Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weird night...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

weird night...

Got the kids in bed and put the dog on the chain Went out through the garage to let the dog back in and notice he is raising hell. Open the door and my neighbors son (46 and doesn't live with them) is standing there crying. I'm like wtf is wrong and he says he's worried about his parents that they should've been home already. I think for a minute and remember it's Wed. and they go to mass on Wed. and I've noticed sometimes they don't get home until 10pm or so. Tell him that and he calms down a little. I get to noticing though that something isn't right with him. I've met him a handful of times and he's a pretty nice guy as far as I can tell. He's got the twitches and is kinda talking in circles and I'm just trying to figure out what's going on with him.
    Then out of nowhere he asks " You aren't scared of me are you?" and I'm tell him I'm not scared of anyone and he says "good". Then he says " Did you know I have bi-polar disorder?" and I tell him I did know that. We talk for a bit and he's talking crazy and is just out of his mind. I ask him if he's taking his medicine and he says yeah then tells me he stopped by a friends house and drank a few jack and cokes with him. Now I'm up to speed...he's mixed alcohol with is medicine. This guy was completely crazy for the most part. He was seeing things move in my garage and hearing things bump against the door and what not. He hit a deer on a motorcycle a few years ago and never really recovered from it. He's grossly overweight and limps real bad. I was never fearful of him as I would just roll his big ass over and that would be the end of it but at the same time I wasn't letting him in my house with the kids in there asleep.
    My dog was really wanting a piece of him and he wanted me to let the dog in so he could pet him and I was trying to explain to him that deuce would have a major case of the ass with him if I were to let him in the garage. He went back over to his parents house to check if they were home yet and they were. I watched him go in then got worried about them and got my cell to call their other son that's local and I saw him come back outside and start coming back over to the house so I let the dog in the house and waited in the garage for him. He was here ~ 3 hours and just talking crazy most of the time. I'm now debating whether to go tell his brother about it tomorrow. Part of me wants to stay the hell out of it because the last thing I need is him parking in my driveway with a rifle but the other part of me worries about his mom and dad. They're a sweet old couple in there mid 70's and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't say something to his brother and he ended up hurting them. Him and is brother hate each other because his brother don't trust him and won't let his daughter see him. Weird deal. I imagine I'll go have that talk with him tomorrow but I sure wish I could just stay out of it.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Thats messed up pretty good. One of those deals you truly wished didn't happen, but you really need to tell the brother about it and just keep your distance from it as best as you can. I don't envy your position in that matter at all

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yeah, tough decision really. I want to make sure his parents are safe but am I doing that at a cost of putting my family at risk? My wife and kids come first...period. I won't do anything that I feel will put them in danger. I'm not sure if I really classify this guy as dangerous but obviously tonight he was whacked out so I'm not dealing with the same guy I'd met before.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I left out the part where he was walking back and forth between our houses in leather sandles in 6" of snow and it's 20 degrees out. Our houses are around a hundred yards apart if I had to guess. His feet had to be frozen for the 3 hours he was sitting in my garage. Hell, mine were dry and I was cold but no way in hell was I opening the door. That's one reason I made sure the dog went inside before he got back. Deuce wanted to rip his throat out.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Wow. That sounds like a very messed up, crazy man. I wouldn't even like that he is wondering around my house (kids) all fucked up. I would say something just on that principle really. Dude sounds very mentally ill. Lock those doors. Nice guy or not, you don't know what hes capable of, and thinking about. Good luck with that one

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

what kind of dog do you have?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by chiller2484 View Post
    what kind of dog do you have?
    black chow/lab mix

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Sounds like he was off his meds. I don't blame you for not wanting to get involved but in the grand scheme of things your in it already like it or not. I would let his brother know what took place and try to coach him on how he should handle this. Your right to keep him away from your kids as it’s a serious mental disorder, you never know what the voices in his head are telling him to do! I would steer clear of him, bi-polar people are a time bomb waiting to go off.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

bi-polar people have a hard time taking their meds. A lot of them tend to stop taking and lie about it. Because they know that if they say they stopped the whole world will try getting them back on. They feel like they don't need the meds and that the meds in fact make them slow and dopey. Maybe they do... but the meds also make them not so crazy. I had a boss that was bi-polar. He eventually got canned but for a while he was the terror of my place of work. I also dated a girl I found out to be bi-polar. It was hard to walk away from that but she was one of the ones that didn't like taking her meds and suffered anxiety attacks as a result. It's pretty sad because she was pretty good looking and a really nice girl. I hope I don't come across as a jerk for doing that. Women can be a handful when they are sane I am not emotionally equipped to deal with a lifetime of getting someone to take their meds and comforting them through anxiety attacks. On top of the fact that bi-polar disorder can be passed down to children.

As far as this guy goes??? It's my opinion that getting help is a foremost priority. The family knows his condition and regardless of how his brother feels about him he certainly doesn't want to see him go crazy and hurt A. his family B. anyone unlucky enough to be in his way when he goes crazy.

It's like they say here in the NYC subway announcements. If you see something suspicious say something, do not keep it to yourself.

That suspicious looking bag might decide to go crazy and kill a train full of people!

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

thanks for hanging out with me last night man. good times.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I know what his problem was: You're supposed to mix Mountain Dew with Jack not Coke...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

no no no... jack straight up

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

That is a unique situation you've got going on there.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i wonder if he didn't actually kill his parents and is doing a weekend at bernies kind of deal...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i wonder if he didn't actually kill his parents and is doing a weekend at bernies kind of deal...
    nope, saw them out today when I was getting zach on the bus. zach is getting out of school early today and I'm going to swing by his brothers and talk to him a bit. They're a good family....have 8 kids and everyone of them I've ever met are really nice people. I've heard they've had trouble with this guy in the past because of his illness but I'd never seen him act up before. He's always been super nice when I've talked to him. Just having a set back I guess.

Orange, red, white
    1967,68,97,2000 Camaros

I've got a black Chow/German Shep. mix. Very beautiful, very calm dog and the biggest wuss unless he senses something wrong and more protective than my other two chows. Watched him go after a dog twice his size that went after my daughter's cocker spaniel and it was not pretty, especially when my fathead joined in. The other dog just wanted to go back home by time I got out there.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by usa1camaro View Post
    I've got a black Chow/German Shep. mix. Very beautiful, very calm dog and the biggest wuss unless he senses something wrong and more protective than my other two chows. Watched him go after a dog twice his size that went after my daughter's cocker spaniel and it was not pretty, especially when my fathead joined in. The other dog just wanted to go back home by time I got out there.
    my last dog was black chow/shepherd. When you mix chows you never really know what you're going to get. They're known to be nervous aggressive. The one I have now is a little like that but not to bad. My old one was a great dog. The one I have now though don't take shit off no body. People can come in the house with me and he never gives them a second look but if they come up to the house unannounced he gets a case of the ass with them usually.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    my last dog was black chow/shepherd. When you mix chows you never really know what you're going to get. They're known to be nervous aggressive. The one I have now is a little like that but not to bad. My old one was a great dog. The one I have now though don't take shit off no body. People can come in the house with me and he never gives them a second look but if they come up to the house unannounced he gets a case of the ass with them usually.
    Is he the dog good around the kids?

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    black chow/lab mix
    Those can get nasty

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Is he the dog good around the kids?
    yep....he's excellent with them. They wrestle with him on a daily basis. Hell, he's even good with the cat. Kids wanted a cat last year and I figured the cat would last a day or so until deuce caught him because I've seen him kill a couple of possums but it was exactly the opposite. The dog and cat wrestle all the time. If he would just listen a little better ( which he's getting better at) and stay in the yard he'd be a helluva dog. I have to chain him when we go out even though we have a pretty big yard and are surrounded by woods because he'll run off and be gone all night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information