Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

What is with texting and chicks?

Ok, I'm not gunna dump life story on the internet here, but I just recently got left by my chick of almost 4 years, this past Friday afternoon. Came home, shit was gone, called her up, said she wasn't coming back and was crying. To make a long story short, I've been at fault for alot of things, alot of personal reasons, so I can't say I totally blame her for her decision. I don't totally agree with her up and leaving (literally), but nonetheless, whats done is done.

So we've talked and talked, and have agreed to try and work on being friends, all the meanwhile, I made it a plan Saturday to invite an old friend (b) to go out on my boat with my buddy and I. She decides to bring along her friend as well (j).

To make a long story short on this end, we're all hanging out, having a good time, listening to some cds, drinking (I drank 3 Mike's hard lemond, I go hard), and ridin' the tube. My buddy is a little on the heavier side, and I've got love handles but nothing major by any means, as I'm still in shape for the most part. My friend B I've known for atleast 10 years, real cool girl, a little on the heavier side like my buddy, but our relationship has never been a sexual one by any means, just one of those cool girls you can chill with at any given time. BUT... her friend J... is damn near a dime! I know what you guys are thinking...

I'll get to it in a second. So everybody decides to take turns riding double, and J only wants to ride double with me. Sweet At first, I ride on top of her, didn't like it, we were off in no longer than 20 seconds. Then I get on the bottom, lasted a whole 2 minutes. The 3rd time we go, I get back on top because she says she likes it better that way. So my buddy is drivin' the boat, he makes one pass around, and crosses back over the wakes he just made. It happened pretty fast, but J ended up banging her head on mine when we flew off. She got knocked out, body limp, I rushed and carried her over to the swim platform, she woke up, all was good. Really scared the crap out of me!!! Anyways, won't ever ride double again without helmets for sure, and now it's a big joke (thankfully).

So anyways, my buddy was trying to hit on her hard, and it was cool, she's a beautiful girl, he's single, but I kind of sensed that she was taking a pretty fair amount of interest in me. We end up heading across lake to a spot everybody hangs out, I anchor the boat and we spend a few hours messing around, talking, all that cool stuff. We all hop back in, head back over to mom's neighborhood dock area, put the boat on the trailer, and come on back to my house. We said our goodbyes, and Monday comes.

So today I get home from work, talk to my friend B and she asks why I never responded to her text. I reminded her I don't have text messaging, that if I need to talk to somebody I will usually just call. She replied that J sent me a text as well, and wanted to know why I didn't answer. Apparently, as it turns out, texting is the new "in" thing?

I actually just had a 30 minute conversation with her on the phone, but she's on me pretty bad to get my text messaging turned back on. I just don't get the whole "texting" thing. Like it solves world issues or something?

It's almost 2am, I'm restless, and I think I just spilled half of my weekend to you guys. Ah well, no better place to do it than with the LS1 family, right?

Thoughts please....

2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Its easier for chicks to lie or be shady through texting as opposed to one on one or actual oral communication.

The End

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Its easier for chicks to lie or be shady through texting as opposed to one on one or actual oral communication.

The End
    This is true... never thought about that

Mr. P always has short, to the point, no BS answers... but what if she's hot?

Oh wait, I need to get pics up, gimme a sec

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    I'll get to it in a second. So everybody decides to take turns riding double, and J only wants to ride double with me. Sweet At first, I ride on top of her, didn't like it, we were off in no longer than 20 seconds. Then I get on the bottom, lasted a whole 2 minutes. The 3rd time we go, I get back on top because she says she likes it better that way. So my buddy is drivin' the boat, he makes one pass around, and crosses back over the wakes he just made. It happened pretty fast, but J ended up banging her head on mine when we flew off. She got knocked out, body limp, I rushed and carried her over to the swim platform, she woke up, all was good. Really scared the crap out of me!!! Anyways, won't ever ride double again without helmets for sure, and now it's a big joke (thankfully).
    I had to read this paragraph about 3 times cause i thought you guys were boning

Anyways yea get txt and picture txt too for pics. How old are you?

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I'm overdue for a free upgrade on my phone so I think I'm gunna go Saturday to see what I can get... I'm 24

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I prefer texting girls wrather than calling them. It allows me to read what they say, think it over. And give the best possible response. I suck on the phone because I am not johnny on the spot with wit. Also, its more informal. Get back to me whenever you can, I will read it whenever I can. I like it. Plus, shit not worthy of a telephone call can be said. Used to get a "g'nite" every day. Texting > Phone

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

J is on the left and B is on the right

J is on the left and her other friend we'll call her "L" is on the right lol

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I prefer texting girls wrather than calling them. It allows me to read what they say, think it over. And give the best possible response. I suck on the phone because I am not johnny on the spot with wit. Also, its more informal. Get back to me whenever you can, I will read it whenever I can. I like it. Plus, shit not worthy of a telephone call can be said. Used to get a "g'nite" every day. Texting > Phone
    First time really gettin' to know this chick is at 1am on the phone, and she wants to end the call with a "I feel I'm the one putting in more of the effort, YOU call ME tomorrow when you have a chance" So I tell her it's cool, call her around noon, to where she replies "Goodnight".... that's more of on the intimate side I think

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

I'm pretty good at saying things on the spot too though but to the OP you gotta txt man, if you would've said your 40 or something then no don't txt but your on your prime man and now that your single well you gotta get on J and txtin is a simple way to "spit game", oh and get pics too

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

I got pics... watcha want?

I'm just waitin on Sunday's pictures, B was supposed to send 'em over, but she's down in Richmond with J right now at the University overnight. Said she'd get to 'em tomorrow. In fact, I think the one is of me riding her

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

This is true... never thought about that

Mr. P always has short, to the point, no BS answers... but what if she's hot?

Oh wait, I need to get pics up, gimme a sec
    J is cute. She is cute enough to keep for the probationary period of 2 months to get some quality boning in and decide whether her drama is worth an extended period of time.

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

J is cute. She is cute enough to keep for the probationary period of 2 months to get some quality boning in and decide whether her drama is worth an extended period of time.
    I got the Stamp of Approval with the big "P" on it, so I'm good

I'll let you guys know how it turns out. But before I shoot off to bed for an hour before I gotta get back up and go to work, here's another....

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Well written story but yeah to some the proverbial text message or sms these days says more than a call. Plus they can do it from most anywhere like work, driving (J/K), bathroom while getting ready, many other places...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I agree with Y2K all the way Try her out and test her drama level
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

white
    2000 Z28

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akkOvyfAGAg[/ame]
    samuel l jackson and mothafuckin charlie murphy!!!
    or dare i say mrmastercraft and mothafuckin charlie murphy!!!
    Last edited by 00z28bubba; 06-22-2010 at 02:23 AM.

If you put friend B and J together you got yourself a BJ.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    I'm pretty good at saying things on the spot too though but to the OP you gotta txt man, if you would've said your 40 or something then no don't txt but your on your prime man and now that your single well you gotta get on J and txtin is a simple way to "spit game", oh and get pics too
    I got pics... watcha want?

I'm just waitin on Sunday's pictures, B was supposed to send 'em over, but she's down in Richmond with J right now at the University overnight. Said she'd get to 'em tomorrow. In fact, I think the one is of me riding her
    He meant get picture messaging to, so you can send and receive pics...

Once you start texting you will get used to it and like it. If you are sitting in your living room and shes not doing anything either and you guys are texting back and forth 20 times, that's retarded and you should just call. But if you are texting once every 20 mins or so cuz you are busy or at work, thats the way to go.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Chicks fucking LOVE texting. They love it. It's one of those things that I think men will never be able to fully understand. That's not to say that I have a few theories on why they like texting so much:

1. They're females. It's normal for them to enjoy illogical and inefficient ways of doing things.

2. It creates a record of the conversation, so later on they can open whatever text from whatever dude, show it to their friend, and they can both get all giddy and shit and jump around like 12 years old or whatever.

3. Girls fucking love making drama and talking shit about people. Texting enables them to talk shit to their friend about another friend who's right there with them. Between the two of them they think they're being so sneaky and sly, when in reality they're just acting like idiots.

4. Chicks can never make up their mind, especially when it comes to which dick they want. Texting allows them to clandestinely flirt with a 2nd dude while dating or "hanging out" with the 1st.

5. They like racking up daddys cell phone bill, purely to be a bitch.

6. Lots of girls, at least the ones I know, like to seem socially important, and I think that they think if they're texting all the time, they'll seem popular to those around them, but instead they're just being real fucking rude and annoying.

The End
    This.
    Same here broski.

Not to mention most of the shit girls talk about is boring as fuck, so it's nice texting as opposed to the phone because you don't immediately need to respond with some "I'm interested" bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by 00z28bubba View Post

samuel l jackson and mothafuckin charlie murphy!!!
    or dare i say mrmastercraft and mothafuckin charlie murphy!!!
    this sums it up perfectly.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

And they're too scared to say the things they text verbally

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    And they're too scared to say the things they text verbally
    That's me also though. I've said shit I would never say to girl face to face before using texts. There is no context, no emotion, no voice, no body language. I can just text j/k if response wasn't favorable. They never know.

I once texted a girl asking if they'd like to go out for drinks on friday. They shot me down, to which I texted back, sorry, sent this to wrong number, meant to send to ####. It was an epic win in my book.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information