1966 Corvette Coupe

What I HATE about AT&T U-Verse

I just got uverse and im not really that impressed...

1. They claim you can do 4 things at once... Such as watch one show and record 3... This it kinda true, but that is per household (I assume its more per modem, but one household will likely not have 2 modems)... So if there are 3 TVs on in the house you can actually only record 1 thing (3 live streams and 1 record is 4 things... per house)

2. If you setup a favorite guide it doesnt become your default... you have to do menu + favorite to get to it... EVERY TIME!!!

3. getting recordings for series set up is kinda shitty... it seems it will only recognize a show across 1 channel... and if an episode of that show is not going to come on the channel new shows come on you cant set up a series record that will catch the new shows on that channel...

4. you cant record tv that is not live... Like if you are watching southpark... and you pause to get a beer... and you spill it... and 45 minutes later you come back, but you decide that you will watch it tommorrow... so you hit record... it will tell you "previously recorded shows cannot be recorded"... so if you want to see it you have to watch it then...

5. you cant pause live tv on any of the boxes other than the main box... not really that big of a deal... and you can just hit record and then pause if you really want to do it... I just dont understand y the software doenst allow you to do it...

6. I have just randomly recorded tv shows... I have no idea what told them to do it, but they are there...

7. it doesnt record "background" channels... Example... when you turn it on... if there is a show on that you would like to watch you cant record it (satellite will) or if you are watching recorded TV when you exit back to live tv you cant rewind the live tv that was being streamed in at the time you were watching the recorded TV....

-me
    Last edited by predator; 01-27-2010 at 06:58 PM.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Why does it take you 45 minutes to clean up a beer spill?

1966 Corvette Coupe

I havent had alot of experience licking beer off the floor... I had to kinda perfect my technique as i went...

-me

WTF i just got this setup DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMnit, im going to check into all this stuff you have said i havnt realy messed with it yet

1966 Corvette Coupe

if you find out other wise... let me know... some of this is a real pain in my ass...

-me

#5 is true and the only thing you can do is rec. you cant do anything as in rew/ff/play/stop/pause, only with the main box you can do that stuff

#6 IDK i dont have that problem, it only rec. what i pick soooooooo you mite need to call them up and talk with then maybe you need a new main box or somthing

im still looking into other thing i will post up as i fine out

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

So what I'm getting from this is, that you are spoiled by technology...

I'm only 24, and I can remember being satisfied by standard cable. And then thinking the couple hundred of digi cable was awesome, and then TiVo was the shit.

So, you're pissed because you can't record every episode of house playing on every different channel at the same time without selecting it more than once, or that it won't record something thats already finished being aired.

You are gonna have to excuse me while I laugh to myself about your "misfortune".

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post

I'm only 24, and I can remember being satisfied by standard cable. And then thinking the couple hundred of digi cable was awesome, and then TiVo was the shit.

So, you're pissed because you can't record every episode of house playing on every different channel at the same time without selecting it more than once, or that it won't record something thats already finished being aired.

You are gonna have to excuse me while I laugh to myself about your "misfortune".
    Honestly this is what I was thinking after reading this thread. After reading it, I looked over my shoulder at my 16-year-old, 20-inch Hitachi tube TV, the one my parents first got after moving to America, and then at my $3.99 radioshack universal remote with the broken up-channel button, and I couldn't find one thing about it that disappointed me. Maybe I'm a simple guy but there's nothing on TV I find to be interesting enough to plan to watch in advance. I just turn it on, find something I like and watch.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Cry me a river.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I mean I'm all about nifty electronics and all. I'm not one to buy an iPhone or the latests doohickey whatever, but I still think they're cool.

And if this is a case of the device working in a different manner than was advertised, I would understand.

But a lot of it seems like stuff one would find out from normal research done before purchasing a product.

Black
    99 Z-28

It's better than time Warner.

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post

I am pissed because im not completely satisfied with a product... Its a product that alot of people might be considering purchasing... so i thought would share my experience...

BTW

All my bitches are purely software... (well not the 4 tv's thing but that is more of something i just feel they kinda dance around when giving out info)

It just seems like piss poor product development...

also...

3. is much easier on direct TV...
    4. is a non issue on direct...
    7. is a non issue on direct...

-me

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    I am pissed because im not completely satisfied with a product... Its a product that alot of people might be considering purchasing... so i thought would share my experience...

BTW

All my bitches are purely software... (well not the 4 tv's thing but that is more of something i just feel they kinda dance around when giving out info)

It just seems like piss poor product development...

also...

3. is much easier on direct TV...
    4. is a non issue on direct...
    7. is a non issue on direct...

-me
    yep i have to agree the direct TV box/setup is the best i have seen so far BUT with that being said i still hate anything with a dish lol

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

we record mutiple things at the same time and watch in separte rooms.........i have 3 tv's hooked up to it

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Yeah, I am never leaving satellite. I love it too much. When they started the free dvr promotion with new customers I called and threatened to switch companies if I didn't get one, GOT ONE for free! Satellite companies rule.

white
    2001 trans am

i had att uverse at my old place and loved it. the internet is the fastest iv ever personally been on. There is no 3 sec lag when changing chanels. and u can watch shows recorded in the living room, in the bedroom. and i never dropped internet, ever ,for the year and a half i had it. (not so with road runner) I got direct tv and road runner at my new place only because they didnt offer uverse, and i cant stand time warner cable!

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

My Brothers cable is fiber optic, every time he changes a channel it is like waiting for a web page to load. SOOOOOOOOOO annoying.

Thread Information