Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Well looks like I ain't going nowhere after all

Damn I about screwed up going active duty, I decided to do that when I was pissed off at the wife but now that I've cooled down and thought about it I'd rather stay here in Knoxville and enjoy the peaceful country life. I've learned making decisions when your pissed off can end up alot worse than they would when your calm. Guess I'm going to buy myself a new toy and put some other projects on hold for a while.

I'm looking at a 2006 Suzuki Katana 600 in the black color to have as a gas saver when it's warm and pretty outside and selling most of my third gen parts and junk. The third gen is going in storage and put on hold for a while, I'm tired of working on everything constantly so it's time for a break. So if any of you third gen owners are in need of any performance parts keep watch in the classified's because once I round up everything I don't need anymore I'm going to post it in there.

1970 Fbody

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1 View Post
    Damn I about screwed up going active duty, I decided to do that when I was pissed off at the wife but now that I've cooled down and thought about it I'd rather stay here in Knoxville and enjoy the peaceful country life. I've learned making decisions when your pissed off can end up alot worse than they would when your calm. Guess I'm going to buy myself a new toy and put some other projects on hold for a while.

I'm looking at a 2006 Suzuki Katana 600 in the black color to have as a gas saver when it's warm and pretty outside and selling most of my third gen parts and junk. The third gen is going in storage and put on hold for a while, I'm tired of working on everything constantly so it's time for a break. So if any of you third gen owners are in need of any performance parts keep watch in the classified's because once I round up everything I don't need anymore I'm going to post it in there.
    Decision should always be made when you are in a better state of mind. What is that saying "calmer heads prevail"? Have you really looked into the bikes. The Katana is old school technology, slow and cumbersome in handling for a 600. Not trying to talk you out of it but there are many other bikes for similar money that blow it away. The Suzuki SV650 with a full fairing kit can be had for about the same price. It is an awesome bike and is one of the best handling bikes out there. Like stated, just giving opinions, not trying to talk you out of the Katana.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Thanks Nosfed, I'm always up for opinions so post them up. I looked at the
    SV-650 but didn't really like that fact it's a V-twin. I know they make tons of low end torque but I personally love the sound of a inline four on a sportbike. I did look at the Honda 599 and I liked it, that bike is really light and has a slick look to it but I'm not too sure how they perform. I've ridden a Katana as my dad had one two years ago and it was fun to ride but like you said it's old school. I need one I can ride to Daytona Beach and Bike week in Myrtle Beach without suffering from a broken back by the time I get there. That's the main thing I'm concerned about, having lot's of performance, reliability and a comfortable ride. Thanks again!

1970 Fbody

Thanks Nosfed, I'm always up for opinions so post them up. I looked at the
    SV-650 but didn't really like that fact it's a V-twin. I know they make tons of low end torque but I personally love the sound of a inline four on a sportbike. I did look at the Honda 599 and I liked it, that bike is really light and has a slick look to it but I'm not too sure how they perform. I've ridden a Katana as my dad had one two years ago and it was fun to ride but like you said it's old school. I need one I can ride to Daytona Beach and Bike week in Myrtle Beach without suffering from a broken back by the time I get there. That's the main thing I'm concerned about, having lot's of performance, reliability and a comfortable ride. Thanks again!
    It is not a bad bike by any means. It appears you have done your homework so you will be good to go. We will be down at bike week in Myrtle next year so we might need to hookup.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Definately, I know we'll be there for sure. The guys here at work have allready put in for vacation so I guess I better do the same. I bet there are tons of bikes down there ain't there? I'm looking forward to hitting Deals Gap at the Tail of the Dragon in the Spring.

1970 Fbody

Definately, I know we'll be there for sure. The guys here at work have allready put in for vacation so I guess I better do the same. I bet there are tons of bikes down there ain't there? I'm looking forward to hitting Deals Gap at the Tail of the Dragon in the Spring.
    We did Deals this year. It is crazy. Look for the guy called "Yellow Wolf". He is on a Yellow Goldwing and he will film you while you ride the gap. He is an expert and will keep up with most bikes. It is worth it.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

I drive the Gap from time to time in my camaro and there is this camera guy up there that goes by the name " Killboy ". He has a website where he posts pictures of bikes and cars going up the Dragon, you can order pics of yourself driving the dragon in 8X10's or whatever size you want. I've got some pretty sweet pics of my Z-28 running down a Carrera in the corners of the Dragon.

Check out his site, you might be on there.

www.killboy.com

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

So if any of you third gen owners are in need of any performance parts keep watch in the classified's because once I round up everything I don't need anymore I'm going to post it in there.
    My birthdays coming up, I'll be watching.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

i think you'll like AD better anyway.

Thread Information