Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Thumbs up Whats required to be a Border Patrol Agent?

Im always looking for a new job. Preferably one in a warm climate I remember hearing about the Border Patrol needing help a while back. In my daily search of different employment, I thought about this. Anyone know anything about it? Have any experience with it? It seems like it would be a cool job and rewarding. And would change day to day. Anyone have any information on this job?

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you need a rad patch and some wicked photoshop skills:

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

a lawn chair, a case off beer, a .50 cal rifle, ammo, and a rifle cleaning kit... oh... and a cell phone to order pizza for lunch...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I think being racist is the only requirement.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

A bag of cornchips for bait and a Barrette 50cal sniper rifle and a good scope!LOL
    Last edited by Smittro; 03-30-2009 at 02:23 AM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I can pretty much do all of that. I do have lots of chips. I have some chairs and a few guns. Sweet, im quiting my job tomorrow. Damn I wish I could find a new job that I liked. I need to go back to school.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I can pretty much do all of that. I do have lots of chips. I have some chairs and a few guns. Sweet, im quiting my job tomorrow. Damn I wish I could find a new job that I liked. I need to go back to school.
    Why quitting?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Why quitting?
    Man, I hate wrenching on Cat equipment. Been doing it for 3 1/2 years and the white collar vs. blue collar is just annoying as hell. Buisness is DEAD in MI and that is making this job that much worse. The boss's are out to get you, snakes. I have been laid off for 3 weeks, going back tomorrow. Only because they have to take me back. I like the people there alot, many friends. But im so ready for a change in my life. I just can not for the life of me figure out what.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Man, I hate wrenching on Cat equipment. Been doing it for 3 1/2 years and the white collar vs. blue collar is just annoying as hell. Buisness is DEAD in MI and that is making this job that much worse. The boss's are out to get you, snakes. I have been laid off for 3 weeks, going back tomorrow. Only because they have to take me back. I like the people there alot, many friends. But im so ready for a change in my life. I just can not for the life of me figure out what.
    That sucks man, worst time for it to happen too. If the job prospects aren't looking as good as you hoped, you should take the time to go to school. Then hopefully by the time you're done the economy will have turned for the better. (Don't hold your breath though -_-)

Trolling Live Chat

Black
    01 Trans Am

Im always looking for a new job. Preferably one in a warm climate I remember hearing about the Border Patrol needing help a while back. In my daily search of different employment, I thought about this. Anyone know anything about it? Have any experience with it? It seems like it would be a cool job and rewarding. And would change day to day. Anyone have any information on this job?
    You speak spanish? Do you have any military/police experiance? When me and a few of my buddies were getting out of the army, they were looking at the border patrol. From what I remember they pay well. Their website http://www.usborderpatrol.gov/ says they want this...

"The most successful agents are those who do more to excel … do more through studying, do more through training, do more through a variety of assignments. There are plenty of opportunities to excel as a Border Patrol Agent, but first you have to seize the opportunity by joining now! Here is who we are looking for:

Independent thinkers who can work alone
    Team players who everyone knows can be relied on
    People who take personal responsibility for everything they do
    People who believe in America and want to protect it."

To me that doesnt really say much.

Q: What are the key requirements?

A: The key requirements are:

U.S. citizenship
    No Conviction of Domestic Violence
    Residency requirement – Candidates must be a US resident for at least three (3) years
    Must have valid driver’s license at the time of appointment
    Age requirement – Candidate must not be 40 years of age at the time of appointment
    Medical exam
    Drug Testing
    Physical Fitness
    Background Investigation

Q: Are trainees required to learn the Spanish language?

A: Yes. Knowledge of Spanish is essential since many of the persons with whom Border Patrol Agents come into contact speak only Spanish. Within the first two weeks of arrival at the academy, trainees will be tested for their Spanish language skills, and if the applicant passes the language test, they will return to their duty station upon successful completion of the basic training. Trainees who do not pass the Spanish Language test will complete the basic training and will also attend an additional 8 weeks of Spanish language training. Applicants must pass a series of Spanish tests after entering on duty in order to continue in the CBP Border Patrol.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by pjeff7 View Post

Haha, why that specifically over many other possible offenses?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    That sucks man, worst time for it to happen too. If the job prospects aren't looking as good as you hoped, you should take the time to go to school. Then hopefully by the time you're done the economy will have turned for the better. (Don't hold your breath though -_-)
    Yes it sucks. I dread going into that place anymore. Shitty jobs, very very dirty. EVERYTHING is heavy. Usually the 3-ton crane doesnt pick it up. Danerous. 2 guys died at my location since I have been there, and the last one was really supposed to be me. I was supposed to get that job, but ended up being placed on a different machine the very last second. That guy died, instantly.

I have no idea what I could go to school for. I keep thinking maybe a Mechanical Engeering degree. My other main goal in life is to get out of Michigan. New job, new state would be sweet.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by pjeff7 View Post
    You speak spanish? Do you have any military/police experiance? When me and a few of my buddies were getting out of the army, they were looking at the border patrol. From what I remember they pay well. Their website http://www.usborderpatrol.gov/ says they want this...

"The most successful agents are those who do more to excel … do more through studying, do more through training, do more through a variety of assignments. There are plenty of opportunities to excel as a Border Patrol Agent, but first you have to seize the opportunity by joining now! Here is who we are looking for:

Independent thinkers who can work alone
    Team players who everyone knows can be relied on
    People who take personal responsibility for everything they do
    People who believe in America and want to protect it."

To me that doesnt really say much.

U.S. citizenship
    Residency requirement – Candidates must be a US resident for at least three (3) years
    Must have valid driver’s license at the time of appointment
    Age requirement – Candidate must not be 40 years of age at the time of appointment
    Medical exam
    Drug Testing
    Physical Fitness
    Background Investigation

Q: Are trainees required to learn the Spanish language?

A: Yes. Knowledge of Spanish is essential since many of the persons with whom Border Patrol Agents come into contact speak only Spanish. Within the first two weeks of arrival at the academy, trainees will be tested for their Spanish language skills, and if the applicant passes the language test, they will return to their duty station upon successful completion of the basic training. Trainees who do not pass the Spanish Language test will complete the basic training and will also attend an additional 8 weeks of Spanish language training. Applicants must pass a series of Spanish tests after entering on duty in order to continue in the CBP Border Patrol.
    No spanish here. I took two years of it in HS. I think I knew less after the two years then I did when I started. Funny I got b+'s threw almost the whole 2 years. I was just tossing around the idea. Sounds like it could be interesting.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

2 guys died at my location since I have been there, and the last one was really supposed to be me. I was supposed to get that job, but ended up being placed on a different machine the very last second. That guy died, instantly.
    Might as well join the army. It sounds safer than your current job.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    Might as well join the army. It sounds safer than your current job.
    Military would fire me. Im a panzy.

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    you need a rad patch and some wicked photoshop skills:

Click for full size
    guess they don't have a min height limit.

Thread Information