Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

twin turbo'd tarus ?

anybody seen the new Ford Tarus ? that bitch is turbo'd twins i think.
    and cranking out 365 horses, i know its a ford but damn talk about stepping it up.

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

Blue
    1999 Pontiac Bonneville

i think its a cool idea. go ford

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

rut row... buh bye v6 camaro sales...

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I'd rock that if I had the money. The new looks nice.

red
    2001 v6 camaro

Everyone is giving it bad reviews. Main problem being weight. It was a good idea from ford, just poorly executed.

Blue
    1999 Pontiac Bonneville

ive heard that also. it guess its heavy tank.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by FreakV6 View Post
    Everyone is giving it bad reviews. Main problem being weight. It was a good idea from ford, just poorly executed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 383monte View Post
    ive heard that also. it guess its heavy tank.
    can't be much mor than the camaro...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

The taurus SHO tips in with a curb weight over 4000 lbs. good luck with those 365 turbo ponies. Even the mustang is a bit porky these days. 345 in our cars is worth a lot more than 365 in a taurus. Now if a deranged individual were to drop an ecoboost into an F-bod (ugh why) some interesting things could come of this. that motor is simply a tune away from 400+hp and i have NEVER seen a torque curve as impressive as the ecoboost. We're talking peak torque from like 1500RPM right up to redline. It's literally a torque plateau. All thanks to the wonders of VVT and DI. it allows plenty of power making tricks to be applied that will keep turbos spinnin and power up all across the board. I'm sure the ecoboost is a tuners dream. I was reading an article about what kind of precise control the ECU has over fuel delivery and valve timing. Being able to control overlap and duration on the fly as well as fuel delivery and spark timing etc etc etc.

the fifth gen small block can't come soon enough lololol

Ok so i clicked on the link up top in this thread and just read that this motor is NON INTERCOOLED.... holy crap! If the internals are up to it i'd say this engine is an intercooler and tune away from maybe 450+ ??? mustangs with ecoboost 3.5's are going to be scary monsters to stock LS1's.... start saving for mods boys.
    Last edited by LSCyaL8R; 08-12-2009 at 07:13 AM.

blue
    83 mustang 347

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    The taurus SHO tips in with a curb weight over 4000 lbs. good luck with those 365 turbo ponies. Even the mustang is a bit porky these days. 345 in our cars is worth a lot more than 365 in a taurus. Now if a deranged individual were to drop an ecoboost into an F-bod (ugh why) some interesting things could come of this. that motor is simply a tune away from 400+hp and i have NEVER seen a torque curve as impressive as the ecoboost. We're talking peak torque from like 1500RPM right up to redline. It's literally a torque plateau. All thanks to the wonders of VVT and DI. it allows plenty of power making tricks to be applied that will keep turbos spinnin and power up all across the board. I'm sure the ecoboost is a tuners dream. I was reading an article about what kind of precise control the ECU has over fuel delivery and valve timing. Being able to control overlap and duration on the fly as well as fuel delivery and spark timing etc etc etc.

It's be better suited for a fox

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

if i remember right my Z28 weighted in over 4400 lbs.

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

Ok so i clicked on the link up top in this thread and just read that this motor is NON INTERCOOLED.... holy crap! If the internals are up to it i'd say this engine is an intercooler and tune away from maybe 450+ ??? mustangs with ecoboost 3.5's are going to be scary monsters to stock LS1's.... start saving for mods boys.

chevy did it first with the ecotec

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by bamaz28 View Post
    if i remember right my Z28 weighted in over 4400 lbs.
    with how many people in it??? my TA weighs 3260... my brothers 95 impala weighs 4400...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Looks like I may have to go 15lbs boost on the TT...sheeze Damn Fords lol.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    chevy did it first with the ecotec
    While it may be true that there are 260hp ecotec's driving around with DI, VVT and sodium filled valves.... how much "free" hp do you think it left in a 2.2L engine pushing that kind of power?

I think the Ecoboost 3.5 could easily be jacked up quite a bit and with a VERY impressive torque curve besides. GM may have been the first to the party but as with any tech things get better over time.

Imagine GM's eventual answer to these engines!!!!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

While it may be true that there are 260hp ecotec's driving around with DI, VVT and sodium filled valves.... how much "free" hp do you think it left in a 2.2L engine pushing that kind of power?

I think the Ecoboost 3.5 could easily be jacked up quite a bit and with a VERY impressive torque curve besides. GM may have been the first to the party but as with any tech things get better over time.

My 92' TDC had sodium filled valves from the factory.
    Last edited by Smittro; 08-12-2009 at 08:27 AM.

teal

the 2.0s are the one that are the forced induction ones, the 2.2's are naturally aspirated. Do a little searching first, the turbocharged 2.0 is very impressive. There are guys out there putting out north of 350fwtq and 330fwhp with pretty much a tune, catback, and injectors on a stock turbo.

Hell the LNF stage one kit puts it at 280hp and 320tq.

teal

oh and
    cobalt > sho.

cobalt will out handle, out break, and out accelerate the sho

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Look I'm not denying it's an impressive engine. there are guys putting down nearly 1000 on ecotecs. my point is that a STOCK 2.0L turbo ecotec won't see the same kind of power gains as a stock ecoboost 3.5 technology advances but there is still no replacement for displacement. Push that 3.5 up against it's engineered limits and you are dropping over 400 horsies.

Imagine when Ford finally decides the mustang needs a more economical V6, probably after the Coyote 5.0 V8 is released. now you will have a 500hp V8 in GT's and plenty of room to offer a TT 3.5 with 400hp in the V6 stang. needless to say that 3.5 will prob be a bit beefier and have even more room for tuner growth. Imagine the day when V6 stangs are stomping lightly modded fbods. because 400hp high school brat hooked up his laptop and cranked his boost to get him to 450 or so.

I'm not bashing GM. I love my Hawk. It's just incredible to see the kinds of power available to everyday people right now. This is the end of an era folks. the early 70's all over again. regulation is coming and fuel sippers will be the new norm all over again. Enjoy the show because some of these motors are real monsters.

Coyote 5.0 V8
    Gen V small block
    duratec 35 "ecoboost"
    Ecotec LNF

a renaissance of powerful American metal. enjoy it!

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Quote Originally Posted by zero_proto View Post
    oh and
    cobalt > sho.

cobalt will out handle, out break, and out accelerate the sho
    Cobalt will outhandle out break and out accelerate a lot of high priced supercars.... check out its ring times

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information