Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vasectomy

Question Vasectomy

Is that how you spell it?

Id like to know who has gotten it done or if anyone has known anyone that has got it done...

I got to thinking about this.. I dont want kids until I am married. And I figured that when I was married, at some point in time, the wife and I would go to the doctors office and get this shit reveresed (unless noted by you guys) when we decided to have kids. Until then, why chance it?

However..!

Does it hurt?
    Do you cum as hard and as much?
    Reversible 100%?
    How much is it?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

My understanding is that its painful, not as reversible as most people think, and you really dont wanna have to go through it twice anyways. I would definitely put a vasectomy under the "never want kids" or "already have 4 of the lil monsters and dont want more" categories. My 2 cents

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

there are cases where reverse doesnt work anymore. Thats why they recomend that you visit the sperm bank. you still shoot the same stuff, just minus the actual Sperm.

Why anyone would voluntarily let anyone, with a very sharp object, play with their balls is beyond me.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

as far as i know, success rate for reversing it is low. not sure exactly why, but let me see if i can find some stats.

black
    2002 WS6

Um you coulds also be smart and just use oh I dunno Condoms and the say the pill? Cheaper and just as effective when used right, with no pain.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

just read something about anti-sperm antibodies forming after a vasectomy.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovasostomy

that's the wiki on the reversal of a vasectomy.

Red
    89 Formula

I had it done Feb this year and I will not lie. I fall under the " I have 3 of the lil darlings and I definitely don't want or need anymore" category.

To answer your questions from my point of view: It hurts after the procedure is done for a few days. No heavy lifting for a couple of weeks.

During the procedure, One side is done at a time so, you are injected in the scrotum with an anesthetic similar to novacaine but a little stronger, AND IF it's cold in the room you are in and the Boys are hiding, then the doctor will tug at them to get the injection in the right places. That happened to me and honestly, that hurt the most out of the whole procedure. It gets numb and then they start. The initial injection stings pretty hard. The cutting of the tube I didn't feel. They clamp the ends of the tubes with a very small metallic clamp so that the tubes fuse and don't get a chance to reconnect. The stitches--I felt at the tugging but nothing else. The anesthetic wears off in a couple of hours. You are given a prescription for a mild pain killer like Ibuprofen 800mg. It takes the edge off the pain but still feel the pain/soreness. I used a bag of frozen peas for the swelling and bed rest for a couple of days. You will need at least 3 days off from work or school. you'll be warned to relieve yourself about 13 times before you submit a sample for a sperm count.

My Doctor said he definitely doesn't condone reversal because it has a very low success rate and is painful during the healing process and throughout the rest of your life. Ghost pains are very common because of the nerves being damamged, healed and then damaged again.

BUT THE BENEFITS ARE AWESOME! No more little fish swimming upstream to populate. It feels the same. smells the same. texture is a little more liquidy. Only wear a condom to save your partner from the mess. And disease ofcourse, if you are promiscuous.

If this is for you, then Be a Man and go get it done.

Hopethis helps. I know I was too honest in some aspects but you asked and I thought you should know the whole picture.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

I considered it when I was younger, but never did it. You know why? Because if you are single, and attractive enough to have more than one sex partner, you still should probably use the physical protection of a good latex condom. Pregnancy isn't the worst thing lurking out there in the bushes. So to speak.

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    I considered it when I was younger, but never did it. You know why? Because if you are single, and attractive enough to have more than one sex partner, you still should probably use the physical protection of a good latex condom. Pregnancy isn't the worst thing lurking out there in the bushes. So to speak.
    in which case, vasectomies do not save you from disease...i know everyone knows that, but condoms will still be needed for promiscuity.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

Quote Originally Posted by jknelms View Post
    in which case, vasectomies do not save you from disease...i know everyone knows that, but condoms will still be needed for promiscuity.
    That's right.

We're not implying that Akira needs to still use condoms because he's gay or anything. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

i have known two to have it done

one guy walked out five minutes later no problem and the other's balls swelled up like grapefruit and was out of commision for a few days

i would say it probably depends on the person

but you would be nuts to have it done if you want kids one day

why put your buddy under the knife twice

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Is that how you spell it?

Id like to know who has gotten it done or if anyone has known anyone that has got it done...

I got to thinking about this.. I dont want kids until I am married. And I figured that when I was married, at some point in time, the wife and I would go to the doctors office and get this shit reveresed (unless noted by you guys) when we decided to have kids. Until then, why chance it?

However..!

Does it hurt?
    Do you cum as hard and as much?
    Reversible 100%?
    How much is it?

I have had it done, don't do it until you are done reproducing. It can be reversible, sometimes, but use a rubber until then. Most insurance will not cover the reversal, I am pretty sure.

My experience was pretty good, my balls did not swell, I did not have to shave for this, I did it on Friday afternoon and by Sunday I was fine. I used it as a nice excuse to lay around and watch movies, and have my wife hover over my desires. Now I have her check for the scar, and ask her to give the scar some special treatment.

I was mostly worried about getting wood when the nurse came in....

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    I was mostly worried about getting wood when the nurse came in....
    Why, was it a guy nurse?

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Why, was it a guy nurse?

Too Old For Your Crap. kmassner's Avatar

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

A guy I worked with learned the following lesson:

Don't ride your Harley to your vasectomy.

NBM
    99 TA

what my question is, is why can't they make a birth control pill for men? You can't trust a woman to take that shit on a regular basis.

Another day Another 5th ARM5280's Avatar

Black
    Murdered 2006 GMC Sierra

I had it done almost four years ago. Yes it is painful but not any worse than a good kick in the balls once a day for a week. The stats are that within ten years of procedure it is 98% reversible. My Vasectomy only cost me a co-pay of $50 a visit ($100 total) I was supposed to go back and give a sample to make sure it worked however after A LOT of field testing doc did a good job. Here in Raleigh there is one of the top rated reversal doctors he is actually really affordable. Ive seen reversals running 20k, the guy here has a 98%+ and charges under 6K. Trust me I've got a kid and the weeks worth of pain is a breeze compared to diaper changes etc. LOL. Haven't had to seriuosly consider a reversal yet...but who knows what the future may hold. Good luck! Hope my input helped (no pun intended)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information