2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Weeeelll Shheeeeet

Been waiting for something bad to happen, I've had a couple good days in a row . Going to the gas station last night to fill up before the next work day, I pull in and feel a hard tug to the right...oooookkkkk, that felt not very good... pulled to a stop and got out to investigate... the problem was quite obvious to even the most naked of eyes....

Luckily I live less than a mile from the gas station, and my wife was at home. And since I used to work at this particular station, they let me keep my car there overnight until I can get a tire today... so I'll be buying ONE tire... because I was definately not prepared for this, and having a new baby and Christmas time being at hand, funds are t-t-t-t-t-tight. Just thought I'd share my misfortune to make your day feel better

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

black
    99 Z28

man that sucks, hope it didnt scratch up your wheels man!

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by emoFTW View Post
    man that sucks, hope it didnt scratch up your wheels man!
    ah, no worries about the rims. One of them is starting to bubble and peel anyway. It didn't scratch too bad though. If I get enough back for taxes, I'm going for a rim/tire package, and put these in the shed for a rainy day.

Awaiting Activation

Black
    RIP S4 06Tbss

Haha the same thing just happened to me, my car was in storage and I decided to back it out and plop! Exact same thing, at least its not to serious.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by 98T/Aformula. View Post
    Haha the same thing just happened to me, my car was in storage and I decided to back it out and plop! Exact same thing, at least its not to serious.
    If we lived closer I'd buy you a beer, my friend.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    ah, no worries about the rims. One of them is starting to bubble and peel anyway. It didn't scratch too bad though. If I get enough back for taxes, I'm going for a rim/tire package, and put these in the shed for a rainy day.
    If money is so tight, then it might be best to hold off on spending a couple grand for tires/wheels?

Priorities and all that...

Just saying..

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

this is karma for not getting me pix.

seriuosly, how did that happen? bald tire? not enough air?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post
    If money is so tight, then it might be best to hold off on spending a couple grand for tires/wheels?

Priorities and all that...

Just saying..

Let me stress on the 'if I get enough' part. No matter what, I have to get tires, since my SS is my DD. I don't have a bunch of debt or anything, it's just that my wife is on an unpaid maternity leave, and we've been doing the Christmas thing. It's a December thing, we're not constantly tight on money. By the time tax time is here, we will be well into the clear.

Black
    1998 Trans Am

Yeah, with a baby coming, they are expensive as hell.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    this is karma for not getting me pix.

seriuosly, how did that happen? bald tire? not enough air?
    Oh yeah, my bad... damn mechanic broke my fuggin fuse box cover a while back....where it bolt up in the front. Instead of unscrewing it, he snapped it right off.... so I didn't have to pay him a dime Still didn't make me any happier....

It's juuuust about time for new tires. These have about 35k on them, they have served me well, that's part of the reason I'm not totally furious, except that I was hoping they'd last til beginning of next year. They're not bald though.. and I check the air every single time I get gas. I even had my pressure gauge in my pocket last night for after I filled up... ah well.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Oh yeah, my bad... damn mechanic broke my fuggin fuse box cover a while back....where it bolt up in the front. Instead of unscrewing it, he snapped it right off.... so I didn't have to pay him a dime Still didn't make me any happier....

It's juuuust about time for new tires. These have about 35k on them, they have served me well, that's part of the reason I'm not totally furious, except that I was hoping they'd last til beginning of next year. They're not bald though.. and I check the air every single time I get gas. I even had my pressure gauge in my pocket last night for after I filled up... ah well.
    OMG....that's worth murder

i had a set of Fusion ZRi's that lasted something like 25k...great traction in wet weather, but not so great after about 15k miles.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    OMG....that's worth murder

i had a set of Fusion ZRi's that lasted something like 25k...great traction in wet weather, but not so great after about 15k miles.
    I came close..... but they were bigger than me, and I was by myself lol, but I got up the balls to tell the bastard I wasn't paying him. So about 100 bucks worth of work was free, thanks to the cover, and I just took some super glue to it... not perfect, but it fits the imperfection of the rest of my car

These were Hankook Ventus HRII's. They had really good traction up until about 5k miles ago, now they suck in the slightest precipitation.

Thread Information