Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Update on my situation!!!

This is a discussion on Update on my situation!!! within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Well for anyone that remembers my situation, my GF is pregnant and I found out before thanksgiving. She takes meds ...

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Talking Update on my situation!!!

Well for anyone that remembers my situation, my GF is pregnant and I found out before thanksgiving. She takes meds for epilipsy (spell?). Well we got a hold of her doctor and her first appt is on Monday 12/1/08. The doc said the pills he put her on, he did for a reason in case this were to happen. He told us out of a 100 or so patients, he has not seen a birth defect yet so that is excellent news If the baby were by some chance to have a birth defect it would more then likely be a clef pallet (if anyone knows what that is) but it can be fixed by plastic surgery. My sisters kids have all had kids and am looking at getting mucho shit (ie....Cribs, car seats, clothing, etc...) So this more then likely means I get to keep my car and other various toys which I was willing to get rid of to do what I must do. With insurance, everythings paid for except meds which is only $3 a pop. Diapers and formula is all we have to take on for the first year or so. Damn we are soooooo happy, our parents are extremely happy also, first grand kid for both sides. I can't really express my thoughts in words To all the people on here that had nice words to say, and support, thank you all very very much.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

2004,2008 triumph 675 SE

Congrats man that's great freaking news.My wife is an RN and I told her about it she worked in a pediatric office for 4 years,she was saying they usally are okay.We said a prayer for you anyhow.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Congratulations!

A cleft palate is often referred to as a "Hare Lip".

Very easily remedied with plastic surgery nowadays.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    Congratulations!

A cleft palate is often referred to as a "Hare Lip".

Very easily remedied with plastic surgery nowadays.
    So if its a boy, he may look like Stallone. But on a serious note, thanks for the info and correct spelling. Boy am I new to this shit

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

A disorder will NOT change how you feel about your child.
    Don't even allow it to be a thought....it won't make a damn bit of difference!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    A disorder will NOT change how you feel about your child.
    Don't even allow it to be a thought....it won't make a damn bit of difference!
    I know that, didn't want to it to seem like that. We both have just been so stressed out because even though it won't change how we feel, it would make a very tough job, even tougher. Hope that makes sense, so very new to this and so very much going on. But I agree with you Mr. Luos

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Congrats you're lucky you get to keep your toys-for now.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Good to hear bro! If I was you i'd still do some research on the exact med she's on...there might still be a better one for the baby. Some hippie docs will say anything to make sure you don't abort.
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 11-29-2008 at 06:28 PM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I know that, didn't want to it to seem like that. We both have just been so stressed out because even though it won't change how we feel, it would make a very tough job, even tougher. Hope that makes sense, so very new to this and so very much going on. But I agree with you Mr. Luos
    Sorry.

Didn't mean to sound like it would change how you felt about the child. Just making a statement.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Thanks very much everyone. Still going ahead with H/C/and various other goodies. Expected time for the car to be completed is summer of 2010. Its a long way off, but with damn near a frame up restoration its going to take a while. My snowmobile is completed and such so thats staying regardless, and I get more fun out of my sled then my car any day, any car for that matter. (If you haven't ridden on one, I highly SUGGEST you do). If its a boy, within the first few years I am going to try to get the little fella a mini snowmobile and dirt bike/atv. If its a girl, a sniper rifle and chasity belt (spell?)

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

^^^

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Well for anyone that remembers my situation, my GF is pregnant and I found out before thanksgiving. She takes meds for epilipsy (spell?). Well we got a hold of her doctor and her first appt is on Monday 12/1/08. The doc said the pills he put her on, he did for a reason in case this were to happen. He told us out of a 100 or so patients, he has not seen a birth defect yet so that is excellent news If the baby were by some chance to have a birth defect it would more then likely be a clef pallet (if anyone knows what that is) but it can be fixed by plastic surgery. My sisters kids have all had kids and am looking at getting mucho shit (ie....Cribs, car seats, clothing, etc...) So this more then likely means I get to keep my car and other various toys which I was willing to get rid of to do what I must do. With insurance, everythings paid for except meds which is only $3 a pop. Diapers and formula is all we have to take on for the first year or so. Damn we are soooooo happy, our parents are extremely happy also, first grand kid for both sides. I can't really express my thoughts in words To all the people on here that had nice words to say, and support, thank you all very very much.
    Oh, that's all???? You're gonna shit when you see how much that stuff costs you a month and the diapers don't go away for a couple of years and they get pricey too. I'm not even gonna start on clothes. Sure, you'll get a lot of free stuff but your GF is gonna start picking stuff up at the store because it was "cute" and/or "on sale". Congrats on the good news. Having kids is awesome. It's tough as hell for a while but gets easier after a while.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Not that it will happen to you but a friend of mine had 2 ferrari 308's before his first child. One was cherry the other was going to be a race car he didn't finish the race car before the baby and it sat for years before he sold both of them, might want to hustle that build.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Good to hear bro! If I was you i'd still do some research on the exact med she's on...there might still be a better one for the baby. Some hippie docs will say anything to make sure you don't abort.
    Have did some research, and know she can't breast feed for sure, it does more damage that way. Still will be looking out though, thanks. And Mr. Luos its totally cool, I wasn't affended or mad, just didn't want people to percieve (spell?) the wrong thing about my situation. Happy to hear your comments

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Oh, that's all???? You're gonna shit when you see how much that stuff costs you a month and the diapers don't go away for a couple of years and they get pricey too. I'm not even gonna start on clothes. Sure, you'll get a lot of free stuff but your GF is gonna start picking stuff up at the store because it was "cute" and/or "on sale". Congrats on the good news. Having kids is awesome. It's tough as hell for a while but gets easier after a while.
    Wasn't trying to say that stuff is cheap, I know it isn't, not even close. But with all thats been going on, its the least of our worries. Like I stated in a earlier post, she can't breast feed so formula is the only way to go. We have our baby fund, I have my car fund, and other then that, we pay our bills and are working on a plan to help with the needed funds to pay for this shit. If I can balance it all out perfect, I can balance the national budget and will be running for Pres in 2020

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

...percieve (spell?)....
    Since you asked:

1. A mnemonic to help you remember the convention:
    "I" before "E",
    except after "C",
    or when sounded as "A",
    as in neighbor and weigh.

The correct spelling is perceive.....

2. Congratz on being "pregnant"!

3. Yeah, I can be a spelling Nazi on occasion..... But you did ask....

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Since you asked:

1. A mnemonic to help you remember the convention:
    "I" before "E",
    except after "C",
    or when sounded as "A",
    as in neighbor and weigh.

The correct spelling is perceive.....

2. Congratz on being "pregnant"!

3. Yeah, I can be a spelling Nazi on occasion..... But you did ask....
    Thanks sir, not doing to well on spelling at the moment it seems. Oh well, maybe time to get a dictionary

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

great news, you'll be very, very busy.....

Silver
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    great news, you'll be very, very busy.....
    Hell yeah. i was a zombie at work for about 4 months after my boy was born. Its the greatest thing in the world though. Congrats on everything turning out Ok

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information