Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    Blown 1996 3.8 L V6

Exclamation VERY SERIOUS!!! -- Please help or spread the word

Hi guys,

Recently I met a really nice girl named Sonia. (Friend of a friend) As her family's web page states, ( www.savesonia.com ) "Six years ago, Sonia Ramos was diagnosed with IgA Nephropathy, a disease that ravaged her kidneys, destroyed her health, and is endangering her life."

--this is not a plea for money! They are looking for someone with a blood/tissue match to donate a kidney--

Time is ticking and she hasn't found a donor yet. The doctors are giving her one year to live. She is on the list for a kidney transplant, but usually it takes up to three years to find a donor! Needless to say her chances of survival are very slim. Please pass on this message, post it in your blogs, other message boards you frequent, help in any way you can. By spreading the word we might reach someone who is willing to help.

www.savesonia.com

Thank you!!!!!

P.S. Moderators, would it be possible to keep this thread on top?

EDIT:
    In an attempt to prove to you she is a real person who truly needs help, here is a link to her MYSpace page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=112734719
    I honestly don't know how else to prove (Online) she is real. I don't know if that will do any good, but I decided to try anyway.
    Last edited by Jana; 02-16-2009 at 11:59 AM.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

legit check?

Black
    Blown 1996 3.8 L V6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    legit check?
    Sorry. Not sure I understand. What do you mean? If this is legit? If that is the question, this is a friend of mine. Her friends and family are trying to get the word out as much as possible. Still looking for a donor. Completely legit.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

legit check?
    No kidding...especially since the OP isn't a regular and the economy is shit. Cute kid and I hope she's ok.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

its not the nature of the cause, but nobody knows who you are and you are making a post that starts off like a lot of scams do. Not saying its impossible its real. I'm just a skeptic of everything these days. I give to local charities and the childrens hospital

Black
    Blown 1996 3.8 L V6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    No kidding...especially since the OP isn't a regular and the economy is shit. Cute kid and I hope she's ok.
    Yeah, bad timing when it comes to asking for help. I understand. I've been part of the Western Members Forum for many years now, but changed my login name last year. Haven't posted much since.

Black
    Blown 1996 3.8 L V6

its not the nature of the cause, but nobody knows who you are and you are making a post that starts off like a lot of scams do. Not saying its impossible its real. I'm just a skeptic of everything these days. I give to local charities and the childrens hospital
    I completely understand. I don't think they're looking for money donations. They're trying to find someone willing to donate a kidney. It's very difficult to find a match and she doesn't have much time left.. so one way of spreading the word quickly is by posting on message boards we frequent (i.e. myspace, facebook, LS1.com, etc. ) The timing really sucks with the bad economy and most people being very sceptical/paranoid,.... but it doesn't change the fact that she needs a kidney.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

IBT

Black
    00 SS Vert#0540/ 14 GMC

Quote Originally Posted by ls1camino View Post
    IBT

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

Ughhh...Booger rings. Why?

Black
    Blown 1996 3.8 L V6

Quote Originally Posted by RoysTransAM View Post
    Ughhh...Booger rings. Why?
    I'm not sure this kind of humor/question is appropriate for this particular post, but thanks for looking.

Black
    1998 Ford F-150

lololololololol

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    I'm not sure this kind of humor/question is appropriate for this particular post, but thanks for looking.
    Well lets see.... you come on here and post this link, I click on it and the first thing I see is that. At that point, I can't wait to get off of the site. So right then and there the person designing the site has just lost a possible person to help. There does that answer your question? Its called marketing. The person that put that picture on there has no marketing skills. The intention of that photo was to draw sympathy, instead it caused nausea. FAIL!

Black
    Blown 1996 3.8 L V6

Quote Originally Posted by RoysTransAM View Post
    Well lets see.... you come on here and post this link, I click on it and the first thing I see is that. At that point, I can't wait to get off of the site. So right then and there the person designing the site has just lost a possible person to help. There does that answer your question? Its called marketing. The person that put that picture on there has no marketing skills. The intention of that photo was to draw sympathy, instead it caused nausea. FAIL!
    So what you're saying is that the only way you'll ever show compassion is if the person in some way looks like you, or has the same taste in clothing/accessories as you do? I would most likely never get a nose ring, but that doesn't mean that people who do have them are not worthy of my compassion. All I need to know is that she is a good person, that she has a young daughter who needs her, and that she has many friends who care deeply about her and would like to have her around for many more years to come.
    I can't force anyone else to care whether she lives or dies, but I know there are people out there and here who may feel generous enough to pass this message onto someone who has the ability to help her.

My request (which I hope people choose to honor) is to remain respectful and not try to turn this post into a joke. That's someone's life on the line, someone's daughter, sister and mother dying. I just don't think it's something to be made fun of. I don't care what you're thinking inside of your head as long as you don't use it to offend people by posting it here. It is incredibly insensitive to state that her photo caused you to become nauseous, even if you feel it's true. If your sister or brother was dying, you were looking for help and I made fun of his/her hair/clothing/jewelry do you think you'd take that lightly? Try to place yourself in someone else's shoes and think hard before you click on the Submit button.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Black
    Blown 1996 3.8 L V6

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Thank you for the link. She is already on the list for donors (though I'm not sure if this is the same list, or something different), but she and her family were told that it would take about three years to find a matching donor. Since she was given only one year to live, she will most likely pass before she has that opportunity. This is all very sudden and things have been very hectic for them in the last couple of weeks. I'll make sure to forward this link to them just in case they haven't looked there. Thanks again!

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I don't know if the link is legit. But I have met Jana and that is her pic in her profile. So she is a real person.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post
    Thank you for the link. She is already on the list for donors (though I'm not sure if this is the same list, or something different), but she and her family were told that it would take about three years to find a matching donor. Since she was given only one year to live, she will most likely pass before she has that opportunity. This is all very sudden and things have been very hectic for them in the last couple of weeks. I'll make sure to forward this link to them just in case they haven't looked there. Thanks again!
    No the link I provided you is not the National Organ List.....it is so folks can connect with thousands of people willing to donate a kidney outside of the "waiting list"......

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    I don't know if the link is legit. But I have met Jana and that is her pic in her profile. So she is a real person.
    Is it Sonia or Jana?

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Jana is legit, i know her. Jana is the one who made the post and she is trying to help Sonia out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information