Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

warning to fellow street racers

I got a police scanner a few months back and actually I go slower now since I bought it. I bought it and a radar detector with the intention to speed more and I could BUT........I always figured that when I would speed/race some people might call the cops on their cell phone and I was right sorrta......if you so much as fart with your car the cops are called ! Everyday they are several calls on the scanner for wreckless driving with the cars description and tag if they get it. I have toned it done very much only if no traffic (usually) lol. Probally lots of people know these things but just doesnt dawn on some. Just a heads up if you speed/race everybody and their bro has a phone and love to rat.

now if u just gotta do it lol buy a scanner (mine is a hand held scanner $99) and if they call u in you can pick it up and go hide somewhere
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 05-05-2007 at 11:01 AM.

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

yup happened to me too, i cut off some old lady and pissed her off...she called it in, i was working while listening to the scanner at work(work at the sheriff's office) came on the radio while i was just sitting there...my sgt. got pissed off, i denied it of course, but now they got a closer eye on me..just stay safe, and don't be stupid.

I've been using one for years along with a V1. As long as you're not doing something really stupid (cutting in and out of lanes without signaling at 100+ speeds) they have provided rock-solid protection for me over the years. The scanner is great for avoiding heavy traffic (accidents) too.

One time I was driving home and some dude almost clipped me and was driving very erratically. I phoned the guy in to the state police and they were on him in about 3 minutes and I heard all the action on the phone and scanner at the same time. It was liking watching "cops" filmed live right in front of me. It turned out that the guy was talking on his cell and not paying attention, he got a warning.

Another time, I was "playing" with a boxster-s out when the road was open. He punched the gas one time and must have hit 120+. The next thing I know, he's got his hazard flashers on and he's pulling off to the side of the road. I kept going, I assumed he needed to use the phone, take a leak, etc. I heard a few minutes later on the scanner that the dude's engine died and he was calling for a tow truck.

Oh, and it's also a good idea to check here before you start racing with scanners...

white
    1990 Mustang GT

lol @ the boxster blowing up

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by my5thNewUsernameHere View Post
    Oh, and it's also a good idea to check here before you start racing with scanners...
    Georiga has no laws awesome

black
    2001 z06

Didn't you just post a video of a 0-120 run???

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by z06guy View Post
    Didn't you just post a video of a 0-120 run???
    ya I said I go slower lol didnt say I never speed. After I made this thread I went to town did my 0-120 run. got to town and raced a porshe 944. just posted it in kill section. I have calmed down alot.

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

Damn, glad that that is not being done in the Mile High City yet!!!

I drive like an ass! I drive quick and whip in and out of traffic. I use my Turn Signal EVERY time, maybe that saves me???

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Quote Originally Posted by joerockhead View Post
    Damn, glad that that is not being done in the Mile High City yet!!!

I drive like an ass! I drive quick and whip in and out of traffic. I use my Turn Signal EVERY time, maybe that saves me???
    Personally, i'd never rat on anyone in a 60s muscle car lol. I dun care if they just robbed a bank, id prob let em go if they stormed off in like a 69 Camaro 396....but if someone in like a 00 camaro started whippin in and out of traffic, that would piss me off.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

another thing with scanners is construction zones... they set it up so that your scanner goes off and you slow down thinking there is a cop in the area...

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    I got a police scanner a few months back and actually I go slower now since I bought it. I bought it and a radar detector with the intention to speed more and I could BUT........I always figured that when I would speed/race some people might call the cops on their cell phone and I was right sorrta......if you so much as fart with your car the cops are called ! Everyday they are several calls on the scanner for wreckless driving with the cars description and tag if they get it. I have toned it done very much only if no traffic (usually) lol. Probally lots of people know these things but just doesnt dawn on some. Just a heads up if you speed/race everybody and their bro has a phone and love to rat.

now if u just gotta do it lol buy a scanner (mine is a hand held scanner $99) and if they call u in you can pick it up and go hide somewhere
    this coming from the guy who posts a 0-120mph run in the AAG. glad to see youre slowing down...

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

I was on I 96 coming home from work thursday. This fag in a Taurus almost caused three accidents. I swear to god he had maybe 6 to 12 inchs from the front of my car. NO signals, and was coming so close to people It was scaring me. Then I was getting off on the same xit as him, before we exited, he flips me off. I thought ... WTF? I didnt do shit to you, you almost fucked me, and YOU flip me off? Then we are going around this exit off ramp, and he slams on the brakes trying to get me to rear end him. That absolutly royally pissed me off. Thats when i busted out the phone and called on him. While im on the phone, we get to some side streets, he stops in the middle of the road and gets out of his car. LOL. I about died laughing when I was on the phone. Dude had a mustache that was all stringy and shit. One ugly motherfucker for sure. I go by him all calm like, still on the phone. He gets in his car, flys by me, pulls into a mexican restrauant. That made it too easy for the cops. I pulled in there, and he walks up to my car. He was wasted. I left right as the cops where getting there. HAHA, have fun with you DUI fag.

Have a nice day.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I was on I 96 coming home from work thursday. This fag in a Taurus almost caused three accidents. I swear to god he had maybe 6 to 12 inchs from the front of my car. NO signals, and was coming so close to people It was scaring me. Then I was getting off on the same xit as him, before we exited, he flips me off. I thought ... WTF? I didnt do shit to you, you almost fucked me, and YOU flip me off? Then we are going around this exit off ramp, and he slams on the brakes trying to get me to rear end him. That absolutly royally pissed me off. Thats when i busted out the phone and called on him. While im on the phone, we get to some side streets, he stops in the middle of the road and gets out of his car. LOL. I about died laughing when I was on the phone. Dude had a mustache that was all stringy and shit. One ugly motherfucker for sure. I go by him all calm like, still on the phone. He gets in his car, flys by me, pulls into a mexican restrauant. That made it too easy for the cops. I pulled in there, and he walks up to my car. He was wasted. I left right as the cops where getting there. HAHA, have fun with you DUI fag.

Have a nice day.
    awesome. i would have done the same thing. except for maybe the calm-like part

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Was going back to college one night with a buddy of mine... and there was a jeep that was swerving, speeding up and slowing down and throwing out cigarettes etc.. then he tried to share the lane with me.. and told my buddy to call 911... they said to stay with him.. we were at 84 at that time... and a cop came from the onramp and told us to back off... heard they clocked him at 92 (he sped up) and they hit the lights.. then told me to pull over too.. I was like wtf.. then the cop came back and said "Its good to know we have citizens trying to keep our roads safe... you have a good night." LOL.. so ofcourse I gave the jeep the toot toot salute.. as we drove past
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    awesome. i would have done the same thing. except for maybe the calm-like part
    ah, no reason to get all worked up over a stringy mustache queer... ya kno?

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

I race at the track. It makes things like this far more simple.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    this coming from the guy who posts a 0-120mph run in the AAG. glad to see youre slowing down...
    I said I go slower not slow all the time....when I did my 0-120 run there were no cars in sight well till the very end at least and I NEVER CUT TRAFFIC OFF

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    another thing with scanners is construction zones... they set it up so that your scanner goes off and you slow down thinking there is a cop in the area...
    That's radar, man...Completely independent from scanners. They go after those of us with radar detectors. PA sucks, they have false radar transmitters all over the places.

Black on black
    2003 Bonneville SSEi S/C

Maybe his scanner has a built in radar?

Nope nvm, it's just spaz.

Thread Information