Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What if N. Korea sells nuclear weapons to terrorist?

If it was discovered that North korea is selling or has sold nuclear information/weapons to terrorist organizations, like Osama Bin Laden...

what do you think the United States reaction should be?

BTW, lets keep this thread civil please.

2nd last of the lt1s EVAR 94z28l's Avatar

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

i dont think it should be just the us, i think it should however be more or less the rest of the world, the us arent the only ones who are threatened by terrorist attacks, take a look at the past decade or so

NBM
    '00 Z28

I think the reaction of the US should be to let the UN and NATO figure it out. I'm tired of everyone in the world hating us for being the world's police.

1978 Corvette

Maybe we could ask them to not do that anymore?

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Well, if North Korea sells theirs, they'll need a new one... Maybe we can have the USAF drop one off for them?

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

What does the word "Al-Qaeda" mean ? In Arabic, "Al-Qaeda" has a different meanings, among them “Base", "Ground", "Norm", "Rule", "Fundament", "Grammar". The exact meaning is dependent on the context in which it is used. It depends on the word which follows “Al-Qaeda” in the sentence. "Qawa'ad Askaria" is an Army Base, "Qawa'ad Lugha" stands for Grammar Rules (the Bases of Grammar).
    "Qa'ada" is the infinitive of the verb "to sit". "Ma-Qa'ad" is a chair. "Al-Qaeda" is the base or fundament of something. "Ana raicha Al Qaeda" is colloquial for "I'm going to the toilet". A very common and widespread use of the word “Al-Qaeda” in different Arab countries in the public language is for the toilet bowl. This name comes from the Arabic verb “Qa'ada” which mean “to sit”, pertinently, on the “Toilet Bowl”. In most Arabs homes there are two kinds of toilets: “Al-Qaeda” also called the "Hamam Franji" or foreign toilet, and "Hamam Arabi" or “Arab toilet” which is a hole in the ground. Lest we forget it, the potty used by small children is called "Ma Qa'adia" or "Little Qaeda".
    Those who founded the glorious "International of Islamic Terror, Al-Qaeda, probably knew too little about common use of Arabic language to know that by using this name for their organization, they risked becoming the laughing stock of everybody who speaks the Arabic "public" language.

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post
    What does the word "Al-Qaeda" mean ? In Arabic, "Al-Qaeda" has a different meanings, among them “Base", "Ground", "Norm", "Rule", "Fundament", "Grammar". The exact meaning is dependent on the context in which it is used. It depends on the word which follows “Al-Qaeda” in the sentence. "Qawa'ad Askaria" is an Army Base, "Qawa'ad Lugha" stands for Grammar Rules (the Bases of Grammar).
    "Qa'ada" is the infinitive of the verb "to sit". "Ma-Qa'ad" is a chair. "Al-Qaeda" is the base or fundament of something. "Ana raicha Al Qaeda" is colloquial for "I'm going to the toilet". A very common and widespread use of the word “Al-Qaeda” in different Arab countries in the public language is for the toilet bowl. This name comes from the Arabic verb “Qa'ada” which mean “to sit”, pertinently, on the “Toilet Bowl”. In most Arabs homes there are two kinds of toilets: “Al-Qaeda” also called the "Hamam Franji" or foreign toilet, and "Hamam Arabi" or “Arab toilet” which is a hole in the ground. Lest we forget it, the potty used by small children is called "Ma Qa'adia" or "Little Qaeda".
    Those who founded the glorious "International of Islamic Terror, Al-Qaeda, probably knew too little about common use of Arabic language to know that by using this name for their organization, they risked becoming the laughing stock of everybody who speaks the Arabic "public" language.

....your point?

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

WHEN N. Korea sells to terrorists, it will likely happen under a democratic president. That dem president will offer up an incentive plan for N. Korea in return for a promise not to do that again. Soon after the next republican president gets into the White House we'll get hit and it'll all be that presidents fault.

i say we let s. korea know a week in advance and drop a 200 megaton nuclear bomb on n. korea and meetup in england for some beers.

DisCrete
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKKINU View Post
    If it was discovered that North korea is selling or has sold nuclear information/weapons to terrorist organizations, like Osama Bin Laden...

Very careful... I think decissiveness may actually prove to be a bad tactic.

But, then again.. where do you draw the line between action and no action... before or after the nuke blows up New York... with what 9 mil people... or chicago with 6 mil.. or LA with 9 mil people, or worse yet, Detroit.. with.... hmm... forget detroit bad example.

Maybe we should wait for them to shoot first?

Or

Maybe not?

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1 View Post
    WHEN N. Korea sells to terrorists, it will likely happen under a democratic president. That dem president will offer up an incentive plan for N. Korea in return for a promise not to do that again. Soon after the next republican president gets into the White House we'll get hit and it'll all be that presidents fault.
    You scare me!!! That sounds like a real scenario!!!!!!!!

I say the US would give the UN 24 hours to come up with a response before the US comes with one. And the one from the US would be far more destructive to the world.
    I do not so much fear North Korea selling it to the terrorists, as selling the information to Iran. And then Iran giving a bomb to the terrorists.
    1967 Camaro - 2010 Camaro - Life is good to me!

DisCrete
    Quote Originally Posted by joerockhead View Post
    You scare me!!! That sounds like a real scenario!!!!!!!!

I say the US would give the UN 24 hours to come up with a response before the US comes with one. And the one from the US would be far more destructive to the world.
    I do not so much fear North Korea selling it to the terrorists, as selling the information to Iran. And then Iran giving a bomb to the terrorists.
    I repeat my previous post...

Wait for them to shoot first?

Then again, maybe we shouldn't?

I find it offensive so many people forget what losses that go with terrorism... and it's amazing to me to see so many americans... suddenly forget the "war on terrorism." But ironically, Sept 11th 2001 everyone was gun-ho about it...

How easily we forgive and forget..

Unlike most... in my oppinion misguided americans... I can forgive, but I never forget.

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOKKINU View Post

Hot,decintigrated,smokey,smouldering,ashey,charred ,bbq'd,not to mention depopulated...I sure hope that never happens.....

Black
    1999 Trans am

Anyone else got the feeling World War 3 is coming?

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthawk LS1 View Post
    just slightly

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60 View Post
    I think the reaction of the US should be to let the UN and NATO figure it out. I'm tired of everyone in the world hating us for being the world's police.
    I know what you mean. The problem is the UN and other countries are somewhat inadequate dealing with situations like this. Look at how the UN dealt with Iraq. IF the security council at least acted a little more perhaps Bush wouldn't have invaded. We have to admit, the UN is pathetic at times. So many resolutions broken. What did it amount to, stronger wording by Kofi Annan but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthawk LS1 View Post
    When I see jerkoffs like Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong making threats and ignoring the UN, then yeah, can feel it coming too.

purple pearl metalic
    1994 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by apache View Post
    When I see jerkoffs like Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong making threats and ignoring the UN, then yeah, can feel it coming too.
    i dunno if you could consider us bombing the ever loving shit out of them a war but yeah lol

green
    95 firebird

The situation is just sad. Obviously NK will not fire a nuclear weapon directly. The threat is selling information and weapons to terrorist groups. Well, what then? Who do you fight? I'm sure if we could trace the info back to NK, I suppose you could have an easy enough time to muster up a world coalition. I don't think the US going it alone would be an option, or at least not a good one. Can't fight a ground war against NK by ourselves right now, and killing all of NK with nuclear weapons has ramifications...and not all of them positive. Its tricky.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information