Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Urban Meyer stepping down from UF

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

yea was just reading that ...WOW just wow ...

Current best: 10.60/126.8
    1998 Pontiac TA WS6

wow, didn't see that coming..

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

maybe we can steal Kelly from ND .....lol

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Not surprised really, if his health is as bad as being reported, he needs to dump stress from his life and find peace in his luck. Good luck to him and hopefully his health improves soon. I am sure he doesn't need money for a while, so why jeopardize his life/health/family with a bunch of stress.

Before/if any Bob Stoops rumors going to Florida begin, I will say it wont effing happen either.

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Just read about this. Completely stunned. And as an Alabama fan, I'm really kind of sad to see him go. I was looking forward to several years of Saban v Meyer, the two absolute best coaches anywhere.

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Stoops to Florida! Don't even question it...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Huskerz1 View Post
    Stoops to Florida! Don't even question it...
    Bastard

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Before/if any Bob Stoops rumors going to Florida begin, I will say it wont effing happen either.
    Oddly enough...

Stoops was in Tuscaloosa early this past week. Now, Saban and Stoops have a history of talking football, of being very close friends. They talked, met face to face actually, this past summer to talk defense on beating UF. One could easily assume they met on Saban's nickel to talk defense on beating Texas.

However, Stoops could have also been in town to talk coaching in the SEC, if one of the two got wind of Meyer stepping down. Stoops has been in the SEC before as DC for UF under Spurrier, so he's familiar with it from the inside already.

Iiiiinteresting.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Tide View Post
    Oddly enough...

Stoops was in Tuscaloosa early this past week. Now, Saban and Stoops have a history of talking football, of being very close friends. They talked, met face to face actually, this past summer to talk defense on beating UF. One could easily assume they met on Saban's nickel to talk defense on beating Texas.

However, Stoops could have also been in town to talk coaching in the SEC, if one of the two got wind of Meyer stepping down. Stoops has been in the SEC before as DC for UF under Spurrier, so he's familiar with it from the inside already.

Iiiiinteresting.

I will make this short and sweet. Several NFL teams have tried to lure Stoops out of Norman, as have many other prestigious college programs. Stoops is happy in Norman. He has stated he wants to always be here. He has no desire to go anywhere else. I am full aware he was the DC at Florida as well. He has ZERO interest in leaving Norman. Stoops has also been hitting the recruiting trail as well

Him and Saban are close like you mentioned. I am rather sure he probably does not want Texass winning a BCS title, he probably is giving Saban tips on Texass. Saban/Bama really won't need much tips to defeat Texass though, its a real simple process. Texass has no running game and a mediocre o-line(at best). Bama has the same stingy defense OU and Nebraska has. Unless Bama plays god awful offense(meaning they can't score a damn point), they should blister Texass.

Current best: 10.60/126.8
    1998 Pontiac TA WS6

I will make this short and sweet. Several NFL teams have tried to lure Stoops out of Norman, as have many other prestigious college programs. Stoops is happy in Norman. He has stated he wants to always be here. He has no desire to go anywhere else. I am full aware he was the DC at Florida as well. He has ZERO interest in leaving Norman. Stoops has also been hitting the recruiting trail as well

Him and Saban are close like you mentioned. I am rather sure he probably does not want Texass winning a BCS title, he probably is giving Saban tips on Texass. Saban/Bama really won't need much tips to defeat Texass though, its a real simple process. Texass has no running game and a mediocre o-line(at best). Bama has the same stingy defense OU and Nebraska has. Unless Bama plays god awful offense(meaning they can't score a damn point), they should blister Texass.
    Agree with everything you say. I wish I had $1 for every time Stoops has been mentioned for a NFL/College coaching position (and turned it down). OU will up the ante no matter what offer comes Stoops way, guaranteed. They will make it impossible for Stoops to leave.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

I read that he contracted HIV.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

I'm glad coach meyer thought about his family and didn't want to further jepardize his health.sad to see him step down,but he has won evething,got plenty of money,why not retire at 45? Sure as hell hope I can! Props to coach meyer for putting family first!

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Stoops still has alot of ties to Florida, and not just the university. He loves the area, knows the high school coaches, and has a vacation house he goes to every chance he gets.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Stoops back at UF. Especially if they toss 4.5+ million a year at him.

The only thing I could see happening is him ultimately saying, 'You know, I can stay here in the Big 12 and be one of the top dogs, make almost the same amount of money and I can go to the SEC, and make a little more money, and have to put up with the ultracompetitive, eat your young, meatgrinder that is SEC.'

If it were me? I'd stay in the Big 12.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL...couple of things here...
    1. Why would anybody take advice from Bob Stoops on how to beat Mack Brown and Texas? isnt that like asking Sen Kerry how to beat GW Bush in an election?
    2. You sound just like USC fans in 2005....Texas has no chance...they have no "O" line blah blah blah. We'll see......
    Mack Brown forgot more about recruiting and coaching than Bob Stoops will ever know. Brown>Stoops

Black
    99 SS Vert M6

Sarge,

Texas has no O line, no run game, and most of all...NO VY!! This ain't 2005 and Colt ain't no VY.
    Oh, and another thing, Ingram won't be trying a lateral ala Reggie Bush style. Saban will punt on 4th down if it comes to that same scenario also.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Yeah they have nothing...that is why they are undefeated and playing for the national championship...because they have nothing....

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Stoops to Florida!

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Hell it is all bullshit.....Urban Meyer is just gonna take a leave of absence now.....

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Update: Meyers not retiring, hes just taking a year off, and the offensive coordinator will be acting head coach for next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information