Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    98 WS6

West Point graduate shot by LVPD

tell me what you think
    http://www.8newsnow.com/global/story.asp?s=12785291

make sure to read the comments like this one:
    My wife and I were 7 or 8 feet away from the shooting as were the police. We were to the suspects immediate right. We heard and saw the 3 police officers shouting to the man in question to 'get on your knees' several times. At that point the man appeared somewhat stunned by the commotion and shouting of the police. His Right arm went up in a defenseless position and it appeared his left arm appeared to be going up but there was NO gun in his hand. He was taserd and shot at the same time. At no time did the man in question ever raise his voice, shout an obscenity or become confrontational with the police. We saw the disabled man stooping to his right facing us with what appeared to be a bullet wound in his upper chest with blood coming from the wound and immediately his eyes became glossy as he began to convulse. At this point he was no threat to anyone, both hands were in full view of us and there was no gun. As he was down, the police continued to shout 'put the gun down' several times...but there was no gun in his hand as we had full vantage point view. The injured man was having agonal respirations, he was down when the second volly of bullets rang out. There was no doubt in question that following the second barrage of bullets the man was dead. His girlfriend was to the back side of us and began to scream.....why did you kill him, he is a military man with a license to carry a concealed weapon. You didn't need to kill him....you didn't need to kill him.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDwnq5bt5Jk[/ame]

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

I think it doesn't matter if he were a West Point grad, or a bum off the street, a man lost his life & the real story probably hasn't been told.

black
    98 WS6

2 more links:

Officer Involved in Costco Shooting Involved in 2006 Shooting - KLAS-TV Channel 8 News Las Vegas
    Mosher has been with Metro for five years.............This isn't the first time Officer Mosher has been involved in a shooting. In April of 2006, Officer Mosher and Officer John Wiggins shot and killed Aaron Jones. According to police, Jones rammed his car into Wiggins while trying to escape arrest. Jones died at the scene.
    Lawyer: Man slain by Vegas police had gun permit | NevadaAppeal.com
    Cross-examination of witnesses is not allowed during coroner's inquests of fatal shootings involving Las Vegas police.

Prosecutors make a presentation to a seven-person coroner's jury that decides if the use of lethal force was justified, excusable or criminal. Critics say only one officer has been found to have acted improperly since 1976.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I'm generally fairly liberal on gun control issues. But even I know that with the large number of legal gun owners out there that have conceal carry permits, cops simply cannot react like this because a person is seen to have a gun on them. I imagine I pass people all the time that legally have guns on their person.

If there are multiple officers it's easy enough to approach the suspect without gun drawn while other officers watch/cover and ask if he has a permit. Part of this is the training for sure, to draw your weapon and yell 'get down get down' and all that. If nothing else, that surely gets a cop's fear/adrenaline running way higher than normal...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    I think it doesn't matter if he were a West Point grad, or a bum off the street, a man lost his life & the real story probably hasn't been told.

exactly

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

They do make a vague statement about another weapon being found on him. If it's a second gun, that's significant. If it's like a pocket knife or something, that's irrelevent. But yeah there may be more to the story...

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

They didnt have to do anything they did, im pretty sure they could have talked to him and not shot him. He got shot for ripping apart boxes or cereal thats just stupid. I doubt he ever touched his gun and they pulled it out and threw it on the floor and said he used it. From the news story alone i can tell you what they did was wrong.

Btw anyone notice the vette at 31 secs....

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    They didnt have to do anything they did, im pretty sure they could have talked to him and not shot him. He got shot for ripping apart boxes or cereal thats just stupid. I doubt he ever touched his gun and they pulled it out and threw it on the floor and said he used it. From the news story alone i can tell you what they did was wrong.

Btw anyone notice the vette at 31 secs....
    he was seen checking the sizes of the water bottles and if they fit in his backpack when he was approached by a costco employee - per one witness

Red
    1999 Trans Am

How is that any reason to call the cops or shoot him, i worked in a grocery store for 7 years, no one would have cared.

black
    98 WS6

How is that any reason to call the cops or shoot him, i worked in a grocery store for 7 years, no one would have cared.
    apparently, costco employee saw a gun, called his supervisor, called the police
    IIRC costco has no weapon policy

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Then someone should have just walked up and told him and asked him to leave the store, most stores never even post said policy anywhere for someone to read. Theres no reason to shoot someone "Just in case"

01 modded gtp

Dumbass pigs

white
    2000 Z28

shocker. thats metro for you. shoot first ask questions later is there motto. that is how its been for easily the past 5 years or so. hell ive been pulled over and interrogated with 3 cars surrounding mine with all other cops that didnt come to my windows standing behind there doors like a shield. 6 cops ready for business for nothing. 84 regal at the time. clunker. nothing going on but accused of being in a gang, having weapon/drugs. no reason given for being pulled over. was 16 at the time. only one in the car

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

What a f'n mess.

According to the numerous witnesses that have a completely different story than what the police say. They say 3 cops were giving 3 different commands according to witnesses. No wonder this guy got waxed. 1 cop tells him to drop his weapon which was in his waist band and as he reaches to remove the weapon to place it on the ground like instructed which never left the holster, the other cops get spooked and open fire. Either someone gave an unclear command, the wrong command or neither of those officers knew who was in charge.

I am all for law enforcement being i have done that job and know what it takes. However is it just me or what in the fuck is going on with these cops these days just fucking shooting people? Lets see off the top of my head, last month one cop in the midwest gets convicted of shooting an unarmed motorcyclist at a traffic stop and paralyzing the guy, another shoots and kills a former Marine at a night club with 13 rounds all for grabbing a girls ass and this incident.

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98Hardtop View Post
    What a f'n mess.

According to the numerous witnesses that have a completely different story than what the police say. They say 3 cops were giving 3 different commands according to witnesses. No wonder this guy got waxed. 1 cop tells him to drop his weapon which was in his waist band and as he reaches to remove the weapon to place it on the ground like instructed which never left the holster, the other cops get spooked and open fire. Either someone gave an unclear command, the wrong command or neither of those officers knew who was in charge.

I am all for law enforcement being i have done that job and know what it takes. However is it just me or what in the fuck is going on with these cops these days just fucking shooting people? Lets see off the top of my head, last month one cop in the midwest gets convicted of shooting an unarmed motorcyclist at a traffic stop and paralyzing the guy, another shoots and kills a former Marine at a night club with 13 rounds all for grabbing a girls ass and this incident.
    at least half a dozen incidents with cops and guns here in vegas where they were questionable shootings by lv metro pd in the past 3-4 years. 3 situations where guns should not have been drawn in the first place.

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 98Hardtop View Post
    What a f'n mess.

just a few days ago BART cop got convicted for "executing" a guy

black
    98 WS6

black
    98 WS6

technical difficulties with viewing the video
    http://www.8newsnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=12816105

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Then someone should have just walked up and told him and asked him to leave the store, most stores never even post said policy anywhere for someone to read. Theres no reason to shoot someone "Just in case"
    Do you people ever listen or read all of what is said? An employee told him he can't have the gun in the store. He ignored it. They called the cops.
    Permit or not. If a store has a no firearm policy you must leave your gun behind.

Awaiting Activation

Quote Originally Posted by Kup98ss View Post
    Do you people ever listen or read all of what is said? An employee told him he can't have the gun in the store. He ignored it. They called the cops.
    Permit or not. If a store has a no firearm policy you must leave your gun behind.
    Untrue....if the proper signage prohibitting carrying of a firearm is not in place and visible the store can't do dick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information