Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

US/South Korea Live Fire Drill = Awesome

LOL North Korea...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I was in Korea from 74-75. We did a similar live fire exercise at a place called Nightmare Range. As I was in the Infantry I played the part of one of the troops getting landed at the objective. You loaded up on all the 5.56 ammo you could carry and shot at targets that were positioned in front of you.

As a bonus we got to watch when the other units performed...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Ahh the fun times.....sorta miss them.

Around the 3:15 with the Longbows you'll see the shells dropping. Picture being below that with it hovering about 100ft above you. Had that hot brass raining down on me.

Also the fast rope guys. You gotta understand you have to have balls, serious balls. That's about 100-130ft hover and the only thing holding you to that rope are your gloved hands and boots. Your boots control your descent. If you have too loose you fall, to tight your buddy above you lands on you and you both fall. I've only done it twice.

red
    95 Z28

It's interesting if you do some reading on NK's current military status. Perhaps one of their most feared elements is an artillery strike on Seoul. The US' counter-battery capability is so good now though that their artillery forces would be wiped out with little damage to Seoul. Beyond that, their troops are starving, and very few of them would be able to sustain any kind of fight for any length of time at all. A front line NK Air Force pilot lives on ~550 calories on non-flying days, and gets upped to like 850 calories when they're doing flight ops. And that's a damn air force pilot, pretty high up on the totem pole in the military. I'd be a mess if I had to live on that for any length of time, even 850 calories. That isn't shit. Imagine what the ground forces get.

Aside a minor local nuclear threat which still isn't really verified, any war with the North would be over in hours. They have like one or two squadrons of attack aircraft, that would probably be destroyed before they got off the ground. Their artillery poses little threat. Their ground forces would get annihilated if they even decided they wanted to fight.

That's why NK will continue to occasionally rattle the saber in an attempt to stay relevant, although I'm pretty sure everybody's just laughing at them at this point.

Navy Blue Metallic

Today (well the last 2-3 decades) it's not the NK army we have to worry about. You're right in that their artillery is pretty much a one shot pony. Same goes with anything on both sides of the DMZ. What keeps SK from heading north and kicking the shit out of NK is China. China uses NK as a buffer zone. That's the only reason. They've been cutting back over the yrs and also getting tired of NK bs.

I'm beginning to think NK's nuke program is like Saddam H.

Also the ROK army is no joke. They are some tough mofo's. All the SK soldiers on the DMZ are around 6ft, built like a brick shit house and are very lethal in martial arts. I went to a couple of their Physical Training sessions and damn, full contact Tae Kwon Do with no pads.

red
    95 Z28

China does a ton of trade With South Korea. This isn't Mao's China anymore. North Korea, on the other hand, just costs China money. While China would almost certainly publicly condemn any action against Best Korea, they aren't going to actually respond with any force. Having a United Korea would actually help with trade in that part of the world. The hardest part of it wouldn't be someone steamrolling the current regime. Or even the political or economic ramifications. It would be trying to integrate North Koreans into he modern world. Those poor people have been living in a brainwashed state of mind in a shithole state for so long, that it would take a lot of time.
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

Navy Blue Metallic

US/South Korea Live Fire Drill = Awesome

100% agree. There would also be some serious backlash against the NK govt once the ppl see the truth.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Thread Information