Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs up UFC 78's results

Last night was more of a snore fest then usual, but some good highlights.

Edgar...man, this magical midget is really something. I had very good predictions for him and they all panned out.

Herman's fight was average. Easily predicted.

Karo...jesus. Is this asshole EVER interesting? Totally boring.

Houston's fight was disappointing. I thought he was going to win, then I thought it was a bad stoppage, but after the replay, you cant deny that he got rocked and did NOT defend himself properly.

Evans fight was pretty dull too. I thought there would be total domination, but both were gun shy it seemed.

Oh..and there was another fight with the mickey mouse at the end. Funny how that lil fucker fights hard.

Red
    06 GTO

Your talking about Joe Lozoan, that guy is good. Ya it was a pretty boring card, but i still enjoyed it. Cant wait for december, that will be the best card so far.

Oh god it will! Serra vs Hughes? I hope Serra really makes that fucker buy the farm. I hate Hughes. And after watching the show, I wish he died. Seriously, the guy is worthless.

Liddell vs. Silva. Now this shit has been talked about for years. Finally, well expose Liddell for what he is. Nothing.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

I kinda have to disagree AKIRA. Liddel may not be near what he used to be; but hes been in it a while. Me being in the sport for the 3 years i was, can testify that most wont be shining stars in the sport for too long....its takes ALOT out of you.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

<<< Big Liddell fan. Any weight in me being one? Nah. Jus like the guy, I think he's a badass. I like fighters that are strikers. I think all the submission stuff is soooo boring. If you are gonna watch mma, a real win is because the opponent got knocked the f' out but a nice punch, kick or knee to the grill.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    <<< Big Liddell fan. Any weight in me being one? Nah. Jus like the guy, I think he's a badass. I like fighters that are strikers. I think all the submission stuff is soooo boring. If you are gonna watch mma, a real win is because the opponent got knocked the f' out but a nice punch, kick or knee to the grill.
    That is what i was...a striker. I wasnt that great on the ground. I am very knowledgable in my Bra. Jujitsu but because of my size and stature i wasnt the best at executing it

Ill do the math so you dont have to..

Rampage rocks Liddel--Silva rocks Rampage--Rampage rocks Liddell--Silva...?

Silva > Rampage > Liddell

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Guess thats your opinion

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Was a dissapointing card.

Some would say the wort UFC card in recent memory.

This is rumoured to be the next card main event:

Now that Alexander has been exposed who do you think would win in a match with Kimbo?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Cant say I have a favorite fighter really. I just watch and hope its not boring. I too hate submission fights. I did some MMA training a while ago and I really hated submissions, I was not bad at it I just liked the Muy Thai part of it so much better. There is nothing better than connecting a powerful combo.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels View Post
    Was a dissapointing card.

Some would say the wort UFC card in recent memory.

This is rumoured to be the next card main event:

Click for full size

Now that Alexander has been exposed who do you think would win in a match with Kimbo?

Click for full size
    That kimbo match was staged......cantrell tapped to early....that was the first time i was diasapointed with the UFC....stupid political BS

When the Kimbo/Tank fight was canceled, I lost interest in whatever fight was coming Kimbo's way.

Tank is the perfect entry foe.

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Cant say I have a favorite fighter really. I just watch and hope its not boring. I too hate submission fights. I did some MMA training a while ago and I really hated submissions, I was not bad at it I just liked the Muy Thai part of it so much better. There is nothing better than connecting a powerful combo.
    Yeah sure, I like them too. However, Ive seen too many 1-hit wonders that arent all that great to begin with. Now I like the GREAT strikes, but I dont see many of them from Liddell, sorry guys.

I am making another prediction and you all can massacre me if I am wrong, but Silva is going to fuck Liddell up and hopefully put him in retirement.

In any case, I would rather see Liddell win than Hughes win that night. I seriously hope Serra accidentally kills him.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

i never miss a UFC pay per view. I thought about saving my doe on this one, but I decided to go ahead and get it.

I should have went to bed early, It was kind of blah...

I like Liddell myself. But at the same time I think he didn't even try the last fight. I was very disappointed.

I hate Rampage with a passion. He annoys me, and his chain and wolf cry reminds me of some WWF old school crap.. What is next does he come in with a sleezy manager and a few hookers? "I'm gonna whoop Chuck's ass" -- how annoying.

PS this was the first PPV in a long time that didn't have Big John McCarthy. Wonder where he was?

He probably said, this card is so damn boring I ain't wasting my time.

lol

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    ...i never miss a UFC pay per view. I thought about saving my doe on this one, but I decided to go ahead and get it.

I should have went to bed early, It was kind of blah...

I like Liddell myself. But at the same time I think he didn't even try the last fight. I was very disappointed...
    Agreed and I never miss a ppv either.

...I like Liddell myself. But at the same time I think he didn't even try the last fight. I was very disappointed...
    I believe he partied himself out of the title:

...PS this was the first PPV in a long time that didn't have Big John McCarthy. Wonder where he was?

He probably said, this card is so damn boring I ain't wasting my time...
    Actually this card was held in New Jersey so their state commission used their own refs.

It is not up to the UFC (or any promoter) to select the officials.

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    That kimbo match was staged......cantrell tapped to early....that was the first time i was diasapointed with the UFC....stupid political BS
    Kimbo is not currently in the UFC he is fighting for Strikeforce.

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    I....'m making another prediction and you all can massacre me if I am wrong, but Silva is going to fuck Liddell up and hopefully put him in retirement...
    I can hardly wait to see the Liddell/Silva Matchup as it has been years in the making.

Do you think 'Wandy' will miss the Stomps from the Pride rules?

Kimbo is not currently in the UFC he is fighting for Strikeforce.
    Whatever he does, I dont give much of a shit about him unless he fights Tank. I just cant look at either one of those fighters serisouly, so might as well make it a combo like Freddy vs. Jason.

I can hardly wait to see the Liddell/Silva Matchup as it has been years in the making.

Do you think 'Wandy' will miss the Stomps from the Pride rules?

Click for full size
    It seems a lot of the PRIDE fighters are doing lousy without their drugs or knees/ground stomps. However, Silva coming in later than the other fighters might bode well considering the shit that has happened so far. He has GOT to know what hasnt been working for the others.

Thats why I think Rampage has had the best luck. Hes never been a ground stomper per say. Either way, Silva knocked his ass out STANDING.

I love Rampage. I love his cocky comments and I think hes hilarious. I think he shows the sport a bit of...life. A villianous life that doesnt take itself too seriously.

Fuck Liddell. When Rampage fought him for the 2nd time, I was dumbfounded to hear people say Liddell was going to put up a fight.

My prediction for the Silva fight? Massacre. That is, unless, Silva is gun shy like others have been. Can you say Mirka?

Screw all that shit, I just wanna see Hughes bleed.
    Last edited by AKIRA; 11-20-2007 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Jesus, so many spelling errors

Red
    06 GTO

Well the question about alexander was asked earlier, well he is still improving, i really see him doing a completely new camp and really improving. As far as Chuck Vs Wandy, it could go either way, but wandy has been out for a while and should be totally healthy and i think he will dominate the fight.

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ice97ta View Post
    Well the question about alexander was asked earlier, well he is still improving, i really see him doing a completely new camp and really improving. As far as Chuck Vs Wandy, it could go either way, but wandy has been out for a while and should be totally healthy and i think he will dominate the fight.
    I agree as long as Alexander starts training at a legit camp full time he can be a contender in the totally stacked LHW division.

I really want to see a war with the Icemen and the Axe murderer!

Blood Red
    Z28

OMFG!

Serra has injured himself so the title fight is canceled.

Dana White has successfully stalled the WW division to one title fight in the entire year of 2007 with the TUF tv show and now this.

One of the most stacked divisions with multiple contenders (Karo, GSO, Fitch, Hughes, etc) waiting for a shot.

What a waste....

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8808

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information