Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Went to the Spiderman 3 midnight show

And i have to say, it was pretty good. There were parts that were totally unesessary (ill give you a hint, SPIDERMAN GOES EMO), but then parts that were totally badass (Can you say....Venom?). I wont say anything else about it, except that if you were hesitant on it being another gay spiderman movie, then wait until it comes to the dollar theaters. But if you didnt mind the first 2, then definitely go see it.

My personal opinion = 8/10 for the cheesy acting at parts and the whole emo scene.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

he went emo?

pie
    free

Didn't he do that in the first and second ones too?

I'll probably wait to rent it like I did with the 2nd one.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i thought that that was the way that spiderman/peter parker was. he's always been a character that has been plagued by conflicts of his own interests and desires. it was part of his growing up only being a teenager when everything happened to him...learning himself as peter parker and having to find a way to accept himself as spiderman as well.

Dark Gray 02 Tahoe
    A few too many Lsx's!

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i thought that that was the way that spiderman/peter parker was. he's always been a character that has been plagued by conflicts of his own interests and desires. it was part of his growing up only being a teenager when everything happened to him...learning himself as peter parker and having to find a way to accept himself as spiderman as well.

Okay what does EMO mean??

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by ShelbySS View Post
    Okay what does EMO mean??
    its just another word for girl pants wearing guys who listen to self hate music and cut themselves for fun at sleep overs.....

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

i wish my lawn was emo... caus then it would cut itselfe!

i saw that on a t-shirt once, thought it was appropriate

Green
    1993 Mazda MX-6 LS

The movie surprised me. Not in a good way really... I'd give it a 6/10 for the few awesome fight scenes there were. I might appreciate the movie a little better after seeing it in another theater with another crowd. I can't stand when everyone's "OOoohh"ing and laughing at everything. The final fight was awesome though, I'm glad it worked out.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Not emo mentally, physically. His hair gets black, he has what looks like black eyeshadow, dresses in all black.

Yea same here ndr, i went with the wrong crowd. Made the movie seem much worse than it should have been. Final battle was definitely worth waiting for. Harry turns into a badass, i loved his costume.

Black
    99 Z28

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I went to the 3 AM showing this morning at the closest IMAX to me. Venom and that hot blonde chick were the only cool parts of the movie. It pissed me off that peter parker decided to act like a faggot for most of the movie.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 01RaptorTA View Post
    Not emo mentally, physically. His hair gets black, he has what looks like black eyeshadow, dresses in all black.

Yea same here ndr, i went with the wrong crowd. Made the movie seem much worse than it should have been. Final battle was definitely worth waiting for. Harry turns into a badass, i loved his costume.
    i think that that was put in there to help the audience understand what the alien symbiote does to someone when it infects them...it feeds on the negative energy within a person and brings those feelings to the surface.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    . It pissed me off that peter parker decided to act like a faggot for most of the movie.

What did you expect after Brokeback Mountain???

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Saw it on saturday...it's ok. I agree with the whole emo thing...he was supposed to be a badass I guess but he looked like a fag. It's a rental if you're not a huge spiderman fan.

i do not like spider man, tobey ruined it for me

His look was a bit...odd for the "dark" part, but I liked those parts the best.

Clark Kent is a perfect good guy, but hes fucking boring. At least when Peter got cocky, he was interesting, despite his look.

I thought it was the best out of the 3, but was RUSHED. They couldve held Venom back and left him for a 4th movie. This movie really did him no justice, yet its the number one reason everyone went to see it.

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

yea venom was bad ass... but he was too short lived, and eric foreman was a bad choice to play him

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by drewhenderson13 View Post
    yea venom was bad ass... but he was too short lived, and eric foreman was a bad choice to play him
    I actually think that was a good choice to have him as venom. He played the part pretty well.

Black
    01 Camaro SS

I thought everything as far as charcters went, was perfect. The movie was good, but rushed, like said..... They put way to much in it and accomplished way to much for one movie, IMO. It was ok.... I second if you arent a spidey fan, wait to rent it. I was really lookin forward to it and was somewhat let down. I say 7/10.....
    96 Imp SS- 12.74@103, 1.74 60' out of fuel

06 AWD TB SS- 12.58@106, 1.76 60'

01 Camaro SS- Totaled

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

okay...saw it last nite and i retract pretty much any comment i previously made trying to defend any decisions made by the studios.

eddie brock/venom - kool idea, well executed in cgi...but poor casting. any time he was being sarcastic all i could think of was a fez wisecrack was coming up next.

sandman - kool concept, well executed, fairly decent storyline, and it tied in well with the first movie...no issues here.

parker/spiderman - some of the dark suit spidy acting seemed...forced, emo parker=fag, could have done without the friggin jazz dance routine in the middle of the movie...i came to watch spiderman kick alien ass not watch toby meguier on dancing with the stars.

j. j. jameson - provided great comic relief at certain times, but the desk scene seemed a bit out of place more like slapstick over the top comedy rather than a more realistic way that it could have been done.

new goblin - first fight scene was way to rushed, came on too fast, and was too complicated. the whole controversy and rivalry could have been a bit more played out and i wish that the mask would have been on rather than showing his face more. liked the kinda urban ninja suit thing he had goin on though.

overall it was decent, but my g/f can attest to the several times when i hung my head in my hands and went "oh jesus christ..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information