Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

What should i do about about my friggin co-workers

ok here is a summary of whats been going on and leading up to the current situation. At my work we all joke around a bit,do some pranks on each other and sometimes throw paper balls at each other(crumpled up sheets of old paper). We all do bench work and sometimes have to really concentrate on what were fixing, then out of know where to the back of the head with a paper ball It would sort of wake you up from la la land and everyone would get a good laugh. One day we were getting a little carried away and everyone (4-5 of us in the shop) was throwing them at each other, mind you customers can see us from the show room and one woman was pissoff that we were all goofing around and no one went up to the counter to help.. Boss does not like when customers get mad for anything and was pretty pissed so NO MORE THROWING OF ANYTHING.

Ok fast forward to the past few weeks the ball throwing has started up again but basically just aimed at me. Now i can take a hit/joke etc and i would return fire sometime shortly after i was hit. Well needless to say no one else gets hit and every couple of min i get hit with a friggin ball(mind you there are 3-4 people doing it so its almost a constant bombardment or crap being thrown my way) Yea its a bit funny that i get hit but i shit you not its every 2-4 min and im having a hard time trying to get anything completed. Now im not just getting paper balls thrown at me im getting little pieces of plastic/rubber whipped at my head and it gets a bit anyoying and the pieces are getting bigger and of course i react to it much more and its just a big ass joke. These are not the type of people that you could just say,ok cut the shit your getting to be a bit anoying and your crossing the line of being funny and starting to really piss me off. I would get the whole what are you a baby type of stuff.They are not little kids but middle aged adults(35-43) with ego trips and half the time do their own thing reguardless to what the boss has said (ex NO MORE THROWING OF ANYTHING). Not to mention im the one that gets the crap jobs they dont want to do and i get blamed for not doing enough mean will their cherry picking the work. I basically get talked down to for the most part due to my age (30) being younger than the others and somehow 35 is so much older (been at this job for 8 years now) and i get no respect what so ever, my opinion doesnt matter reguardless that i have more knowledge in a particular area than any of them do not to mention how the one guy (36 years old) talks about being in pain/hurting that day but if i make any mention that my knees hurt (bad knees since i was 12 dislocated 3 times) or my heelspur hurts i get the "your only 30,stop being a baby" yea 6 years is like so much older than me Just trying to give you guys a feal for what kind of ego's they have and how(since their older) its sooooo much harder. bla bla bla

Well anyway i need a way to get them to lessen the shit thowing without making me "look like a baby"

Thinking of having a friend call up corporate as a customer that was waiting for someone to help him and all he could see were guys in the shop throwing stuff at each other and jerking around and no one took the time to help the customer. My boss really hates anything that makes it to corporate and for the main boss to find out guys are thowing shit and customers can plainly see it would really piss him off and would look bad for us. Im sure it would stop then but dont know if i should take that route. I could always talk to my boss about it but you know its almost like grade school and a bully is picking on you, you dont go to the pricnipal you fight the guy, well in this case i would loose my job which wouldnt be good at this point in time.

so what would you do, any suggestions
    Last edited by LS1WS6; 03-05-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

If you have a problem that isnt getting address correctly go to your boss' boss.. and so on and so forth till the issue gets resolved... Everyone hates being a narc and ruin the party but you must have a job.. and you must have a source of income and you dont need someone risking your job over stupid immature crap that isnt getting addressed correctly...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Murder all of them.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

carry in a pocket full of golf balls and start throwing those.

Seriously, I wouldn't call corporate. Nothing good can come out of that. Keep it in house and make sure everyone knows you're out of the game. Then if someone throws something at you don't say anything at the time but catch them on break alone and tell them you're gonna kick their ass after work if they do it again. Do that to 2-3 people and it'll stop. Personally, I'd follow through on it too. If someone hits you in the head with a spit wad slap the shit out of them outside of work in front of everyone.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Murder all of them.
    Then hide the bodies in the HVAC ducts.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

light thier lower backs on fire...

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Call their bluff and tell them that the boss pulled you aside and said that everyone including yourself is about to get started down the road of corrective action leading up to and including termination.

Then tell that you nor them probably can afford to lose your job because you have to much vested time ( 8 years) to start over. Also it would be embarrassing if ANY of you had to go home and explain to your significant other that you(they) got canned for throwing wads of paper and being a general fuck off.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Spray this on them...

http://www.liquidass.com/

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Get pissed off one time, with a red face and spit flying out...the whole nine. They'll probably leave you alone after that..but they might not be your "friends" anymore. Either that or a fight will break out ...which ever way it'll be entertaining.

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

yea im getting to the point of exploding, i already had an outburst today and dont know if it had any effect. I just have to say it all started out as good fun and well these pricks decided it would be more fun to just do it to me which then lead to finding more creative ways to throw crap at me meaning pieces of plastic,pieces of rubber,wire etc. The one guy is only 10 ft behind me so a simple toss of anything would do but its not just lobbed at me its chucked at me and i think that pisses me off more. Hey if you just toss it my way thats one thing but to chuck it at me to get a laugh is another not to mention a few times in the past i had aluminum balls (aluminum foil packed tight) whiped at me. As you can see its just escalating to more anoying things and the possiabilty of getting hurt is definately there espically if im fixing something, get hint then slip with a screw driver and stab my hand. I have to say most of this takes place due to my stupidity in letting it escalate. Im not an aggressive/ego type of person, im more of the nice type take life as it is,no need to show boat/talk shit or complain of lifes problems kind of guy. I can take a joke,kinda suck at making a comeback(not really my style but at times i can get a few good jabs in) and i can take a hit but i guess i just take the hit,get the joke laugh a little then get back to work with out throwing anything back. Kinda why i think that stuff gets thrown at me cause they know ill just brush it off and not do anything back to them. If i do decide to throw stuff back and hit them well i just get a boat load more stuff in return so its definately not hit for hit.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

ever heard of foam pepper spray...................or a taser

You have to get tough man. Take a base ball bat to work next time and make everyone see's you walkin wit then don't be afraid to use it the first time some shit goes down!

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

might be hard to sneek in all at once ...

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blkSS98 View Post
    You have to get tough man. Take a base ball bat to work next time and make everyone see's you walkin wit then don't be afraid to use it the first time some shit goes down!
    do you really think i need a bat, me about 6 years ago, bigger now

[IMG] [/IMG]

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by LS1WS6 View Post
    do you really think i need a bat, me about 6 years ago, bigger now

Click for full size [/URL][/thumb]
    watch Walking Tall ..............then go to work and go to work

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by LS1WS6 View Post
    yea im getting to the point of exploding, i already had an outburst today and dont know if it had any effect. I just have to say it all started out as good fun and well these pricks decided it would be more fun to just do it to me which then lead to finding more creative ways to throw crap at me meaning pieces of plastic,pieces of rubber,wire etc. The one guy is only 10 ft behind me so a simple toss of anything would do but its not just lobbed at me its chucked at me and i think that pisses me off more. Hey if you just toss it my way thats one thing but to chuck it at me to get a laugh is another not to mention a few times in the past i had aluminum balls (aluminum foil packed tight) whiped at me. As you can see its just escalating to more anoying things and the possiabilty of getting hurt is definately there espically if im fixing something, get hint then slip with a screw driver and stab my hand. I have to say most of this takes place due to my stupidity in letting it escalate. Im not an aggressive/ego type of person, im more of the nice type take life as it is,no need to show boat/talk shit or complain of lifes problems kind of guy. I can take a joke,kinda suck at making a comeback(not really my style but at times i can get a few good jabs in) and i can take a hit but i guess i just take the hit,get the joke laugh a little then get back to work with out throwing anything back. Kinda why i think that stuff gets thrown at me cause they know ill just brush it off and not do anything back to them. If i do decide to throw stuff back and hit them well i just get a boat load more stuff in return so its definately not hit for hit.

You need to get back at them. You gotta fuck with them in ways that are down right cruel, you keep it up till they stop and they will call a truce. Anything you they do to you, you take it to the next level, eventually they will quit. Sometimes you gotta take it into your own hands. Letting them throw things at you and you doing nothing about it is about the worst thing you could do. Since your management isn't doing shit to help you out you gotta stand up for yourself. Obviously you've never been bullied before and this is just like hs or gradeschool. If you do something worse than what they are doing then they will eventually figure out that it's not worth it.

Take their lunch and dump in on the ground or something, then tell them why you did it if they bitch about it.

You standing there letting them throw things at you is going to accomplish nothing.

When they get bored and have nothing to do, hmmm lets attack the person who doesn't care and get a laugh out of it. If they realize there is consequences to this THEY WILL STOP.

Think of something creative you can do to them at work that can't get blamed on you.

I've literally seen this hundreds of times at work and when I was in school. The person who is quiet and does nothing in retaliation is the one that constantly gets picked on and they can't figure out why. The person who does something back might get screwed with again, but if he keeps it up, they will stop and I've seen this work.

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

When they get bored and have nothing to do, hmmm lets attack the person who doesn't care and get a laugh out of it. If they realize there is consequences to this THEY WILL STOP.

I've literally seen this hundreds of times at work and when I was in school. The person who is quiet and does nothing in retaliation is the one that constantly gets picked on and they can't figure out why. The person who does something back might get screwed with again, but if he keeps it up, they will stop and I've seen this work.[/QUOTE]

best advise so far, yes i have been bulleyed before which almost always leads to a fight and the bulleying stops. Fight at work=fired

I didnt talk to my boss about this yet as i dont want him to just go out and say ok guys stop throwing stuff at him. I think the outcome of that would just be the typical verbal abuse such as your a baby/wuss/p&ussy etc. Oh dont throw stuff at him cause he might tell kind of crap

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I've never seen it end in a fight and i really don't think some mid 30 year olds are gonna duke it out at work...

this is what i would do and it has never failed on me, but that was in hs...i don't have that problem anymore. a few random jackasses at work who try to pull rank on me, but when they act like a jackass and i'm a low ranking guy and stand up to them in front of their friends, they get intimidated and it works!

NBM
    99 TA

sounds like you work with a bunch of people with the maturity level of high school kids. Tell them how it is... they are a bunch of fuckin losers and they should grow the fuck up. If they want to throw shit at each other they can go live with the monkeys at the zoo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information