Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver+Black/Black+Silver
    1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

What would you guys do?

Last week I brought my axle bearings to get pressed on, and a 1310 to 1350 conversion ujoint for my driveshaft at a place called performance muffler.

When I got there, I gave the guy my axles, and the bearings, and gave him the driveshaft and the conversion ujoint..

First thing he did, was lay my brand new axles down in a bunch of kitty litter.. Of course I told him immediately to get it off the floor. So as he's pressing on the axle bearings, he starts doing it all crooked and it did not look right at all.. I made sure he was pressing them on straight, and he continued.. Next, as he starts preparing the driveshaft, he tells me the conversion ujoint is not the right size but he can "make it work". I asked him if he was sure, and he assured me it would be fine. He said to come back in a couple hours, and it will be ready...

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................

So... I come back, and immediately he goes, "We got a problem." ... We go in, and the end of the driveshaft where the ujoint goes, is snapped. Apparently, he tried to just force them in there, and it broke it. So he proceeds to tell me not to worry, and they will take it a place called Dependable Driveshaft on monday to get it fixed... I take my axles, and head back home.. Once I got home, I realize he DID try to press them in crooked, and put some nice gashes in the axles. After examining them, we determined they would be fine, but the point is he messed them up.

So.. I call the place on my day off, Tuesday, to check on my driveshaft.. and after about 5 call backs, they eventually told me it was ready, and I could go pick it up..

I get up to the place, and am greeted by, "So, how will you be paying for this today?"

I explain to them the situation, and they agreed that Performance Muffler should pay for it. So they called up Performance, and the owner there, Sam, told them I was paying for it... Naturally, I'm pretty pissed at this point, so I call up the shop.. After ignoring my call about 10 times, Sam finally picks up.. I ask him what's going on and why I'm paying for the driveshaft that HIS employee broke.. And he replies with, "I didn't do it, I'm not going to pay for that shit. Talk to Marty, but he doesn't have any money so he won't be paying for it either!".

So he gives the phone to Marty, and I ask him what we're going to do and how we can work this out.. He tells me, "I broke it using your shitty parts that weren't the right size. It's your fault, and I'm not paying for anything, you can kiss my ass."

-- Now if you remember.. originally I was told.. "It's not the right size, but I can MAKE IT WORK".

After going back and forth for about 5 minutes, he hung up the phone on me, and I had no choice but to pay the $127 for the driveshaft they broke.

So what should I do? I am out $127 for a part they guaranteed me they would "Make it work".

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Small claims court. No lawyer required.

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

How do I go about doing that?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

jus as sarge said, and give them as much negative referral as you can. word of mouth travels far. thats completely uncalled for, unprofessional, and dishonest. A lot of good shops get reamed over honest mistakes and continue to try to make it right with customers. But thats the most blatant disrespect i've ever seen.

If I was the tech that had to work on your driveshaft and flat out realized that the parts you gave me wont fit or theres something wrong, I will flat out say I can't do it dude. When you try to make things work for a customer you always lose your shirt on the deal. I really question what kind of shop they are if they are incapable of pressing some axle bearings on. Pressing something is an easy concept. You press it and if it starts going cocked, fuckin stop! Do what you have to do to make sure what you are pressing is going on straight. If you cant do it with the stuff you have, tell the customer ya cant do it. Sometimes its ok to say that. Its an honest answer.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Go down to your local court house and they will have a complaint form for you to fill out. Just tell your story and give them copies of any receipts whatever you may have. Cost like $50. The dude will get served you are suing him. Shit himself and probably settle with you....if not you go tell your story and he tells his and the judge makes a decision. That simple.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Judge Judy. She won't let em get away with it!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Shit small claims court is fucking great. Cheap and easy....I think the maximum you can get is what guys? $2500 I think....

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Shit small claims court is fucking great. Cheap and easy....I think the maximum you can get is what guys? $2500 I think....
    I think up to 5k and judge judy is a bitch

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Is it....I bet ol Judge Judy wears a strap on and bangs her old man in the brown.

It must be something up with shops that end with muffler today.

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

So if I did go, and won, I'd get $127 from him minus the $50 it cost, so I'd still be ahead $77, lol..

At least they wouldn't get away with it..

Even the driveshaft place that fixed their mess-up told me that they have never seen a shop do anything like that before and they should be the ones paying for it..

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ten View Post
    So if I did go, and won, I'd get $127 from him minus the $50 it cost, so I'd still be ahead $77, lol..

At least they wouldn't get away with it..

Even the driveshaft place that fixed their mess-up told me that they have never seen a shop do anything like that before and they should be the ones paying for it..
    The shop might pay it if you win, but i could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Is it....I bet ol Judge Judy wears a strap on and bangs her old man in the brown.
    lol.... You know how much it would suck having her as a mom... You couldn't get away with shit.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    The shop might pay it if you win, but i could be wrong
    Yup...add the court fees and maybe those gouged axles in the amount you're suing for.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

plus add any other fee's you can think of and after you figure you've added about as much as it's worth to you.....tack on another $300 for him being an asshole about it. Call it mental anguish.
    Get as much documentation as you can. The first thing they're going to say is that you provided the wrong parts so I would first find documentation that proves those parts will work. Then ask if the parts were wrong why did they even try? Also, pull your axles if you have to and take pictures of every scratch on 'em and add those into the cost too. Receipts should be kept. Every piece of document will help your case.

I run 1350's in my stock driveshaft and didn't have any problem getting them on.

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    plus add any other fee's you can think of and after you figure you've added about as much as it's worth to you.....tack on another $300 for him being an asshole about it. Call it mental anguish.
    Get as much documentation as you can. The first thing they're going to say is that you provided the wrong parts so I would first find documentation that proves those parts will work. Then ask if the parts were wrong why did they even try? Also, pull your axles if you have to and take pictures of every scratch on 'em and add those into the cost too. Receipts should be kept. Every piece of document will help your case.

I run 1350's in my stock driveshaft and didn't have any problem getting them on.
    Yep, get documentation. Go back to the driveshaft place and have them write out what they said to you, signed and dated.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

also, add the cost of a new driveshaft. Don't drive around with an LS1 and have it hooked up to some half ass driveshaft.

1999 TA M6/03 GSXR 600

Yeah I should have taken pictures of the axles.. Well I do have the reciept from the driveshaft place, and the part I got was from advanced auto, it was the right part number, I just don't think they were putting it in right.. Regardless, they should not have tried to "make it work" if it was not the right part..

I guess I can go down to the courthouse on monday and fill out those papers.. I just wish they would have done it right the first time...

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

When you sue him, get him for: The new driveshaft, new axles(theres NO way to tell if they are comprimised or not), the court fees, and the cost of a rental car for however many days your car was disabled for, wether or not you got a rental. In florida, you are legally entitled to ALL of those costs.... nail his ass, and teach him a lesson he wont forget, so they never do it to anyone ever again.

And 2, the SHOP is responsible, not the tech(using that word liberally)... shops are REQUIRED to have insurance for this very thing, if they dont(which it sounds like) then they are DOUBLE fucked by the fines they are gonna get nailed for too.

yellow

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Judge Judy. She won't let em get away with it!
    Have your chick do all the testifying for you. Judge Judy always sides with the female.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information