Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Since Aug 2000 LS1 Eddie's Avatar

Unhappy Well, it's geting to the point where I can't afford to drive.

Honestly, I just wanted to see what kinds of responses I would get from others. For me, it's finally getting to the point where I'm having a difficult time making it with gas prices the way they are. I'm 20 years old, have a small job, and when I bought my Expedition 2 years ago to go to school gas was only in the 1.60 range. It's to the point now where the only place I can drive is to school everyday, and even thats tough. With the anticipation that gas is not going to go down very much this summer, I'm going to have to probably sell my truck which I still owe some money on and take a loss on it. Anyone else having as tough of time as me right now? I'm feelin desperate, not gonna lie.
    1995 Camaro Z-28
    Black/Neutral|A4 GU5
    Modifications:
    Borla, MAC Mid's, SLP Level 1 Suspension with Prokit, SLP STB, SLP CAI, 1LE Elbow,Phillips HID, Advanced Induction 180cc Heads/224 Cam,Built 355, Yank 3200

I cannot even go job hunting right now im just filling out apps online so i will have enough gas to go to school....i mean i could ask my mom if she could let me borrow some cash for gas but i would feel shitty.

Anyone know of some part time work in DFW

Black
    99 SS

same here, dont feel bad, im having to put it on my credit card right now so we will see how things go

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS6

yea its getting hard for me to with commuting 30+ miles to school everyday but thats over next week and i can get back to work and make some money.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Just skimming by right now.

Hard to fill the Trans Am though...so I don't drive it much.
    2008 Trailblazer SS
    Yank PTB3600, Kooks 1 7/8" LT's, 4" intake, E-fans, Magnaflow, Sonnax kit, tranny cooler, tune.
    Lowered, HID's, tinted.

1999 Pontiac Trans Am WS.6 #1747 SOLD
    531.1 RWHP 481.3 FT/Pounds all motor.

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

I can barely afford it, but only because I keep breaking shit. Rear end, then tranny, both withing 1 month.
    1998 Camaro Z28 M6
    SLP Lid, Flowmaster, Cutout, Spec Stage 3, Pro 5.0 w/ Lou's short stick, Pacesetter Race LT's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Nitto NT555R DR's, Moser 12-bolt with TrueTrac and 3.90s, RPM Speed LCA's and Panhard Bar

Red
    93 Camaro V6(I know lame)

thank god i have a v6

sorry, had to say it

Quote Originally Posted by gettin sideways
    thank god i have a v6

sorry, had to say it
    Same here but after awhile it still adds up. Sometimes i miss my stupid SI just because i could go for so long without putting gas in it.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus
    Same here but after awhile it still adds up. Sometimes i miss my stupid SI just because i could go for so long without putting gas in it.
    its not bad considering

i fill it up about every 4 or 5 days depend on my driving, and i drive probably 20 or 30 miles to school 4 days a week

Red

but yea i know what you guys are saying about gas prices, a lot of my friends have v8 and they get fucked on gas

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

yup, i drive to Detroit everyday and back to work. Probaly about 35 miles or so. Drive my 14 MPG 15 MPG if im easy on the gas, im feelin it. But im makin pretty decent money and still livin at the homestead. I cant sell my Durango cause i have fucked some shit up on it and need to fix it at least first.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

You need to get that bike man. I hear the 600's are around 40 mpg? All I ride in the summer is the 10r. Nothing better when gas prices are high, but the weather is nice.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

People I feel your pain Out here in vegas our 91 octane is 3.35 a gallon right now. All it is is rich people getting richer milking people like you and I for as much as they can until we dont take the shit anymore ..

Itll be just like after the hurricane rita hit and gas went through the roof .. people started stealing the shit .. syphoning it out of peoples tanks .. fighting over it .. were dependent on it because the car manufacturers havent pushed for newer types of cars

Other countries have the cars available ... Our pussy ass ignorant piece of shit so called president has ties with people in the oil business so of course he could give a shit less hes probably makin loot too ..

People have all sorts of solutions .. I say if times get hard man scope a gas station with no outside cameras ... take the plates off .. get your gas and haul ass.. yes itll take from the people selling the gas .. but maybe when it hits the media that mass chaos is upon us because their raising the gas prices just as far as we let them .. they'll do something ..

We have our troops over there getting killed because of this asshole for what..... it started because of supposed weapons of mass destruction that we now know arent there .. we have sadaam....... we dont have a fuckin clue where osama bin laden is .. why the fuck are we over there .. its their country let them handle it .. i say bring our troops home .. lower the fuckin gas prices .. impeach this piece of shit president so we can work on making america great again .. no more illegal aliens sneaking across the border .. start puttin a cap in their ass when they cross over .. I bet they wont sneak over after that for a while
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

ahh that felt good sorry had to vent .. bush sucks hes screwed this country up and its bad when people cant afford the gas in the cars that they buy

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

same as others above car sits, but it keeps the miles off. i work to jobs about 65 plus miles round trip 5 days a week, plus the other 2 day i go to at least one job. even in our sante fee, it still hurts about 60.00 per week. minimum.

Black
    99 SS

my dad commutes 80 miles a day to work, he filles up every 3 days and each fill up costs $70 bucks so thats ten times a month he is filling up for about $600-700 a month in gas. thanks God his work pays for his gas or he would have to quit his job and find something closer to home cause no one can afford that much in gas.

Black
    99 SS

right now its costing me about $250 a month just in gas, i hope that extra billion dollars a year the oil companies is worth it when they ruin millions of peoples lives because they cant afford to buy anything else and keeping us from going out and staying in our houses.

i mean how much money do these people need to make??? and there earnings per quater just keep rising. i think if there was a crisis that they would be lucky to break even. come one cut the American people and the rest of the world some slack mother fuckers

Black
    2001 Corvette

If you really cannot afford gas, then you have to change your lifestyle a bit. Start cutting back on luxury items. Don't go out to eat, skip going to the movie theater, cancel your cell phone, don't get cable TV. Anyone of these or more could save you enough for an extra couple tanks of gas.

Then, with your car, don't "floor it". Drive like your grandma would. Don't use the A/C, make sure your tires are inflated and keep them rotated properly and make sure the alignment is good on your vehicle - all will help you save gas.

Those that think Oil Companies are price gouging or that "the Man" is sticking it to us are ignorant. It's called Supply and Demand, free enterprise. The demand for oil is greater than ever - worldwide. Communist China is buying up crude like never before, our refining capacity is still hurt from the hurricanes and them having to switch to the summer blend gasolines.

Also, when people shit about huge profits Exxon make, you can't be ignorant and look at Profit as a number. You have to look at the profit MARGINS. People can't comprehend how much money is invested in a company like that.

Also, when you're buying gas at a pump. Nationally, you're paying about 46 cents a gallon to the local, state, and feds in taxes. Only about 12 cents on the dollar goes to the oil company.

Don't be stupid, learn the facts. When the general public learns the truth behind prices, people will learn to help lower prices by above methods. Then, when supply grows, demand lessens, so does price.

Black
    99 SS

in the past hurricanes have never posed a problem with gas or made the price jump. and in the past when switching to summer time gas the price per gallon has never increased 20-30 cents. yes it is a free market but your also killing the rest of the economy by driving up prices. last quarter one oil company made something like 13 billion dollars in profits. i mean WTF!!! who needs that kind of money. why make everyone else suffer??

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information