Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post

don't believe in life out there or just that they don't come here???

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    don't believe in life out there or just that they don't come here???
    I think with the vastness of space there has to be something out there..

I just don't believe the Gov. has spaceships from another world..

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    I think with the vastness of space there has to be something out there..

I just don't believe the Gov. has spaceships from another world..
    +1.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i think it's funny that people believe this shit... while i do believe in intelligent life through out the universe i highly doubt they'd travel hundreds, thousands, millions, billions etc etc of light years and then "oh fuck i crashed!!!" on earth... second with that vast technology they have no reason to make them selves known on earth or even give us their technology... if you're walking along and come up to an ant hill do you step around it, go over it, or stop and help them build it??? now apply that thought to an alien race who has conquered and mastered what we know as the laws of physics...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Two words. Weather balloons and swamp gas.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i think it's funny that people believe this shit... while i do believe in intelligent life through out the universe i highly doubt they'd travel hundreds, thousands, millions, billions etc etc of light years and then "oh fuck i crashed!!!" on earth... second with that vast technology they have no reason to make them selves known on earth or even give us their technology... if you're walking along and come up to an ant hill do you step around it, go over it, or stop and help them build it??? now apply that thought to an alien race who has conquered and mastered what we know as the laws of physics...
    i pour gas on ant hills

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    sometimes i get swamp gas.

beans with broccoli is bad.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    2 = 5? j/k

I don't think the government could keep this under wraps for this long...they can't even keep WikiLeaks from stealing 'confidential' information....

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

i'm sure there is life out there but i'm not sure if or why they would come here. i take my car out, waste a lot of gas on a joy ride and get a flat every now and then. humans have wasted a lot of time, energy and lives exploring. i'm positive humans would LOVE to go out and observe some civilization that is hundreds, perhaps THOUSANDS of years behind. why couldn't some alien be the same way?

i'm not sure about this one way or the other but i wouldn't put it past any government to want to "protect" it's people by hiding something. or maybe protect their interests in learning a new technology....
    Last edited by krese; 04-12-2011 at 09:30 AM.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

what about the theory, that god is actually aliens..

many speculate, that the gods, past civilizations (egypt, mayan, rome, etc) worshiped, the gods from the sky, are actually aliens.

to take it further, some believe the aliens walk amoung us as hybrids blending in.

sadly i could almost believe that because some people either look alien, or fake and dead in the eyes..

The only thing I am going to toss out there, is that we are a race that uses 100% of its brain but only 12% of its potential power. To me, that makes me believe anything is possible, even beyond our 12% scope of reasoning.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I love the 'gods were aliens' theory, the main premise of Stargate for instance, and very popular in sci-fi writing lately.

I agree with Krese on the archaeologist/paleontologist point, about studying primitive cultures. We love to do it, it's fair to assume that an advanced intergalactic society may have similar curiosities.

And I agree with Spaz, that if such a civilization exists that has mastered intergalactic travel, they're probably advanced enough to keep their craft from crashing here. Seriously, you can travel faster than light, cross thousands of light years, but you can't avoid crashing in a field in New Mexico? Eh, doubtful.

I like to think it's the Star Trek first contact principle. If there is an intergalactic 'community' out there, they're waiting for backwater planets like ours to reach a certain level before saying hi...

Or else there really is absolutely no way to move faster than light and travel those distances, and every civilization out there is isolated and alone, wondering if they're the center of the universe and the only life out there, too... How depressing if that's the case...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp_K8prLfso[/ame]

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

One of the greatest b-movies of all times.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    And I agree with Spaz, that if such a civilization exists that has mastered intergalactic travel, they're probably advanced enough to keep their craft from crashing here. Seriously, you can travel faster than light, cross thousands of light years, but you can't avoid crashing in a field in New Mexico? Eh, doubtful.
    i thought i covered this with my flat tire analogy?

how about this one:

if you believe in religion you are taught from a VERY young age that NOTHING is perfect except for god. this is intelligent thinking even if you are not religious. many years from now windows 90000 won't be perfect

so maybe in all that ship was made on a alien friday at alien 4:59pm?

White
    2008 Hummer H3

One of the greatest b-movies of all times.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

how about this one:

if you believe in religion you are taught from a VERY young age that NOTHING is perfect except for god. this is intelligent thinking even if you are not religious. many years from now windows 90000 won't be perfect

Yeah, you're right of course, it's just hard to extend the flat tire to successfully crossing the vast void of space, but the analogy is probably a good one.

And Ha! about Windows 90000 and extra Ha! about an alien Friday at 4:59...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

I love the 'gods were aliens' theory, the main premise of Stargate for instance, and very popular in sci-fi writing lately.

I agree with Krese on the archaeologist/paleontologist point, about studying primitive cultures. We love to do it, it's fair to assume that an advanced intergalactic society may have similar curiosities.

I like to think it's the Star Trek first contact principle. If there is an intergalactic 'community' out there, they're waiting for backwater planets like ours to reach a certain level before saying hi...

Or else there really is absolutely no way to move faster than light and travel those distances, and every civilization out there is isolated and alone, wondering if they're the center of the universe and the only life out there, too... How depressing if that's the case...

our laws of physics don't allow for it... your mass would become infinite... how ever bending space time is another possability but then the gobs of radiation would be so intense we'd not likely survive... interdimensinal travel might be a possability but our brains have trouble grasping that concept...

we have a shit ton of wars going on... any alien being would look at us and say "too dangerous for our technology" and move on to find a less retarded race of beings...

pick up michio kaku's book called hyper space... it's one of my favorites...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

how about this one:

no... the technology and energy needed to make the distance that they would travel... i highly doubt there would be any failures of equipment...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information