Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Were any of you mugged?

Just asking? How did it happen and what was the end result? Did they knock you out and take all your $? Did it just happen or were you being a wise ass?

Desert Boat Guy SouthernBornThriller's Avatar

Black 2002 T/A M6
    Green 1997 Ram 4x4

Happened once back in high school. I was in 9th grade, I think. We were taking a school trip to a camp in the mountains for a week, and stopped at a wal-mart out in some podunk little town. Me and two other guys were walking out after buying some food for the trip, when right outside the door, the stereotypical black guy in a zip-up hoodie with the hood pulled up over his head and trying to cover his eyes cut us off in the parking lot and pointed a pistol at us (while holding his pants up with the other hand). He demanded our wallets, and since a little group of nerdy highschool freshman don't really know how to argue with a pistol, we handed them over. He took the cash out of them and tossed them on the ground. Took off after that.

Called the police of course, gave a statement and description, and have never heard anything since. Can't say it seemed like they really gave a shit about helping a bus full of annoying high school kids.

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

i was walking home from a bar with 2 friends (i live int he city) and we got held up at gun point by 3 high school aged teenagers. they said to give them our wallet and phones, but i just gave him my phone and my cash (my dumb ass had my social security card in the wallet, wasnt about to lose that), then they just said walk away without lookin back. we were on a college campus, so we just walk into a dorm that was right there and told campus security. it was more of an inconvenience than anything.

Black
    '99 SS

6'4 250 lbs, keep in pretty good shape... haven't ever had this problem.

Black
    2001 Firebird TransAm WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Tonik View Post
    im not a huge dude, but im bigger thanmost, and in pretty good shape, and so was one of my friends. when they have a gun it doesnt matter.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Muscle doesn't repel bullets. You've just never been in the wrong place at the right time.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i'm 5'2" 165#
    i learned don't make eye contact and they don't see me...

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i'm 5'2" 165#
    Be careful they don't step on you

Black
    '99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i'm 5'2" 165#

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

I wish we had concealed carry in IL

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Muscle doesn't repel bullets. You've just never been in the wrong place at the right time.
    Yes and no. Most muggers are pussies. They would rather go after somebody that looks like a pushover. If they do decide to mug you, then yea, muscles aren't gonna do you shit.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

i have had several attempts, only one was succesful. I was about 9 riding my bike and i had a starter jacket (oilers.....the football team......houston). This teenager followed me and eventually got me while i was waiting for a friend he put a knife to my neck and started digging, he got my jacket.

I've also been pistol whipped but i got out of that one buy talking to the guy and convincing him he did not want to do this and that i was going to give him nothing, he apologized and said he was high. I was about 12. I ran into him my junior year in highschool on the basketball courts, i had become a good friend with one of his cousins who was with me at the time when i saw him. I told him what happened and that i was just going to walk up and fuck this guy up, he told me "Hey man, that is my cousin" I explained it all to him and he said that he would not stop me. So i walked up to this guy and he was leaning against the brick wall. I asked him "do you remember me" He looked and me said who are you. Then i grabbed his head bashed it into the brick wall, he instantly fell i picked up and banged his head a few more times, then punched down into the ground and started stomping and kicking him in the stomach.............he really did not remember me, apparently he was high...served him right.

I was riding my bike one time and a car pulled over to jack me and take my bike, i was riding on a 500 dollar diamondback bike my uncle bought me, so it was nice, better than anything you see in my neighborhood. I think it was a first gen eclipse the guy pulls out a gun and i stop. He opens the door and tries to get out but the dumb ass got his arm into the seatbelt so he held himself back, it was one of those automatic sliding ones. So i kicked the door with all of my force and smashed the guy, he dropped his gun and i took off. I went home told my uncle......that guy is no longer alive.

I am 5'8 168, all muscle bones and skin, no fat. I was home not to long ago on leave from the navy. I was with some friends in front of my house drinking when this white escalade comes flying down my street and damn near runs me over, so i flick the guy off. He reverses it and it is filled with all these wanna be gangster guys. He tried to be hard so i got right up on his door and he started threatening to shoot me. Of course my dumb ass friend is in the back ground is screaming "Do it bitch!!!!!, do it!!!!!" so this guy reachs for something. I stick my right side into the truck with my right arm holding his right arm and told him to do it, if he did not i was going to f*ing kill him. He eased up. My shoulder was against his face and left arm was pusing down his other arm.

Yeah, i got jacked or whatever once, but never again. If i have the chance i will beat that ass. I've been meaning to buy a new pair of brass knuckles but there really is not reason for that here in san diego, it is so peaceful. But a tip, one good punch with a pair, i don't care how bad ass you are or big odds are you will go down. Guns are for wusses

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    Yes and no. Most muggers are pussies. They would rather go after somebody that looks like a pushover. If they do decide to mug you, then yea, muscles aren't gonna do you shit.
    I'd have to agree and disagree. Yes, I agree most muggers are pussies... but give any crackhead a loaded gun, and they turn into Macho Man Randy Savage in an instant. And I would assume they profile for the richer, not the weaker. I don't think they care so much about size, as much as they care about how much paper your carrying.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

I'd have to agree and disagree. Yes, I agree most muggers are pussies... but give any crackhead a loaded gun, and they turn into Macho Man Randy Savage in an instant. And I would assume they profile for the richer, not the weaker. I don't think they care so much about size, as much as they care about how much paper your carrying.
    Well, then its a good thing I look like a broke college student and somebody you wouldn't want to fuck with

teal

negative ranger. Somebody will mug you for a soda, seen it happen. Hell i was almost jumped for a pair of fila's, fucking fila's. Sometimes nobody needs a reason, just a look or how you look. This is how it is where i grew up, not so peachy. Most people who hold a gun don't know how to use it and they hesitate, so i don't.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    negative ranger. Somebody will mug you for a soda, seen it happen. Hell i was almost jumped for a pair of fila's, fucking fila's. Sometimes nobody needs a reason, just a look or how you look. This is how it is where i grew up, not so peachy. Most people who hold a gun don't know how to use it and they hesitate, so i don't.
    Different areas have different kinds of criminals, I guess.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    Well, then its a good thing I look like a broke college student and somebody you wouldn't want to fuck with
    I grew up in a small town, it was hard to get robbed for me. Me and a buddy were walking home from playing some basketball one night, car cuts us off and a bunch of thugs get out and surround us. Their 'leader' turned out to be my cousin so they just apologized, and me and him shot the shit for a bit. My buddy pissed himself I think.

teal

Different areas have different kinds of criminals, I guess.
    totally man. I've been in san diego and i feel so safe here man. I used to want to move back to houston, but not anymore. I used to walk my streets at night and not be scared. My time there has passed i am nobody there anymore, all new faces. For the first time i felt unsafe there, and that is my home. It is sad how you can get mugged for no reason.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    I wish we had concealed carry in IL
    I just got my concealed license so I would love to see someone try! Im gald I live in Colorado for that fact at least. But I never have been.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    totally man. I've been in san diego and i feel so safe here man. I used to want to move back to houston, but not anymore. I used to walk my streets at night and not be scared. My time there has passed i am nobody there anymore, all new faces. For the first time i felt unsafe there, and that is my home. It is sad how you can get mugged for no reason.
    From mine and my wife's observations, there are three places we've vowed to never return to.... Houston, Atlanta, and Albuquerque...

And I hope my home never ends up like that. I still pretty much know everyone, good and bad. I've tried to at least be acquaintances with even the worst of our local 'thug' population. So far, I still have no enemies in this town. I'm a pretty likeable guy, I guess.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information