View Poll Results: Would you race cross country in a gamblers race? $1500 entry

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Definately

3 11.11%
  • Maybe

4 14.81%
  • Would love to but the wife would kill me.

4 14.81%
  • No fucking way!!

16 59.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

red
    00 camaro ss

Usa cannonball run type race.

Well me and a few of my buds are thinking of organizing a "cannonball run" type race, from coast to coast. It would probably be a $1500 entry fee. Just putting this out there to see how many people would be interested in this. Please If you belong to other forums feel free to drop this in there forum.

1966 Corvette Coupe

Na... how bad would you feel when a couple of ppl died... or lost thier cars... or killed other ppl just because of some dumb ass race... would i do it if there werent ppl on the road... hell yeah... but i try to keep it under 100 on the hiways...

-me

red
    00 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by predator
    Na... how bad would you feel when a couple of ppl died... or lost thier cars... or killed other ppl just because of some dumb ass race... would i do it if there werent ppl on the road... hell yeah... but i try to keep it under 100 on the hiways...

-me
    good point, but I believe everything happens for a reason!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sscrazy
    Well me and a few of my buds are thinking of organizing a "cannonball run" type race, from coast to coast. It would probably be a $1500 entry fee. Just putting this out there to see how many people would be interested in this. Please If you belong to other forums feel free to drop this in there forum.
    Ummm i thought they did USA cannonball runs have you seen any of the videos?, also im pretty sure some states if they catch you doing that type of thing will take your car and D.L. You would also be held accountable for any accident that happened.

Also i thought most of the people who do those runs are rich, with a high priced lawyer ready to bail them out, and able to pay off the huge fines they get from state to state while speeding.

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

sounds like fun but no f'ing way!

Red
    93 Camaro V6(I know lame)

Quote Originally Posted by Motrv8d Steve
    sounds like fun but no f'ing way!
    x2

2001 Pewter SS

I'll drive .. that'll be a for sure win ..

2001 Pewter SS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus
    Ummm i thought they did USA cannonball runs have you seen any of the videos?, also im pretty sure some states if they catch you doing that type of thing will take your car and D.L. You would also be held accountable for any accident that happened.

Also i thought most of the people who do those runs are rich, with a high priced lawyer ready to bail them out, and able to pay off the huge fines they get from state to state while speeding.
    DUHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!
    Thats why its a Cannonball.

mwhbossman1983
    If you all remember I tried to get this to happen 2 years a go on here (mwhtransam was my old name), I ended up getting nothing ............................Like 34 head when I needed like 50 to make everything work out. Its not cheap, research you need to organize a lot of stuff. hotel, routes, checkpoints,etc. Oh and the popo is always an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by sscrazy
    good point, but I believe everything happens for a reason!!!
    So basically you'd be ok with killing a family of four on a highway because you were in an illegal coast to coast race because "things happen for a reason."

Wow, what possible reason could you come up for that??

Quote Originally Posted by Big D Z
    So basically you'd be ok with killing a family of four on a highway because you were in an illegal coast to coast race because "things happen for a reason."

damn, you beat me to it...........WTF is he thinking, seriously. You can't expect people to be OK with killing people just because you want to have a damn street race........its not like people driving down the freeway need to be killed just because of a jackass idea like this..............Thats why they made it a MOVIE, why not organize something like this on the autobahn where it would be somewhat legal and not cost some innocent freeway riders their lives. It would be a great idea if something like this was organized safely on closed roads, but that isn't gonna happen.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

they have these races all of the time there was even a documented one on Mtv recently.. Some people are modest and dont have alot of money but for the most part its cars that cost on average at least $60 grand and up. Ferrari's, Porsche's, Lambo's, Jaguar's, Aston Martin's, Bmw's... ITs up to you if you go balls to the wall and speed but for the most part it isnt like the movie "Cannonball Run". You have checkpoints. Mapped out .. And its left to you to navigate .. some get lost .. some find shortcuts.. and yes some speed .. but not the entire damn trip .. Be realistic.. Ive driven cross country 5 times now.. From Virginia To Las Vegas and back .. 2500 mile round trip ..

Id do it in a heartbeat but you better be well prepared for it because it isnt like a trip to the beach ..

Youve got construction .. accidents.. numerous weather hazards.... COPSSSSSSS specially in the southern states ARE DIRTY ASSHOLES lol their sneaky .. hide in places unimaginable.. Once you get out west in New mexico ..Arizona.. Nevada.. Prt of Texas .. straight flat road as far as you can see .. no where for cops to hide ..

anyways ... itd be cool .. especially if you won .. but its a hard ass trip on you .. the car especially .. drivin it balls out at those speeds and for that period of time ..and with gas prices now as high as they are .. especially out here in the west .. its not realistic unless you have a small fortune stockpiled somewhere..

Google search though you can find them on the net .. to enter

Check this site out this is the real one that still goes on
    http://www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk/
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Oh and by the way The real cannonball run in the usa is being held... july29th -august4th sign up is $10 grand.. its all in the site as well and in their forum

red
    00 camaro ss

[QUOTE=Aerialist]I'll drive .. that'll be a for sure win ..

[/QUO
    is that a challenge?

red
    00 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr
    they have these races all of the time there was even a documented one on Mtv recently.. Some people are modest and dont have alot of money but for the most part its cars that cost on average at least $60 grand and up. Ferrari's, Porsche's, Lambo's, Jaguar's, Aston Martin's, Bmw's... ITs up to you if you go balls to the wall and speed but for the most part it isnt like the movie "Cannonball Run". You have checkpoints. Mapped out .. And its left to you to navigate .. some get lost .. some find shortcuts.. and yes some speed .. but not the entire damn trip .. Be realistic.. Ive driven cross country 5 times now.. From Virginia To Las Vegas and back .. 2500 mile round trip ..

Id do it in a heartbeat but you better be well prepared for it because it isnt like a trip to the beach ..

Youve got construction .. accidents.. numerous weather hazards.... COPSSSSSSS specially in the southern states ARE DIRTY ASSHOLES lol their sneaky .. hide in places unimaginable.. Once you get out west in New mexico ..Arizona.. Nevada.. Prt of Texas .. straight flat road as far as you can see .. no where for cops to hide ..

anyways ... itd be cool .. especially if you won .. but its a hard ass trip on you .. the car especially .. drivin it balls out at those speeds and for that period of time ..and with gas prices now as high as they are .. especially out here in the west .. its not realistic unless you have a small fortune stockpiled somewhere..

Google search though you can find them on the net .. to enter

Check this site out this is the real one that still goes on
    http://www.cannonballruneurope.co.uk/
    thanx.

red
    00 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Liquifire
    damn, you beat me to it...........WTF is he thinking, seriously. You can't expect people to be OK with killing people just because you want to have a damn street race........its not like people driving down the freeway need to be killed just because of a jackass idea like this..............Thats why they made it a MOVIE, why not organize something like this on the autobahn where it would be somewhat legal and not cost some innocent freeway riders their lives. It would be a great idea if something like this was organized safely on closed roads, but that isn't gonna happen.

red
    00 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Big D Z

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

That is the dumbest things in auto sports. I have no respect for jack-offs that think it's a good idea to drive like morons and endanger other people.

If i hear your race is coming through my part of the country i'm going to be waiting with spike strips. Hey, if you pop your tires and spin out and slam face first into a tree, as i'm laughing i'll say "Everything happens for a reason. Now hurry up and die so i can fuck your wife."

Pewter
    2002 Z28 M6

If youre interested in this type of racing, check out the Silver State Challenge, held every year in Elko, Nevada. They have a website.
    Bowtie good! Blue oval not so good! Bob in the PRK

red
    00 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan
    That is the dumbest things in auto sports. I have no respect for jack-offs that think it's a good idea to drive like morons and endanger other people.

If i hear your race is coming through my part of the country i'm going to be waiting with spike strips. Hey, if you pop your tires and spin out and slam face first into a tree, as i'm laughing i'll say "Everything happens for a reason. Now hurry up and die so i can fuck your wife."
    Dude you are a fucking moron. Why does everyone worry about what might happen? Fucking cry babies!! Get a life loser. Hurry up and die??? Now who is the asshole? And you couldnt handle my wife. You drippy ass fist cunt!!!!!!!!!!!! Eat shit!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information