Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Well, I saw Wolderine..

Jesus christ, fan boys have been asking and pleading for a movie about the hot tempered, supposed to be short, animalistic hero for quite some time now and what do we get? A complete fucking mess.

Though its not terrible...

First off, Sabretooth is not Wolvie's brother. This doesnt hinder the movie's story, however. Plus, Liev or whatever his name plays a good Sabretooth.

Secondly, the team Wolvie works with end up being throw away characters. This also includes others such as Gambit, the long awaited addition to the Xmen world. No big parts here..

Ive read critics talk about the dialogue and I agree. Its basic fucking english.

The side effects are pretty lousy (the chopping of the fire escape stair case is ridiculous).

And umm...well I dont think I am giving away anything here considering this happens often in the movie, but before Wolvie gets his metal, hes pretty indestructible. Dont really see the difference other than his harder bones. So this makes the firing squad scene not make any sense...

All in all, its just an OK movie. Why it gets so much shit is cuz of the fact that Wolvie's story was fucked with when it shouldnt had been. Hes got a pretty solid storyline, just run with it. Instead, this version has got more cheese in it than The Cheesecake Factory.

Oh and I just realized where Stryker is from.. He makes a good villain in this movie and I couldnt understand why...its cuz he was the head vampire in 30 days of night. One of the best villains in history IMO

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

It was kind of like X-men 3 for me. Enjoyable, but outside the line of the comics. It was entertaining though.

I'm not too upset about a metal mutant chopping up staircases with chics that turn into diamonds and gambit flying through debris using his stick as an invincible forcefield. Just sitback and enjoy damnit.

Ill have my cheese when I order my burgers, not with my movies.

Ironman and Dark Knight werent cheesy and look how well they did.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Well, it took a while to get batman right also. First one Sheer pimpness. Rest of them pre dark knight, wtf (Batman forever, need I say more)

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

I watched it about a month ago. It was ok for what it was I guess. Fun to watch.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

watch it here...good quality except for some of the special effects aren't totally complete.

http://www.movie2k.com/movie-45580-X...Wolverine.html

Wish I had an LS1. kickflippin1's Avatar
    What is "Wolderine"?

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

lol, you saw the movie, what a homo

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by kickflippin1 View Post
    What is "Wolderine"?

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by kickflippin1 View Post
    What is "Wolderine"?
    Wolverines ghey tranny alter ego....after a long day of stickin he likes to get stuck

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Yeah, they totally screwed up most of the other superheros in the movie, especially Deadpool or Wade Wilson as he is called in most of the movie.

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

I enjoyed it. When will people learn that things have to be changed to make a movie work. They need people who know nothing about it to enjoy it also. If they kept his entire story intact it would be a 10 hour movie.
    I will say some of the things were cheesy though. But I didn't let that ruin the movie for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kup98ss View Post
    I enjoyed it. When will people learn that things have to be changed to make a movie work. They need people who know nothing about it to enjoy it also. If they kept his entire story intact it would be a 10 hour movie.
    I will say some of the things were cheesy though. But I didn't let that ruin the movie for me.
    Its a fine line to walk and I assure you, they fucked up.

This movie will be swallowed by Terminator and Star Trek for christs sake.

05 Wrangler

Lookin forward to the new termie....has anyine read the book "from the ashes" prequel to the movie yet? I've been looking for it but can't find it.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I'm looking forward to the new Star Trek movie. I've been a Trekkie from the get go. Saw the original series back in the 60's when it was new. The only franchise I didn't really care for was Deep Space 9 but still watched most of it even so.

AAMOF, I have (saved away) souveniers (that I purchased at the time) from the 1st 3 Star Trek movies.

And I think Star Trek will blow away both Terminator and Wolverine at the box office.

Black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Kup98ss View Post

If they follow the story and keep it mostly in tact, we end up with the Lord of the Rings trilogy that takes a full day to watch.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

My only input is that as they are making these movies they are constainly change the storyline that we grew up with. Most of the creators in the begining have either passed or have seen the world change that when their work comes up and gets the freshen up treatment, the current writers put their own brand of changes and that is the product we now go see. I didn't realized how much I knew of the Wolverine comic that I had read as a kid, until I watched it this weekend. I liked the movie, they could have done far worse. However, I spent the whole ride home, explaining to my kids that was not how the comic went and challenge them to find and read the back issues to see for themselves.

good as an action movie, horrible comic book movie.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

I just saw an ad for the GI Joe movie!!! GO JOE!!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Just saw it, kickass action movie, and I know about how movies never live up to the original complaints.
    1. Gambit played to small a part
    2.Ending after the credits was weak. shhhhh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information