Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What can I do? Who knows Georgia Laws?

Hey everyone, for those of you who don't know my current situation last year I wrecked my car in April and ran into about $3,000 in legal bills for blowing under the legal limit in Georgia for a court case that is still pending review, nothing has happened and I got screwed on bond since I was out of state and then there's attorney fees. Anyway I was too broke to ship my car up and it was sitting at a wrecker's place Big D knows and neither of us knew it was any kind of a problem. Scott the wrecker called up a junk yard and told them the car was abandoned and the guy got a Bonded title out of it. Long Story Short My title still has power over his and I had arranged to get the car picked up last Friday and shipped into storage up here until I can part it out and swap it over to a shell.

Well... I'm not suprised here but I've got some more bad news. The car was scheduled for a pickup in GA on Friday. Rodney the junk yard owner would not release the car until fees had been taken care of. He said the original amount for storage was 5800 plus 100 in towing fees but they cut that down to 4000. I've yet to get the bill faxed or mailed to me, and I do not intend to pay it. at $20 a day the original amount of 5800 puts the
    car on his property sometime last June, and I know it was still ok in
    September from an e-mail I found and I know I checked on it since then. It wasn't "bonded titled" until January 27th 2007 so I don't know where he's pulling these numbers from. It sounds like they're basically pissed they didn't get away with a free car and are trying to get something out of it.

Scott, the wrecker who called up this junkyard and said hey get this
    abandoned car out of here without trying to contact me or Big D who lives down there should be responsible for any fees. Rodney
    won't negotiate and says he's running a business ect...

Any Ideas?

Mad

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Jeez Mad. Unbelievable. What ever the cost of a plane ticket to go there and beat the ever lovin crap out of that guy is the best fix on that deal. Maybe you'll have to look into sueing this guy. Sadly it doesn't look like you have much help from the state of georgia on this other than start calling the district attorney or a high government official about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    Jeez Mad. Unbelievable. What ever the cost of a plane ticket to go there and beat the ever lovin crap out of that guy is the best fix on that deal. Maybe you'll have to look into sueing this guy. Sadly it doesn't look like you have much help from the state of georgia on this other than start calling the district attorney or a high government official about it.
    if i start poking my nose around their office they might be reminded of something they haven't attended to yet, this sucks. if it goes 2 years they have to drop the case against me

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

have a toe truck come in the night and take it... Fuck that guy...

or you can do this... have dave go in with the title and say i'm here for the hawk... guy says it can't be released then dave says to fucking bad for oyu buddy you quarles are with the previous owner. now you can either release the car to me right now... or i call the cops and have you arrested for attempted theft...

then have dave get it to you...

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason View Post
    if i start poking my nose around their office they might be reminded of something they haven't attended to yet, this sucks. if it goes 2 years they have to drop the case against me
    I guess you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Back to my first suggestion..... beat the hell out of the guy.

BLOWN, STROKED and SHOOTIN’ METH

2001 Camaro Z28 A4
    Mods:
    Forged 383 | P&P 317 heads | ATI Procharger P1SC | 60# Injectors | Lonnies twin fuel pump | SDCE Tensioner | Alkycontrol Meth
    Vig 3200 multi disk | ACPT c/f driveshaft | Strange 12 bolt w/3.73 gears

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    have a toe truck come in the night and take it... Fuck that guy...

or you can do this... have dave go in with the title and say i'm here for the hawk... guy says it can't be released then dave says to fucking bad for oyu buddy you quarles are with the previous owner. now you can either release the car to me right now... or i call the cops and have you arrested for attempted theft...

then have dave get it to you...

That crazy plan might just work. You sound like you're speaking from experience Spaz.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

That crazy plan might just work. You sound like you're speaking from experience Spaz.
    had to do it for a friend... it worked well... for the most part...

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    had to do it for a friend... it worked well... for the most part...
    So what happened with the "other" part?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

prolly, wire cutting a hole in the fence big enough to get the tow truck through...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

MAD, I still wish you the very best in regards to your situation...

However, I am curious, how come you have not had the right to a fair and speedy trial as laid out in our constitutional rights?

I mean I have no doubt that it's been well past 45 days since you entered your plea...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    prolly, wire cutting a hole in the fence big enough to get the tow truck through...

Quote Originally Posted by MadSeason View Post
    Hey everyone, for those of you who don't know my current situation last year I wrecked my car in April and ran into about $3,000 in legal bills for blowing under the legal limit in Georgia for a court case that is still pending review, nothing has happened and I got screwed on bond since I was out of state and then there's attorney fees. Anyway I was too broke to ship my car up and it was sitting at a wrecker's place Big D knows and neither of us knew it was any kind of a problem. Scott the wrecker called up a junk yard and told them the car was abandoned and the guy got a Bonded title out of it. Long Story Short My title still has power over his and I had arranged to get the car picked up last Friday and shipped into storage up here until I can part it out and swap it over to a shell.

Well... I'm not suprised here but I've got some more bad news. The car was scheduled for a pickup in GA on Friday. Rodney the junk yard owner would not release the car until fees had been taken care of. He said the original amount for storage was 5800 plus 100 in towing fees but they cut that down to 4000. I've yet to get the bill faxed or mailed to me, and I do not intend to pay it. at $20 a day the original amount of 5800 puts the
    car on his property sometime last June, and I know it was still ok in
    September from an e-mail I found and I know I checked on it since then. It wasn't "bonded titled" until January 27th 2007 so I don't know where he's pulling these numbers from. It sounds like they're basically pissed they didn't get away with a free car and are trying to get something out of it.

Scott, the wrecker who called up this junkyard and said hey get this
    abandoned car out of here without trying to contact me or Big D who lives down there should be responsible for any fees. Rodney
    won't negotiate and says he's running a business ect...

Any Ideas?

Mad
    Man, I was wiating to hear the final word on this. I remember you coming back from the trip and having the "car" World crashing around you.

So in your pending case, did you, or can you, sue for bail? How much was bail? Spaz's idea sounds like the best one your gonna get on this. Unless of course, it has something to do with cutting a giant hole in the fence.

Really sorry to hear your going through this. Best of luck man.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate ordeal and really don't know what to suggest for you, just wish you good luck with it

black
    1998 pontiac trans am

i can help Big D cut the hole in the fence. i live in georgia too.

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    MAD, I still wish you the very best in regards to your situation...

However, I am curious, how come you have not had the right to a fair and speedy trial as laid out in our constitutional rights?

I mean I have no doubt that it's been well past 45 days since you entered your plea...
    bail was 836 because i had someone pay the fine, bond was set at 2000 +100 for some out of state crap, no one would take an out of state person for 210 thinking id skip town, so they all wanted 2100. 13 hours in they said you can get out for 836 and i had to be at work in indy the next day so i took it and fled atlanta.

and guys i know you're being funny and trying to help saying bust the car out ect ect, its mine anyway i can't steal it... but that's vandalism and breaking someone elses property no matter how much of a BIG BIG BIG Fn DICK they may be. I don't need it posted on the web and god forbid something happens this is a public forum and cops don't like jokes, just doughnuts

the cliff notes... im still where i was last year at this time with the courts and car but now someone wants 4k for me to get my ride back

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

toe truck

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

maybe a really dumb idea...but move there and create a case against everyone?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I live in georgia. You can just drive my car into the fence. It'll help the both of us out.

blue
    83 mustang 347

so why were you taken to jail for blowing under the legal limit?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

well... the dumb ass ended up getting it reposesed when he stopped making mortgage payments...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information