Why does so many people hate USC? time to hear all of your excuses

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i'm an ohio state fan.

enough said.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Overrated, overexposed, play in a weak conference.

Just a modern day version of Notre Dame.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post

but still get it done.

Red with Silver Stripes
    2002 Camaro SS LE

I hate them because I went to Oregon. Since they play every year and USC has been winning for the last several years...I gotta hate them.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Utah beat Oregon state and went undefeated

USC lost to Oregon state, yet media members still talk about USC potentially being #1 in the AP. There is no valid reason why USC should finish ahead of Utah in the polls this year. I foresee USC finishing ahead of Utah in the AP just because of b/s politics. Thats why I hate USC, too many USC nutswingers in the media.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 01-07-2009 at 07:06 AM.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Not me! I'm a USC fan. Always have been. When they come here to Tempe to play ASU I always get out and root for them (I live ~1 mile from Sun Devil stadium). This usually gets disapproving looks and comments from the ASU crowd.

FWIW, while I now live in Tempe I'm orginally from Los Angeles, hence my liking of the University of Spoiled Children...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I hate Sanchez. I hate Pete Carroll. USC talks so much shit but they would never hang with OU or UF.

99' 30th Ann TA

I think they're a good team, but WAY overrated... They need to toughen up their schedule if they wanna back up all the hype.... Till they start playing decent teams (better than OSU), I my respect for them wont equal all the bs hype they create...
    30th Anniversary Trans Am #0998
    B&B triflow exhaust, American Racing Headers, RPM Level V T-56, RPS clutch, LS6 intake, P&P TB, Hotchkis lower trailing, Panard Rod, Tower Brace, SFC's, and Swar Bar Kit, BMR Lowering Springs, HAL Adjustable Shocks and Coilovers, Powerslot Rotors

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Agreed, but would just like to add that if they played in a conference such as the SEC they would be considered average.

99' 30th Ann TA

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    Agreed, but would just like to add that if they played in a conference such as the SEC they would be considered average.
    If they played any schedule in the SEC they most definitely would be fighting to even be in the top 25

Red
    1999 Trans Am

If they played in a conference like the Big XII or SEC they would be above average..
    I tend to remember them destroying OU 55-19 and the very next year only losing to Texas by three points in a good game...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I agree with what a lot of people are saying .. We dont hate USC we just hate the way the MEDIA always says they are the greatest thing no matter what they do ..

Nothing special
    Nothing special

There's alot of people in 'power' in the media that are USC grads. They get more (over)hype and more (over)exposure than any team out there besides ND.

Bill Mussberger or whatever his name is was pretty much giving the entire team a blowjob the entire game when they played Penn State...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

There's alot of people in 'power' in the media that are USC grads. They get more (over)hype and more (over)exposure than any team out there besides ND.

Bill Mussberger or whatever his name is was pretty much giving the entire team a blowjob the entire game when they played Penn State...
    There is no pretty much about, the only time Brent Musburger was quiet was when he was swallowing a load.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    I agree with what a lot of people are saying .. We dont hate USC we just hate the way the MEDIA always says they are the greatest thing no matter what they do ..

Carroll is a damn good coach, I have a lot of respect for his performance. Media needs to STFU though.

just a bunch of arrogant future criminals and deadbeat dads

Red with Silver Stripes
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Utah beat Oregon state and went undefeated

USC lost to Oregon state, yet media members still talk about USC potentially being #1 in the AP. There is no valid reason why USC should finish ahead of Utah in the polls this year. I foresee USC finishing ahead of Utah in the AP just because of b/s politics. Thats why I hate USC, too many USC nutswingers in the media.
    I think USC should finish ahead of Utah because they are a better team. I;m not a USC fan, but they are better. It's true that Utah beat Oregon State...and Oregon State beat USC, but that doesn't mean Utah is better than USC. That's circular logic.

The only ranked teams that Utah beat all season were TCU and BYU...neither of whom are that great. Sure, TCU beat Boise State...but who did they Boise beat. BYU got destroyed by Arizona (who lost to USC). I know Utah beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and Alabama played terrible (without their best player in Andre Smith).

We need a playoff, plain and simple to solve all of this. Utah is a fine team, probably top 5 (they will certainly be ranked that high, but I don't know if they deserve it). I figure Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, and USC are all easily better that Utah.

I'd like to see Utah play Oregon. Using circular logic...Utah beat Oregon State by 3 (at Utah) and Oregon beat Oregon State by 27 (at Oregon State). Lets see Utah come to Autzen Stadium and win...hell, the Ducks would clobber them on the road.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroDMD View Post
    I think USC should finish ahead of Utah because they are a better team. I;m not a USC fan, but they are better. It's true that Utah beat Oregon State...and Oregon State beat USC, but that doesn't mean Utah is better than USC. That's circular logic.

The only ranked teams that Utah beat all season were TCU and BYU...neither of whom are that great. Sure, TCU beat Boise State...but who did they Boise beat. BYU got destroyed by Arizona (who lost to USC). I know Utah beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl and Alabama played terrible (without their best player in Andre Smith).

We need a playoff, plain and simple to solve all of this. Utah is a fine team, probably top 5 (they will certainly be ranked that high, but I don't know if they deserve it). I figure Florida, Oklahoma, Texas, and USC are all easily better that Utah and college football needs some form of a playoff to decide its champion at the end of the year instead of drawing names out of a hat.

I'd like to see Utah play Oregon. Using circular logic...Utah beat Oregon State by 3 (at Utah) and Oregon beat Oregon State by 27 (at Oregon State). Lets see Utah come to Autzen Stadium and win...hell, the Ducks would clobber them on the road.
    You can set there and say you think USC is a better team than Utah but you realistically don't know that. Thats just your opinion. I don't know which team is better either, because they have not played each on the field late in the season. Utah has a better resume than USC and since college football decides its championships by computers/journalists/nerds/voting/politics Utah should finish ahead of USC by virtue of a better resume. Utah has wins over 3 ranked teams and probably will be 4 as Oregon state will probably finish as a ranked team. USC has wins over 4 ranked teams as well. Comparable resumes, but bottom line, no one has been able to beat Utah this year.

Red with Silver Stripes
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You can set there and say you think USC is a better team than Utah but you realistically don't know that. Thats just your opinion. I don't know which team is better either, because they have not played each on the field late in the season. Utah has a better resume than USC and since college football decides its championships by computers/journalists/nerds/voting/politics Utah should finish ahead of USC by virtue of a better resume. Utah has wins over 3 ranked teams and probably will be 4 as Oregon state will probably finish as a ranked team. USC has wins over 4 ranked teams as well. Comparable resumes, but bottom line, no one has been able to beat Utah this year.
    One thing you haven't considered is the level of talent in their respective conferences compared to the rest of the country. The Pac-10 has posted a 5-0 record on bowl games this season while the Mountain West is 3-2. That is clear evidence that the Pac-10 is much stronger competition than the Mountain West.

I don't know that USC is better than Utah as an absolute fact, that's true. They haven't played. But, from what I have seen...USC has had a harder road.

There is nobody out there that would like to see a playoff more than I. I don't care if USC or Utah is better...I really don't. But, what bothers me is that small conference schools (like Utah) will NEVER be able to compete for a national title with the current system. That isn't fair. We need a national tournament that gives an automatic bid to all conference champions. That way, every year even the small conferences have a shot to win it all. Therefore, IMHO...the 8 team playoff a lot of people like is too small. I feel that a 24 team bracket is the way to go...this would give the top 8 a first round bye and there would be automatic conference champion bids (regardless of rank) and the rest of the bracket could be filled with "wild card" teams using the next highest ranked in a national poll.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information