View Poll Results: What option should I take?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2011 Prius

What should I do?

My stepdad is home and we been talking... PS: The T/A will be running tomorrow, on my B-Day, well started... I can drive the Vette mean time, put insurance on it if I want (Temporary car), in turn get him a windshield through insurance as a thank you.

1) If I want it, trade him the motor/trans/wheels off my car. He has a couple of projects he wants to tackle... But I can have the 88 Vette, good deal. But IDK...

2) Buy a 98-02 V6 Firebird/Camaroe, we should be able to get one for $1,500-2,000. Switch over the drivetrain from my car to the V6 F-Body. Easy fix and can have a similar car in a the weekend. Part out the parts I don't need off the cars. But the only thing that worries me about this, is that I will loose some money if I tried to sell this car. It will show up a V6 F-Body, but an LS1 is in there. I think it would be hard to sell and would probably have to sell it for cheap. Unless I find some dump ass to buy it. I am just unsure about this.

3) Part out my car for money. My stepdad may still be interested in the engine/trans/wheels. I know my step grandpa is. To help fund a drivable 2nd gen. I really love the 2nd gens, pretty much a dream car. Well my dream car is tied up between a 2nd gen T/A and a 67 Impala 4-Door with a 327. I don't drive much on average 50 miles a week. So I don't drive far... I drove the most this year, because I loved to drive the T/A, but the last month before the wreck, I put 300 miles on it in a month. So an older car should not be to bad of a daily for me, since I don't do much city driving, mostly highway.

4) Other?

What would you do and why, help me make up my mind.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    Ummm???

I just need help making up my mind. He has good points, but can't make up my mind. I need to make a decision fast though. Need a car to get around, don't really want to drive the Vette, if I do, I don't want to be for a long time.

Red
    99 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28

i posted that because none of your post makes any sense at all? who has a vette?? where is said vette? your t/a will be running but u wanna tear it down??

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ28 View Post
    i posted that because none of your post makes any sense at all? who has a vette?? where is said vette? your t/a will be running but u wanna tear it down??
    Stepdad has the Vette, it's under a tree, in the yard, birds shitting on it. T/A (RIP)...

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122801

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123191

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123526

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

All of them seem like pretty bad options.

1. The vette is in crappy shape

2. Engine swap will be a bitch

3. Parting the car out will be a bitch, and take a long time to get the money from it.

4. My other is just pick up the money from the insurance company for the T/A, and get something new.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

4. other.

Part out the trans am, work your ass off, buy a C5 Z06, or cobra, and in the meantime drive your step dads vette. I would do it.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    All of them seem like pretty bad options.

1. The vette is in crappy shape

2. Engine swap will be a bitch

3. Parting the car out will be a bitch, and take a long time to get the money from it.

4. My other is just pick up the money from the insurance company for the T/A, and get something new.
    The engine swamp should not be hard, should not take long. Well, according to him. We've had the engine in out and out of his 97 T/A more then we can count. So if it truly will be hard, no convincing him other. I pretty much have the money, just need $1,500 more for the 1980 T/A.

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    4. other.

Part out the trans am, work your ass off, buy a C5 Z06, or cobra, and in the meantime drive your step dads vette. I would do it.
    I can't drive the Vette for ever, maybe like 3-4 months at the most. Would take me sometime to get a C5 Zo6, unless I put a nice down payment down.

Dark Steel Metalic
    98 T/A

4. other.

This

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by excrider121 View Post
    This
    Read above... I can't really think of many options. We can't come up with many options, just give your inputs, help me decide, give an idea on something plausible.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Basic coverage...

Option 2... drop out the engine trans on the k and swap the other right in... install the wiring and so on and be done. Whats it matter on value, thats be my last concern. You'd be losing money if you got the vette as it wouldn't bring more either.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

How bout this?

Get up, go to college, buy a 1k beater to drive everyday, get a degree then you can get a good job, after that is done you'll be making good money and you can get whatever car you want! And! you won't be in sitiuations like this because you can go out and get a new car without any hesitation because you'll be making good money! Cool isn't it! Thats another route i'd take if i were you. Actually, i'd probably go out and seriously do that. Like for real. College degrees work wonders when it comes to making money. Good Education=Good Money.

2011 Prius

How bout this?

Get up, go to college, buy a 1k beater to drive everyday, get a degree then you can get a good job, after that is done you'll be making good money and you can get whatever car you want! And! you won't be in sitiuations like this because you can go out and get a new car without any hesitation because you'll be making good money! Cool isn't it! Thats another route i'd take if i were you. Actually, i'd probably go out and seriously do that. Like for real. College degrees work wonders when it comes to making money. Good Education=Good Money.
    College is paid for.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Why would you create a poll nobody can vote in?

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Did I mess that up? How do I fix it?

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    College is paid for.
    Yea, But it's worth it in the end. And i'm sure your stepdad would help you pay for it because, I mean it's school, what guardian or parent doesn't want their kid to be educated.

You put the money you put towards a car and put it into going to a school. It sucks but you'll thank yourself later for going. My dad was the same way as you, hated school, but relalized when you have a good eduaction you make better money. You may not have a nice car for a while but you def. will have the money for one or two when you get out of college and have a good job.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

X2... n00b FTL....

2011 Prius

Yea, But it's worth it in the end. And i'm sure your stepdad would help you pay for it because, I mean it's school, what guardian or parent doesn't want their kid to be educated.

You put the money you put towards a car and put it into going to a school. It sucks but you'll thank yourself later for going. My dad was the same way as you, hated school, but relalized when you have a good eduaction you make better money. You may not have a nice car for a while but you def. will have the money for one or two when you get out of college and have a good job.
    Like, I said, College is paid for. I already took care of that, and am going to be taking Computer Engineering & Networking at Valencia, next year.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

lol this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information