Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Underaged Drinking Citation

Forget it, I've decided to talk to my dad about it and just own up to it.
    Last edited by cascade; 12-24-2006 at 07:47 AM.

Never never ever ever blow. Ever.

Never.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by cascade View Post
    So, the local police decided last night to give everyone at my friend's house last night an underaged drinking citation as a Christmas present last night...

My question is, is there any way in hell I can get out of this crap without my parents finding out? I'm 18, live in PA, and blew a .13, this may sound like a stupid idea, but would saying something like "I just had a few cups of punch and didnt realize what was in it until it was too late anyways" hold up at all if told to the judge? There were about 12 of us that were cited. We were all inside of my friends house when the police came and somebody let them inside.

not if you blew a .13 hahaha.

"your honor, they spiked the punch and I didnt realize what was in it until I chugged 3 pints of it. honest"

You should be able to take care of this on your own. at 18, your parents can no longer be held responsible for your fuckups. theres not much you can do unless you want to hire a lawyer to fight a simple misdemeanor. just suck it up and go to the judge and come up with a funny story about how you wanted to get laid or something, and hope he or she wants to cut you a break.

this too will pass.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Man up. Tell the truth. You want to be treated like a man...then act like one.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    No truer words.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Alright, I've decided I probably have a better chance of keeping my liscence if I go in and tell the lady "I made a mistake, I learned a lesson, I am sorry."

Now I am just wondering whether or not my parents will eventually find out, as if they find out later with me having not told them, I'm probably in some deeper shit.

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Alright, I've decided I probably have a better chance of keeping my liscence if I go in and tell the lady "I made a mistake, I learned a lesson, I am sorry."

Now I am just wondering whether or not my parents will eventually find out, as if they find out later with me having not told them, I'm probably in some deeper shit.
    I think that if you confront your parents and tell them what happened you will show them that you are growing up and becoming a man.

Don't let them find out about it from other sources. Just tell them you made a mistake, that you got caught up inb the moment and used poor judgement.Tell them you will deal with whatever consequences this may cause. If you do this, I bet it will be better for them and yourself.

Trust me, I've been there.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

My dad knows I drink, and told me its ok as long as Im safe about it and NEVER think about trying to drive (I wouldnt). Thing is, the parents are going out of town for a week on wednesday, and leaving me the house alone. Im trying to hold off and tell them when they get back so they dont cancel their plans to stay here and make sure i dont get caught again.

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

My dad knows I drink, and told me its ok as long as Im safe about it and NEVER think about trying to drive (I wouldnt). Thing is, the parents are going out of town for a week on wednesday, and leaving me the house alone. Im trying to hold off and tell them when they get back so they dont cancel their plans to stay here and make sure i dont get caught again.
    DO what Sarge said -

If you wait until after they return, you will lose thier trust.
    I spose you are already planing a party at MOMMY and DADDY's house.

And a .13 is drunk dude, you are 18. You are illegal. Own up to the shit.
    using BS lies and weaslin out of shit will just grow as you get older.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by joerockhead View Post
    DO what Sarge said -

If you wait until after they return, you will lose thier trust.
    I spose you are already planing a party at MOMMY and DADDY's house.

And a .13 is drunk dude, you are 18. You are illegal. Own up to the shit.
    using BS lies and weaslin out of shit will just grow as you get older.
    Actually I don't want to throw a party at my "mommy and daddy's" house, I want my girlfriend to be able to come stay with me for the week and get the privacy I'm used to at college.

And .13 is obviously drunk, as in my state it is illegal for someone that is 21 to drive after .08. I don't deny that I broke the law, or was drunk, but it's not like I was behind the wheel of a car, I was hanging out with my friends indoors. I was a little drunk, but still very much in control of my actions, not to mention ability to run the pong table undefeated. I don't care about doing community service, paying fines, whatever, I'm simply asking for advice as I don't want to lose my driver's liscence.

gray
    07 duramax

id wait to tell them until after they came back.

and tear that ass up.

tater_salad
    Dude, we're the same age. It sucks, but gotta own up. Depends on the family about the consequences.

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Actually I don't want to throw a party at my "mommy and daddy's" house, I want my girlfriend to be able to come stay with me for the week and get the privacy I'm used to at college.

And .13 is obviously drunk, as in my state it is illegal for someone that is 21 to drive after .08. I don't deny that I broke the law, or was drunk, but it's not like I was behind the wheel of a car, I was hanging out with my friends indoors. I was a little drunk, but still very much in control of my actions,
    HTML Code:
    not to mention ability to run the pong table undefeated.
    I don't care about doing community service, paying fines, whatever, I'm simply asking for advice as I don't want to lose my driver's liscence.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Well I just told both my parents, and as expected they're not too happy.

gray
    07 duramax

lol! why? should have taken care of it yourself, IMO.

well that was the thing to do. i got a dwi and told them first thing. i paid all the court, lawyer, etc. fees. In TX. theres this thing i did. its not really probation as you dont have a prob. officer and you dont check in. basically they told me i cant screw up for 6 months, i mean so much as rolling a stop sign, and the charges would be dropped. sure nuff, 6 months later, i got a letter stating the charges were dropped and i got my license back (i had a occupational while it was suspended) its something you might wanna see if your state has,BTW i didnt blow so that may have something to do with it

haha well ive been in the same situation about 3 times now...first two owned up and it did me no good except for months of trouble...third time i didnt own up and once again still lots of trouble...lose lose situation either way for me

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Thanks for the advice. My parents have calmed down a lot and aren't mad at me anymore.

NBM
    99 TA

Move to Canada, drinking age is 18 where i live haha
    been goin to bars since i was 15. I just turned 21 and now im over the whole bar scene

Red with Silver Graphics
    02 35th SS Camaro Ragtop

I've got a daughter who is 18. The age of majority is 19 in Ontario. I don't have a poblem wih her having a few drinks as in 2. however, she knows the getting behind the wheel after drinking is definitely forbidden, as well as underage drinking in her University residence, She will be 19 soon enough. However, if she ever got in trouble for underage drinking I would like to think she would talk to me about it. The ony inexcuseable thing would be drinking & driving, but since she dosen't have a car, and only gets to use mine occasionally I would not expct this to happen. We also have family rules about getting a ride from someone who has been drinking, Dad will always pick up, no matter the hour if needed, we might have a "chat" about being picked up a little later on if it's much later than the time we originally agreed too, but I'd much rather be woke up by my daughter & her friends at 02:30 in the morning needing a ride home, than the police calling about an accident.
    If you can't talk to your parents, who can you talk to? remember, we were 18 once too, and already made all those mistakes at least once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information