chipsahoy347

Question What would you do?

I recently started taking college classes (for my masters degree) and during my personal intro, an old fat lady in the back yells out "What are you a Hilton Heir?" (because I worked in the Banking industry and recently took a 6 month trip to Europe to relax before grad school). I worked to save up, but it kinda bothered me that someone would say some stupid crap like this when I was just asked to share some info with the class.

Should I confront her tomorrow about it? Tell her to keep shrewd and sarcastic remarks to herself.

Should I confront her in front of the whole class? Or one on one? She decided to open her trap in front of everyone and pretty much hate on me in front of 25+ people so that I didn't feel like saying anything else.

Or just let it slide? And sit there all semester and let her get away with being a dickhead?

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Ignore her.

If you respond in any way, she will know that her remark bothered you and she will have won.

She is a loudmouth boor. If she were on this board, it would be equal to her being a troll.

........................Or you could take her out back and donkey punch her for immediate gratification.
    It's your call.

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by chipsahoy347
    I recently started taking college classes (for my masters degree) and during my personal intro, an old fat lady in the back yells out "What are you a Hilton Heir?" (because I worked in the Banking industry and recently took a 6 month trip to Europe to relax before grad school). I worked to save up, but it kinda bothered me that someone would say some stupid crap like this when I was just asked to share some info with the class.

Should I confront her tomorrow about it? Tell her to keep shrewd and sarcastic remarks to herself.

Should I confront her in front of the whole class? Or one on one? She decided to open her trap in front of everyone and pretty much hate on me in front of 25+ people so that I didn't feel like saying anything else.

Or just let it slide? And sit there all semester and let her get away with being a dickhead?
    I'd tend to keep quiet considering the setting. If it were a rowdy bunch of 19 year olds fresh from high school, you could slam her without hesitation. Chances are, her rude comments weren't taken all that well by a master's (soon to be)prepared crowd, most of whom could afford to do exactly what you did do. Let it slide, maybe she was just nervous and tried to break the ice and it came out all wrong.

If she keeps it up, though, one well placed comment ought to put her in check.

Lori

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yup...as strange as it sounds/seems...it's called "Benjamin Discrimination"...folks see your Rolex and car...and instantly think your a rich prick and treat you differently.....so you dress down and discover a long lost southern accent to "fit in"....then you discover that is bullshit and just be yourself and ignore the stupid pricks....or buy there house and piss in the front yard...whichever you wish...your rich you can do what you want
    Seriously...I hear you loud and clear....we try so hard here in the states to be a classless society...that is bullshit....rappers run around with a million dollars worth of bling and everybody sez their cool...came from the streets and earned it....but if a white guy has a Tag/Mercedes....we are arrogant pricks....I can live with it

Silver
    At least its paid for.

What did the other student's do? Did they laugh when she said that? What happend?

Black
    2000 WS6

I would just ignore her, whats the use anyway. Or if it makes you feel
    better tell her to shut her pie hole.

Next time she is doing something that requires she speaks out in class just raz her a little like correct her mistake if she screws up. That really puts a stick up someones ass.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Nice first post!

imo you have to stick up for yourself in some form or another.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

I would ignore her, but if you do confront her don't stoop to her level. Do it one on one. Post up some pics of the trip. Sounds like a great time.

chipsahoy347
    I haven't posted in a while, but I've been on LS1.com for about 7 years! Forgot my username and password, so I had to re-register.

Johhny Utah -no one in the class said anything or laughed, they all looked shocked that someone would say something like that.

Black
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Well if you were to say something now, after everyones forgotten about it, coz they have even if you haven't, then you would look like the asshole. If you had a witty remark at the time it happened, it would have been better... just blow it off unless she does it again, then you need to be a little witty and have a snappy comeback. That usually does the trick and they won't say shit anymore.

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Don't say a thing, it's not worth it. Everyone in that class now knows what she's about

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfe13
    Well if you were to say something now, after everyones forgotten about it, coz they have even if you haven't, then you would look like the asshole. If you had a witty remark at the time it happened, it would have been better... just blow it off unless she does it again, then you need to be a little witty and have a snappy comeback. That usually does the trick and they won't say shit anymore.
    you gotta out smart the smart ass @ the time or let it go. If no one laughed then she must have really sounded like a cunt and people agreed. have a good semester.

hmmm makes me wonder why you would even let such a little poor person bother you.I gotta think you ain't got rich.........a rich person would pipe up and say something like....yes i am and thats mighty white of you to memtion it!

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

If she pushes it again, tell her to stick another donut in her fat ass mouth

Thread Information