Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

What would you do.

My son 15 has a girlfriend for 7 months she is 16, they think they are in love, they were first together, so a week ago she comes up to my son and tells him they need a break (right before spring break) so they agree and will just be friends. Well being this is my son's real first love he goes to Carowinds with his ex, and her parents thinking maybe they can get back together, I told him to stay home and forget about her, well that did not work. He did find out that she has feelings for another guy she works with that is 20 years old, she also said that they have kissed, and are always together.
    The bad thing is that this 20 year old is one of my ex's from high school, I told my son to go beat his head in, and if he could not I would.Now my wife is going to call the ex from high school and I think it will get worst, what do you think guys.....
    2007 Yukon XL (sold)
    2014 Z71 LTZ 3LZ (sold)
    2010 Escalade Platinum AWD , 6.2
    2017 Silverado HC , 4x4, 6.2

2000 WS6 ASC#2300 Holly LS6 intake, TR Custom grind cam, Mac Mids w/ ORY,Hotchkis LCA's, PHB, BMR Extreme STB, BMR re-location brackets,Eibach Sportlines, GMMG, Mccleod Pro 5.0, SLP SFC's, OEM ZO6 wheels
    1995 TA
    1969 R code Mach I my new project

Want a new car

Not worth it dude! Your kid is gonna find girls, this first is alwasy hard to get over but the best thing for your kid to do is act like it dosent bother him and if the girl comes around then good, but he is not going to make her like him by fighting, not like the other guy was his friend or something and its the girls choise. At that age just move on.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

The context of the first post is confusing the shit out of me.

Who used to date this 20 year old?

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    The context of the first post is confusing the shit out of me.

Who used to date this 20 year old?
    yeah same here.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

buy your son a 30-40 year old prostitue... show him what a real woman is capable of...

Mustang killer

White/ Blue stripes
    1999 30th anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by screamin chicken View Post
    He did find out that she has feelings for another guy she works with that is 20 years old, she also said that they have kissed, and are always together.
    I told my son to go beat his head in, and if he could not I would.
    If she has feelings for another guy, how is it the other guys fault ?

Girls aren't worth fighting over ........ Move on

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Trans am Chick View Post
    +1 takes some of us years to learn that.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

unless they are in a pool of jello with you...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Regardless of my question above, tell your son to move on. Don't tell him to fight this guy. There are probably a million things I can think of that are worth getting in a physical fight to defend, but the emotions of a 16 year old girl who doesn't know what she wants are NOT one of them.

Tell him that there are over 3 billion girls in the world. Tell him that just because this girl is the first to let him get his dick wet (Or, first to make him feel special, or whatever you, as a parent, would rather think), that it doesn't immediately mean she's "the one", and that it's "love", and that he won't be happy if she's not the one.

He's 15 years old. When I was 15 years old, I was pretty much the same kid I had always been. In the 6 years since, however, I've changed more than I thought would be possible to change in 6 lifetimes. Everything about him will change. His preferences, opinions, worldviews, the way he looks, the type of music he listens to, the female breast size he considers perfect, the types of cars he would most like to drive, everything. He's just entering high school. People change so much during high school and college as they form and hone their thoughts into their adult personality. I can look back to each year of those parts of my life and remember something that I was so certain of at the time, that seem just laughable to me currently.

Likewise I could look back and remember where I thought I would be now and compare it to where I actually am. Those also seem so different. That's not to say I'm disappointed per say; I have no regrets and am extremely happy with my life. My point is that your son is going to change so much within the next few years that he probably won't even recognize himself (In a mental aspect of course). Without being able to recognize his future self, how can he even begin to think that he will be able recognize that a completely different person will be the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with?

To add insult to injury, he's having these premature feelings over a girl who is immature, not only in the biological sense, but as expressed through her actions. Girls are notorious for being indecisive, and the fact that she's going back and forth between ex's will only lead to someone getting hurt (Either emotionally, or physically (e.g. both guys fighting), but most likely both). As I said before: there are too many suitable female partners in the world to get hung up on a single one, especially one who's devotion to you is shared with another man. While it does work out for some people, it is illogical to think that you'll be lucky enough to find the perfect girl for yourself out of the 3B+ on the very first try. It might be hundreds.

At his age, breaking it off with this girl will be an excellent learning experience. Conversely, if he loves her as much as you say he does, it will also be a terribly difficult experience for him. You're never the same after your first, but you're thereafter armed with the knowledge that if it's not working out with someone, it's okay to let go, because there's someone else out there who will be a better match. I said before that I have no regrets, and I hold fast to that, but that doesn't mean I don't wonder how my own life might have been different had I learned this at his age as opposed to much later on.

I advise you to explain these concepts to him. I sure that he will brush it off, because at 15 we all knew everything there is to know (I know I did ), but perhaps in 6 years he'll be sitting at his desk, happily single, and in an odd, random recollection, he will remember what you said to him and let out a whimsical, reminiscent, self-realizing, and humbling "huh..." with a smile.

red
    2001 v6 camaro

my advise is to sit his ass down in front of the computer, and let him read that post right there^^^^

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

I agree,m I have told him to move on, he will have to learn the hard way.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Very well said irox and at 21, you'll likely be seeing many things differently when you're my age. Life in and of itself, is a learning experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Regardless of my question above, tell your son to move on. Don't tell him to fight this guy. There are probably a million things I can think of that are worth getting in a physical fight to defend, but the emotions of a 16 year old girl who doesn't know what she wants are NOT one of them.

Tell him that there are over 3 billion girls in the world. Tell him that just because this girl is the first to let him get his dick wet (Or, first to make him feel special, or whatever you, as a parent, would rather think), that it doesn't immediately mean she's "the one", and that it's "love", and that he won't be happy if she's not the one.

He's 15 years old. When I was 15 years old, I was pretty much the same kid I had always been. In the 6 years since, however, I've changed more than I thought would be possible to change in 6 lifetimes. Everything about him will change. His preferences, opinions, worldviews, the way he looks, the type of music he listens to, the female breast size he considers perfect, the types of cars he would most like to drive, everything. He's just entering high school. People change so much during high school and college as they form and hone their thoughts into their adult personality. I can look back to each year of those parts of my life and remember something that I was so certain of at the time, that seem just laughable to me currently.

Likewise I could look back and remember where I thought I would be now and compare it to where I actually am. Those also seem so different. That's not to say I'm disappointed per say; I have no regrets and am extremely happy with my life. My point is that your son is going to change so much within the next few years that he probably won't even recognize himself (In a mental aspect of course). Without being able to recognize his future self, how can he even begin to think that he will be able recognize that a completely different person will be the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with?

To add insult to injury, he's having these premature feelings over a girl who is immature, not only in the biological sense, but as expressed through her actions. Girls are notorious for being indecisive, and the fact that she's going back and forth between ex's will only lead to someone getting hurt (Either emotionally, or physically (e.g. both guys fighting), but most likely both). As I said before: there are too many suitable female partners in the world to get hung up on a single one, especially one who's devotion to you is shared with another man. While it does work out for some people, it is illogical to think that you'll be lucky enough to find the perfect girl for yourself out of the 3B+ on the very first try. It might be hundreds.

At his age, breaking it off with this girl will be an excellent learning experience. Conversely, if he loves her as much as you say he does, it will also be a terribly difficult experience for him. You're never the same after your first, but you're thereafter armed with the knowledge that if it's not working out with someone, it's okay to let go, because there's someone else out there who will be a better match. I said before that I have no regrets, and I hold fast to that, but that doesn't mean I don't wonder how my own life might have been different had I learned this at his age as opposed to much later on.

I advise you to explain these concepts to him. I sure that he will brush it off, because at 15 we all knew everything there is to know (I know I did ), but perhaps in 6 years he'll be sitting at his desk, happily single, and in an odd, random recollection, he will remember what you said to him and let out a whimsical, reminiscent, self-realizing, and humbling "huh..." with a smile.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

My son 15 has a girlfriend for 7 months she is 16, they think they are in love, they were first together, so a week ago she comes up to my son and tells him they need a break (right before spring break) so they agree and will just be friends. Well being this is my son's real first love he goes to Carowinds with his ex, and her parents thinking maybe they can get back together, I told him to stay home and forget about her, well that did not work. He did find out that she has feelings for another guy she works with that is 20 years old, she also said that they have kissed, and are always together.
    The bad thing is that this 20 year old is one of my ex's from high school, I told my son to go beat his head in, and if he could not I would.Now my wife is going to call the ex from high school and I think it will get worst, what do you think guys.....
    This is easy. Stay the hell out of it! It's really not your place. Your kid needs to go through his heartaches. Be there for him and help him get through if need be, but do not get involved. And, DO NOT encourage him to beat his ass That's just teaching him it's OK to be an ass

And the 20 year old ex thing is a bit confusing. I'm going to guess that he is the son of your ex?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Very well said irox and at 21, you'll likely be seeing many things differently when you're my age. Life in and of itself, is a learning experience.
    Exactly

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Damn! Iroc really went all out there. I go with what Iroc said

Black, Red, Silver Jade
    00 WS6,95 Ta, 69 R code

I never blamed the other guy, I wish my son would just listen and forget about her, The whole point of this is she is 16 and the new guy is 20 in my state that is illegal, i know if it was my 16 daughter I would want someone telling me. This new guys mom is my Ex from high school i think i will just tell her nicely that her 20 yr. is messing with 16 yr. old girls.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

her 20 yr. is messing with 16 yr. old girls.
    Nothing wrong with that in my state.

Jus' sayin'

LIGHT PEWTER METALIC
    1999 SS CAMARO

Ok so the adult is trying to get the kid to kick someones ass? What's wrong with this picture?? I would have to agree with iroc? He will survive sounds like someone else may have pent up hard feelings for his ex too! just my.02

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Teeny chics dig older guys and always have...tell your son to date a 13 year old.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Teeny chics dig older guys and always have...tell your son to date a 13 year old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information