Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Black
    2001 Ws6

Question what is a good gun to own???

Hey all so I got 5 more weeks till I move from Brooklyn NY to ATL GA and can’t wait for a fresh start....so I was wondering what type of gun should I get I always loved the .50 Desert Eagle but I am hearing it overkill and not very accurate but tons of stopping power. So the next on my list is a 9mm Beretta. It is more accurate than the eagle but I was wondering what you guy’s have and what would be a good gun for me I am 5'10 235lbs I like to lift weights. So please hit me up maybe there is something better in the middle somewhere for me….thanks

on a sdie note why can't i add smilies to any of my postings I always get the two dot's with a line and stuff never the little yellow bastards....

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Glock Model 23 - .40 caliber. Good all around gun - not too large, easy to clean, makes nice size holes in stuff.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Xd 45.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

taurus judge.shoots .45 rounds and 410 shotgun shells.just a 6 shot revolver but a hell of a home defense weapon.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

12 gauge pump too. and a .270 remington rifle if you want to reach out and touch someone or take up deer hunting. and by the it is hot as crap down here in the summer...you have been warned.

Red
    98 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Xd 45.
    Bought mine two weeks ago and I love it

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

I just got a duo tone Taurus 1911 .45 a few weeks back. I had a Smith Sigma .40 and hated it. I love the 1911!!

Black
    2001 Ws6

so nice smooth kick back on both the glock and xd 45? i heard it was hot as fuck down there it's going 2 be a interesting summer but i used 2 work for delta from 1999 to 2006 and i wolud fly down a lot so a case of cold beer in the back of my golf cart and hope 2 be alright. so i will google these gun's anymore good one's plz feel drop a line

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

yeah,i live south of montgomery,al,it was 98 with a heat index of 107.i was outside helping build a deck.lots of water and breaks.and i'm a real redneck now!!! what would be the use of the gun?hunting,home protection,personal protection?
    Last edited by 02transamce; 06-20-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Black
    2001 Ws6

this is for home and walking around town i was think also of a nice shotgun just for home and something the MISS's would feel safe behind if i am out of town or something i saw both the xd45 and turus 1911 i liked them both but how is the kick back ?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Beretta 92 FS.(military version is P9) I love this gun, very accurate. Offical sidearm of the U.S military. Support our troops not the bureaucrats.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Xd 45.
    Another vote for the XD45. Love mine but I recommend 40cal instead as the ammo is much easier to find.

Also can't go wrong with a 357 magnum. 357s also shoot 38s which are cheaper and easier on your hands. I also have a 12 gauge Mossberg, wicked cool and much easier on the wallet than a good pistol.

Red
    1996 Trans Am

Are you wanting to Carry?
    I believe most states only allow .45 and lower for carry. Either way I would think a .50 Desert Eagle is way to big to carry anyway. I shot a Baby Eagle and did not care much for it.
    I mostly like XD's the new XDM's and Glock's.
    I shot a hundred rounds through the Baretta PX4Storm and liked the feel of it and shoots very well.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by War Theory View Post
    this is for home and walking around town i was think also of a nice shotgun just for home and something the MISS's would feel safe behind if i am out of town or something i saw both the xd45 and turus 1911 i liked them both but how is the kick back ?
    Recoil on the 45XD isn't bad at all, not much more than my 9mm. A woman may feel otherwise. Most girls that have tried to shoot my guns take one shot then hand them back. The shotgun is another story. I don't think your miss's would like firing 00buck at all. Last time I put 20 rounds the ole Mossy my shoulder was bruised up for a week. You could use bird shot ut won't be as effective.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Glock Model 23 - .40 caliber. Good all around gun - not too large, easy to clean, makes nice size holes in stuff.
    +1 I have this one too.

I personally do not recommend anything that doesn't have a 4 in the caliber. 9's are good starter pistols but suck at stopping power.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

All depeneds on what your really wanting to use it for. The .44/.50 Desert Eagles are great guns. It is not that there are not accurate. It just takes alot to bring the guns back on target after a round down range. If your looking for home defense a shotgun is the choice IMO. I have a .45 XD and .45 1911. I really enjoy the XD. But IMO nothing can beat the good old 1911 and there are a ton of mods out there for it. I also havr a Ruger SP101 .357 mag.. With magnum rounds in it nothing is getting backup.

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

The Taurus 24/7 is a good line if you like the Glocks and XDs.

Whatever you get, practice as much as you can.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Kick on the Model 23 is not bad at all IMO. I can hold it semi-on target and just blast through a clip for grins. I like the size and feel of the Model 23. I don't have large hands (no jokes please) -- and it fits, has good balance, and can be carried concealed in the right rig.

The only other pistol I own is an S&W Sigma .380. This is a perfect carry gun -- I can even slip it in my front pocket, although I prefer a small clip holster at the small of my back. Not much power, not many rounds, and I don't like the takedown procedure, but it is not a bad little gun.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    +1 I have this one too.

I personally do not recommend anything that doesn't have a 4 in the caliber. 9's are good starter pistols but suck at stopping power.
    A head shot will stop most anything, especially if it's a hollow point....

Red
    1999 Pontiac GTP

Quote Originally Posted by War Theory View Post
    My 1911 felt pretty good, not too much kick back.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information