Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Whats a good cheaper LCD TV?

Looking to get a 27-32 inch lcd tv to play video games on but dont want to spend a killin. What about brands like Olevia, who are they and are their tvs any good?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

save your money and for a couple dollars more, get a TV you will be happy with. Why spend the money on some POS when for just a little more you can go bigger and better quality.

I waited for a while(months) and 2 weeks ago I got a 40" Samsung LCD HDTV w/1080p resolution. It was worth the wait, as because waiting allowed me to save more money for it. Save an go for a 1080p, you will be happy that you did (esp if you have Xbox360, PS2 or PS3). After X-mas sales, etc would be in your favor as well...

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

whats your price range?

ps. I ruined the xbox you sold me

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    save your money and for a couple dollars more, get a TV you will be happy with. Why spend the money on some POS when for just a little more you can go bigger and better quality.

I waited for a while and 2 weeks ago I got a 40" Samsung LCD HDTV w/1080p resolution. It was worth the wait, asbecause waiting allowed me to save more money for it. Save an go for a 1080p, you will be happy that you did.
    There are some extreme deals here lately for 32"+ HDTVs for around $800. I just picked up the Wwstinghouse 32" HDTV (built in tuner) for $749 out the door

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    There are some extreme deals here lately for 32"+ HDTVs for around $800. I just picked up the Wwstinghouse 32" HDTV (built in tuner) for $749 out the door
    whats the resolution: 480, 720, 1080? btw, nice score!!!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I was reading on this ...for HD tv under $1000 Samsung and Sharp are getting some of the best reviews

Hey badbluebird, how did you ruin that xbox, lol, i got a modded 360 on the way now. Anyways, is that westinghouse tv you got 1080p?
    Last edited by Mike Hawk; 12-24-2006 at 04:08 PM.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post

I waited for a while(months) and 2 weeks ago I got a 40" Samsung LCD HDTV w/1080p resolution. It was worth the wait, as because waiting allowed me to save more money for it. Save an go for a 1080p, you will be happy that you did (esp if you have Xbox360, PS2 or PS3). After X-mas sales, etc would be in your favor as well...

You hit the nail on the head! Finally someone giving GOOD advice about electronics.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I'd stay away from brands like Olevia, Westinghouse, Sampo, Sanyo, Emerson, and even the Vizio. The Vizios are overrated JUNK.

Stick with Sony, Sharp, Samsung, etc.... and you won't be disappointed!

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

i've been looking at the samsung 42" dlp tv's. anyone have a dlp and what's your opinion on it. i would like lcd but at that size they are really expensive.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    Hey badbluebird, how did you ruin that xbox, lol, i got a modded 360 on the way now. Anyways, is that westinghouse tv you got 1080p?
    yep, 1080..you may wanna check BB and see if they are still running the sale

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13 View Post
    I'd stay away from brands like Olevia, Westinghouse, Sampo, Sanyo, Emerson, and even the Vizio. The Vizios are overrated JUNK.

The Samsung is truly amazing but alittle outside of what I could afford. I did my homework and Westinghouse seemed to be a really good choice.

Everyone Ive spoken with loves theirs and the picture quilty is on par w/ the samsung. The only downside is the huge remote but I can live with that!

Playing COD 2 and Madden 07 on a widescreen HDTV is

how did you break that xbox?

I have a 50 inch samsung DLP 1080p and its the shit. Gears of War looks so damn amazing on it I cant stop playing it.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by DooberGN View Post
    I have a 50 inch samsung DLP 1080p and its the shit. Gears of War looks so damn amazing on it I cant stop playing it.
    Agreed I have a 43inch dlp and it's amazing playing GOW

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    i've been looking at the samsung 42" dlp tv's. anyone have a dlp and what's your opinion on it. i would like lcd but at that size they are really expensive.
    Yeah I have one and it's the truth Best bang for your buck tv out there for the money it's hard to beat I think circuitcity has one on sale for 899 this week with the 10% off coupon it's like $810. The Tv has most of the strengths of crt tv, no burn in great view angle etc, you dont have that motion blur problem that most lcd tv's seem to exhibit.

But that 42 inch olviea lcd for 999 is a great deal and tv also.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13 View Post

You mind explaining to us why you feel that way about vizio, olviea and westy? And just dont give us "I woked in a high end av shop answer?" Seriously these tv are highly regarded on AVSFORUM the biggest best av board on the net with true enthusiants. Now I'm not trying to start a argument no disrepect to you man I'm just want to know why you think this is true because after proper calibration these tv's have really held there own and I can post links to back this up. Becasue saying sony,samsung and sharp are the only one's worth getting is like saying mcintosh, anthem and meradian is tops and everything else is a pos.
    Again not trying to disrepect you but I'm just curious, I had samsung and sony tv's break down on me also that happens with any tv brand. I have a lot of experience with these brands as well as my background in electrical engineering and from what I have gathered, a lot of these brands share componetry with these so called highend brands.

I actually just picked up a Samsung 42" plasma EDTV, it has the HD tuner built in & is the 10000:1 ratio & picked it up for $799 w/ tax! I though I got a heck of a deal on it, b/c it was only avaliable for that price here in Springfield, about 50 miles east of here & 100 miles south same store this model was $1299 w/ tax!! Same model # & everything!
    2008 Lincoln MKZ - AWD
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT - Wifes car
    2006 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP - Sold
    2004 Pontiac GTO M6 - Sold

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse Red GTO View Post
    I actually just picked up a Samsung 42" plasma EDTV, it has the HD tuner built in & is the 10000:1 ratio & picked it up for $799 w/ tax! I though I got a heck of a deal on it, b/c it was only avaliable for that price here in Springfield, about 50 miles east of here & 100 miles south same store this model was $1299 w/ tax!! Same model # & everything!
    you lucky bastard i hate you

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    how did you break that xbox?
    I "flashed bios" and couldnt figure out how to fix it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information