18k.. You won't touch a low mileage H3 for $18k....

Smittro I'm not bashing the owners just the H3. H3's were design specifically for women. Women consider the H1/2 to bulky and manly to drive. So to open sales to a larger market and get their eco foot print (so the looney enviro wackos would start backing off of them) down they came out with the H3. It was a smart move profit wise.

My opinion is that compare the H3 to the H1/2 they are not in the same class. H3's are less capable in what they could do when compare to the H1/2. IMHO it's like putting a Firebird logo on a Miata.

Now when compared to other SUV's I actually like the H3 over most. It is a very solid city driving SUV. It's just not something I'd count on if I had to take it off road like the Hummer brand is know for.
    I know I aint mad.. The H3 is what it is. I will never be everything to everyone but it was for meh..
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-14-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Not pissed @ all..

H3 is what I researched and wanted the f-body is what got sold.. The price on the lot was $21/$22k and 35k on the clock.. After extensesive research in new and used SUV's and crossovers the Hummer was the more sound purchase for the money.. Looked @ everything and I mean everything, @ 21ish there where no SUV-type vehicles with low mileage that were holding their value as the H3 was/is/has.. 90% of the SUV market in the tri-state area lacked the basic options (new or used in a $25k budget) that the H3 came standard with.. 75% had either no luxury, or did'nt stack up to the H3 in, "Luxury for price being asked."
    Looking @ 5 year vehicle overall values, when compared to Vehicles of the same year and class even the TBSS will be worthless in 5-years, and it's still not a Hummer.. It maybe sitting on a Colorado "based" chassis, but it carries the Hummer name so like it or not it IS a Hummer.. With all the bells and whistles associated with the name.. You can pick up a low mileage 08 TBSS, loaded, for like 18k.. You won't touch a low mileage H3 for $18k....

I know I aint mad.. The H3 is what it is. I will never be everything to everyone but it was for meh..
    I'm glad you like your HUMMER and all, but shit every fricken thread I open you have to throw in how you have a HUMMER. HUMMER this HUMMER that. Also I would like to go shopping for a TBSS in your city. Because an 08 loaded TBSS with low miles is going for more than 18K from where I come from. I was in the SUV market almost a year ago and I can say I am very happy with my 08 Saab 97X Aero.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chops View Post
    I'm glad you like your HUMMER and all, but shit every fricken thread I open you have to throw in how you have a HUMMER. HUMMER this HUMMER that. Also I would like to go shopping for a TBSS in your city. Because an 08 loaded TBSS with low miles is going for more than 18K from where I come from. I was in the SUV market almost a year ago and I can say I am very happy with my 08 Saab 97X Aero.
    So, is that suppossed to mean something to me?!?

I have'nt hardly been on the forum lately so you're full of shit..Dude!

If you don't like it too fucking bad.. Your oppy is meaningless..

Like I said you won't touch a loaded 08 hummer or barely even a base 08 H3 for less than what a used 08 tbss goes for..

Before you attack make sure you even know WTF you're talking about..mmkay

I don't even recall quoting you.. If you want to bitch save it for someone whom gives 2 shits..

You can take a tbss and drive it up someones ass for all I care because it will be worthless in 3 to 5..

http://www.edmunds.com/hummer/h3/2008/?sub=suv

http://www.edmunds.com/chevrolet/tra...r/2008/?sub=ss
    Last edited by Smittro; 07-17-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro Z28

Well according to the links you posted the TBSS is $218 cheaper and will cost $4,564 less to own in the long run. Darn you got me on gas mileage. But I put efans in and I now average 16.5 city.
    Just saying.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Oh yeah, the car crushing was awesome. I SO need to do that at least once or twice a week. Not even crush them really...just gently (or not so gently) nudge them forward when they take up 2 spots in front of my house.

And what's the problem with the H3? It's actually a good vehicle with more capability than the H2. IMO the H3 is the best of the bunch...including the H1.

If you need to drop your truck out of the back of a C130, yeah, the H1 is great, but other than that it's hugely impractical.

H2 is more than just an upgraded Tahoe, it does have some genuine capability, but it's too big for real trail work. The H3 is just the right size, has front and rear lockers, and 4:1 low range (with adventure package). IMO the I5 is questionable, but the Alpha series was available with the 5.3L.

It's people who don't know much about offroading that think the H1 and H2 are so great. Those who know offroading like the H3...I remember reading the road test in one of the 4x4 mags when they said it was the most useable/capable Hummer yet.

Of course the Wrangler Rubicon owns them all because it has a better suspension with an actual solid front axle.
    Last edited by StuntmanMike; 07-17-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information