Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

What to do with my car?

Ok so I need to get rid of my car as i no longer have a job and started going back to school. I've had it for sale localy and put up posters around my school and have had a few calls on it but most get scared off by the cars rebuilt title. The car runs and drives good, and runs a 13.37@106 with just a lid and slp cat back. I would put it up on this site but there are some things wrong with the car such as body panels not lineing up, not sure why i think it is from crappy body work. the car only has 39,600 mi on it. I guess i'm just asking for a little advise on what to do with it, i need to at least get the money i still owe on the car so i can't set my price too low. Any help would be great thanks.

White
    '10 ZR1

Well, how much do you owe on it?

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Well, how much do you owe on it?
    around 8,100 i think, i'll have to check with my bank tomorrow

White
    '10 ZR1

rebuilt titles make it tough.......do you know what it books for? retail? private party? trade in?

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

you won't get 8,100 for it. you're going to have to take a big loss if you wanna sell it
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    rebuilt titles make it tough.......do you know what it books for? retail? private party? trade in?
    i checked blue book on it in april and it was 12,500 private and 10,000 trade in, retail was 12,900. i use fair? condition i think

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    i checked blue book on it in april and it was 12,500 private and 10,000 trade in, retail was 12,900. i use fair? condition i think
    I'm kind of with Magic on this one..........if you owe $8,100 for it.....and can get $8,100 or more, you'd be way ahead of the game.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    you won't get 8,100 for it. you're going to have to take a big loss if you wanna sell it
    thats what i'm afraid of, i don't have the money to to take a hit right now. so far the best option i can think of is selling my truck thats paid off and then try to trade in the car to a dealership

White
    '10 ZR1

thats what i'm afraid of, i don't have the money to to take a hit right now. so far the best option i can think of is selling my truck thats paid off and then try to trade in the car to a dealership
    You're still better off selling the car privately than trading it in..........even if it takes longer.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

you will take more of a loss on trade-in. try ebay for the car & just emphasize the low miles & other positive stuff, but make sure you tell people it has a R title.

Black
    99 SS

ill give you 6.5k for it

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    you will take more of a loss on trade-in. try ebay for the car & just emphasize the low miles & other positive stuff, but make sure you tell people it has a R title.
    yeah i'm not about to lie to anyone about it, thats not the way to do buisness, the thing about the dealers is that a few of them in the area have promotions to pay off whatever you owe on your trade, but i think i'll still end up screwed some how. ebay scares me, but it may be the way to go

Black
    99 SS

good luck with the sale man, it might just be worth it to cut back on other things in your life and just keep the car

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    ill give you 6.5k for it
    haha, I really can't take that much of a loss, not paying for a car i don't have

black black black
    77 swb

Hate to be negative and I want to say that I haven't worked on one of these cars but poorly fitting body panels are not a good sign.

Have you had a wheel alignment done? If you have and it is good that is a good start.

It is just that on most chebbys it is pretty easy to get the panels to fit if the structure is just close to in spec.

If you don't know about the work done to the car it might be worth it to have it looked at by a professional just so you know what you are dealing with.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

good luck with the sale man, it might just be worth it to cut back on other things in your life and just keep the car
    thats the problem, i have the car and school, don't go out much with not haveing a job right now. wish i had somthing to cut back on.hopefully i get the summer work i applied for and not have to worry about it for awhile

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Quote Originally Posted by bodyman5000 View Post
    Hate to be negative and I want to say that I haven't worked on one of these cars but poorly fitting body panels are not a good sign.

Have you had a wheel alignment done? If you have and it is good that is a good start.

It is just that on most chebbys it is pretty easy to get the panels to fit if the structure is just close to in spec.

If you don't know about the work done to the car it might be worth it to have it looked at by a professional just so you know what you are dealing with.
    I'm going to see about an alignment tomorrow

white
    99 Trans am

most dealers don't want to deal with an R title car and the ones that do will only wholesale it off there lot. you'd be lucky to get $5K from a dealer on trade. If you can get close to the payoff amount selling yourself, take it. it might be worth rolling a few hundred into another loan just to get rid of it. especially if it has body panel alignment issues.

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 Trans Am

ill give you 6.5k for it
    I would take that price if I were you lol. 8k for a R title car isnt going to happen. hate to say it lol

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

well the car got sold today, ended up getting 6,900 cash for it. the guy that bought it was a stang guy and just sold his bike and really liked the car, I'm happy for him cause its a good driver and runner and he got of stangs haha. but i'm also a little sad that its gone now, o well time to get rid of the truck and look for WS6

Thread Information