black
    98 WS6

Cool Wesley Snipes and taxes

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- Movie actor Wesley Snipes was indicted Tuesday on eight counts of tax fraud accusing him of bilking $12 million from the government in false refund claims."

"Snipes faces a maximum of 16 years in prison.
    Snipes, who had a home in Windermere, Florida, has not been arrested because authorities don't know where he is, the IRS said."

Source:
    http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi...s.indicted.ap/

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

http://www.quatlosers.com/eddie_kahn.htm

Eddie Kahn of “American Rights Litigators” represents the Hee-Haw contingent of the tax protestor movement. “Without any doubt, the most stupid of all the ‘professional’ tax protesters. Mr. Kahn's ‘arguments’ are so utterly juvenile and worthless as to barely worth the space I am using to type this sentence.”

Eddie caters to the dumbest of the dumb, and his theories for not paying taxes are thus the dumbest of the dumb.
    People believe what they want to believe so it is not at all surprising that someone would fall for this, especially since some people are just not as bright as others.

Just a word of advise for the members here, if someone wants to charge you based of a commission or contingency to prepare your tax return find someone else to do it.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that's lame, he has a great defense case: "i ain't been in a movie in over 2 years, so how was I supposed to pay tax on money I didn't earn?!"

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    that's lame, he has a great defense case: "i ain't been in a movie in over 2 years, so how was I supposed to pay tax on money I didn't earn?!"
    What exactly do you find lame? Is it lame that Wesley Snipes was so stupid as to think he was going to get away with it? Or is it lame that the US Dept of Justice is going after someone that was trying to defraud the government?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    What exactly do you find lame? Is it lame that Wesley Snipes was so stupid as to think he was going to get away with it? Or is it lame that the US Dept of Justice is going after someone that was trying to defraud the government?
    I think he meant that it was lame to try to convict him because he had a great defense...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

dude, lighten up, it was a joke! think about it, the guy has no career and they're billin' him, that's pretty funny!

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

dude, lighten up, it was a joke!
    didn't mean to call you out, was just asking a question. I happen to agree that Wesley Snipes is lame.

Thats racist! THATS SO DAMN RACIST!

I cannot wait to see the protesters and the typical leader screaming about our corrupt govt going after a rich black man

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    http://www.quatlosers.com/eddie_kahn.htm

People believe what they want to believe so it is not at all surprising that someone would fall for this, especially since some people are just not as bright as others.

Just a word of advise for the members here, if someone wants to charge you based of a commission or contingency to prepare your tax return find someone else to do it.
    My buddy was preaching about something like this saying you do not have to pay taxes at all its just a scam. I wanted to smack him so bad asking him why he still payed his taxes. He gave me the "They are not taking enough for me to care yet"

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus View Post
    My buddy was preaching about something like this saying you do not have to pay taxes at all its just a scam. I wanted to smack him so bad asking him why he still payed his taxes. He gave me the "They are not taking enough for me to care yet"
    I heard them all when I worked for the US Treasury Dept. What I was never able to determine is if they really believe that nonsense or was it just wishful thinking.

DisCrete
    That's funny, my mom has an IRS lean on her house for $62,000.

For taxes which she already paid... fortunately, the acountant found a supreme court case which declared the IRS has no right to tax any money if it was acquired via descrimination.

The money in question that the IRS is taxing my mom.. was the result of a law suite my dad won 7+ years ago, when he was terminated from his company for age descrimination.

We might be able to get back in excess of $90,000 as a result... in which case the IRS owe's us money... god won't that feel good to fuck uncle sam over at least once.

DisCrete
    And, yes I heard this also, that it is infact unconstitutional for us to pay taxes... However, I know a few people who went to court about it.. and No longer pay taxes as a result... They also told me... it was EXTREMELY expensive to take something like this to court.

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Thats racist! THATS SO DAMN RACIST!

I cannot wait to see the protesters and the typical leader screaming about our corrupt govt going after a rich black man
    Here you go..

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by DisCrete View Post
    For taxes which she already paid... fortunately, the acountant found a supreme court case which declared the IRS has no right to tax any money if it was acquired via descrimination.
    The only damages that can be excluded from income are those that are on account of personal physical injuries or physical sickness. If the amount your father won was for lost wages, then it is taxable. If the amount your father won was punitive damages, then it is taxable.

There is a case now that is being decided on by the supreme court where a woman was the victim of discrimination, that stress caused her to get sick (physical sickness). She won a lawsuit and claimed that the award was not taxable. The IRS disagreed and so did the tax court. The Court of Appeals overturned it say that is way not taxable, but the thinking in the industry is that the supreme court will overrule it since the discrimination did not cause a physical injury, but emotional distress which will make it taxable.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by DisCrete View Post
    And, yes I heard this also, that it is infact unconstitutional for us to pay taxes... However, I know a few people who went to court about it.. and No longer pay taxes as a result... They also told me... it was EXTREMELY expensive to take something like this to court.
    I can tell you with certainty that you do not know anyone that went to court and as a result are no longer required to pay income taxes. Sure they may have told you that, but they are lying to you man.

How can taxes be unconstitutional when it is an amendment to the constitution?

Amendment XVI
    The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Thread Information