Red
    2000 Trans Am

Undercover Firebird!

So yesterday I saw an undercover police car that I've never seen before. Usually you see the mustangs & chargers BUT on the interstate yesterday I saw a 3rd gen bright yellow firebird cruiser. I saw it driving really slow behind another guy and then he turned on his lights (windows were limo dark too!) and bam he pulled the guy over! Not sure if anyone else has seen uncommon undercover cars but I thought it was cool enough to share!

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Texas State Police used to use IrocZ for hwy interceptors in the 90's. They used to use Mustangs then when the Irocs came out they dropped them like 10lb bag of shit on fire. It wouldn't surprise me that some are still around. But most likely in your case it could have been a police seizure vehicle that they converted so they have something that most ppl would over look as a possible police car.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

MD State Police have the common ones like Chargers and Mustangs.

Some recent one's I've seen are a 04+ Grand Prix, Silverado, Blazer, and the worst...a Ford Freestar

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Here in Ga I've seen 4th-gen Z28s and Dodge Magnums, as well as the more common Mustangs and Chargers as you say...

Navy Blue Metallic

In my area, city has the Crown Vics, Sheriff uses Chargers, State has a wide mix, Crown Vics, Chargers, Magnums, Tahoe, Chevy Pick up Trucks and some Impalas.

Last summer had a couple of Sheriffs (fellow gear heads) talking with me about my T/A. Both stated how under power the Chargers are and both agree that our LS1s would rape them on a chase. They said that the only chance they would have would be radio ahead for spikes or dash cam to get a plate and pick up later. One had told me they had a Camaro 6 months prior that had ran from a DUI stop. Camaro just ran, his Charger never could keep up. They only caught him because of radio and strips. After the chase he swore the car had some serious mods. They popped the hood, it was all stock and what was worse was that it need some serious tlc to get it up to normal running condition.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

We have mostly Crown Vics, just about any Chevy SUV and Chargers around here. There are some impalas, mustangs, camaros and other random seizure vehicles. The best would have to be down in Raleigh the city is using a seized C6 Z06.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

our local departments use crown vics, impalas, and explorers. we have had a tahoe before although it may have been a seizure vehicle. our most used seizure vehicle right now is on the county level. it's a gmc 1500 sierra extended cab. it was taken in a drug bust. the bed has a topper on it now and is pretty well sealed up and has a heating and air conditioning unit in it...it's the k9 truck. probably the best use of a seizure vehicle i've seen.

Navy Blue Metallic

When I lived in AR the LEOs always had this on their seized vehicles. These were mostly used for school officers as a promo to scare kids straight type program.

"This vehicle did not cost you the tax payer a dime in acquisition. You can thank your local drug dealer for such a fine donation to your local police department."

I always thought it would be great if they put a mug shot and a statement that said "provided by *insert name* Convicted Drug Dealer" under the above statement.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Texas State Police used to use IrocZ for hwy interceptors in the 90's. They used to use Mustangs then when the Irocs came out they dropped them like 10lb bag of shit on fire. It wouldn't surprise me that some are still around. But most likely in your case it could have been a police seizure vehicle that they converted so they have something that most ppl would over look as a possible police car.
    i remember the irocs and mustangs....saw a 4th gen camaro as a state trooper car, and if i recall, even a vette lurking in the woodlands area....interstate 45 has all kinds of different cruisers...i see a lot of extended cab chevys, suvs, and of course the crowns...

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post

"This vehicle did not cost you the tax payer a dime in acquisition. You can thank your local drug dealer for such a fine donation to your local police department."

I always thought it would be great if they put a mug shot and a statement that said "provided by *insert name* Convicted Drug Dealer" under the above statement.
    That's hilarious! I love it when cops have a sense of humor

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Click for full size
    very odd

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Click for full size
    Yeah I see a whole line of LEOs jumping at the chance to drive this one.....

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i like the slightly ricer decals and then the very small "state patrol" on the rear quarter. incognito.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i like the slightly ricer decals and then the very small "state patrol" on the rear quarter. incognito.
    All Colorado State Patrol cars have those decals.
    That STi is in the exact scheme of the basic patrol cars.

http://members.fortunecity.com/statepdcars/colorado.htm

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    We have mostly Crown Vics, just about any Chevy SUV and Chargers around here. There are some impalas, mustangs, camaros and other random seizure vehicles. The best would have to be down in Raleigh the city is using a seized C6 Z06.
    Yea that c6 z06 was behind me on 40 cause I was coming back from bragg, and he snuck up on me he come around me, I noticed him about the time I went to downshift he rolled the window down and gave me a thumbs up and
    I seen him in uniform with his laptop closed I was like wtf when did they get that damn thing!!! Come to find out they got it in a big drug bust, never again will I fuck around till I figure out if its a cop or civilian lol.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I would ROTFL and die if i was pulled over by a 3rd gen

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Al state troopers have chargers and vics as previously stated,but I have heard they have a infiniti g35 sedan seizure.prattville,al had a 740il bmw seizure and a lt1 forth gen camaro(not a b4c,had t-tops
    Posted via Mobile Device

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Yea that c6 z06 was behind me on 40 cause I was coming back from bragg, and he snuck up on me he come around me, I noticed him about the time I went to downshift he rolled the window down and gave me a thumbs up and
    I seen him in uniform with his laptop closed I was like wtf when did they get that damn thing!!! Come to find out they got it in a big drug bust, never again will I fuck around till I figure out if its a cop or civilian lol.
    Yeah and the lights on that thing are hidden pretty well unless your looking for them. He really likes to hang around RTP. My older brother spots him several times a week pulling people over there.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Yeah and the lights on that thing are hidden pretty well unless your looking for them. He really likes to hang around RTP. My older brother spots him several times a week pulling people over there.
    And this is why I never try and goof off with c6 vettes anymore!!!

Thread Information