what do you guys think this job would pay?

Latest equipment looking for an Automotive Technician. We offer a competitive wage scale with Life and Health insurance, 401k retirement program, paid vacation, 5 day work week and paid training.

Work environment is comfortable and stress free. We are a GM and Chrysler franchised dealer.

Contact us by phone

** i drive 100+ miles to another state to work and i make less than 30k/yr. This particular job is a GM/Chrysler dealership in a fairly small rural town with not a whole lot of job opportunities. I did call and the gen. manager knows my dad real well so i dont think id have a problem getting the job but when i asked the salary he said they work off commission which kind of makes me leary about it. They do offer paid training and seems to be many more opportunities for advancement compared to my current job. He said the ideal candidate would be young and willing to learn to help them catch up on some of their computer diagnostics.Just thought some of you guys might work in the same field and may have some ideas if this is something i should try and pursue. I know its hard to say but just a guess would be nice, i plan on at least going up there and speaking to him in person this week.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

It could be cut throat bro! Just check it out, and it doesn't hurt. It might be a small dealership, but they could be a buisy in back. Good luck keep us posted.

i think ill come in a little late in the morning and go talk to them. im so tired of driving so far to work man but didnt think about being cut throat where the techs are fighting each other for work. might not be that way though.they must be short handed b/c he said he is backed up and they are always busy in that shop when i ride by there. we'll see what happens

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by whitelightnin99 View Post
    i think ill come in a little late in the morning and go talk to them. im so tired of driving so far to work man but didnt think about being cut throat where the techs are fighting each other for work. might not be that way though.they must be short handed b/c he said he is backed up and they are always busy in that shop when i ride by there. we'll see what happens
    Doesn't hurt to check it out. I faith in you..

Thread Information