Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    rice..a growing epidemic PAT-LS101's Avatar

blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

Trying to lose some weight, Any pointers??

So, ive decided to lose some weight... At least 50 lbs possibly more.... I wouldnt say im huge but I have a bit of a gut id like to lose. I'm 6'1 260lbs. Ive already started walking and cutting down what I eat and ive quit smoking although, I hear it makes you gain weight. Anyone out there that lost a bunch of weight that could give me some pointers or a good exercise routine??? Id like to lose it by race season
    Last edited by PAT-LS101; 01-03-2010 at 05:26 AM.
    1999 Camaro Z28 w/ sports appearance package & optional 3.23 rear gears - SLP lid, custom Diablo tune. BEST 1/4 MILE TIME W/O MODS: 13.4 @ 102mph. NEW TIMES SOON!

2002 Camaro Z28 - Stall, gears, exhaust, tuned 12.3 @ 111mph SOLD

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

change your diet, and do exercises that get your heart rate up

Black
    2001 WS6

I went down from 225 to 150 now. The best advice i can give is this. Firs, the most important thing is cardio, i noticed the biggest difference when I started running. I'm not a runner at all. Start out walking, then light jogging, then one day just shock your body and run for a bit, and then do more as time progresses. As far as diet goes, I'd try not eating any heavy stuff or things with over 5 grams of carbs after 6. It'll sit in your stomach, and your body wont use up the carbs when you go to sleep, thus turning into fat. Eat light salads instead of nachos. Make open faced sandwiches instead of using two slices of bread. Eat whole wheat or grain bread at that too. Eat lots of turkey. It's lean and very healthy. Drink milk instead of soda. Use lettuce to wrap ur burger in, its healthier, doesnt fill u up like bread does, and tastes better. Turkey burgers are the bomb. Do about 30 mins of cardio everyday, whether it be walking or running. My AIM screen name is ramairgod . if you want to talk and learn more just hit me up, those are a few pointers.

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

put down the fork, FACE!

blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

Quote Originally Posted by ls1bandit View Post
    put down the fork, FACE!

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

The best advice i would have is cardio, thats where your going to shed most of your water weight and pounds. Walking is a good start but running would be alot better. Start small, maybe 1/2 mile, then work your way up, i can run 14 miles in a decent day, but it all depends on how i feel.
    Also curb your diet a bit, dont just stop eating the foods you love but just eat less of them.
    Insted of 4 cookies eat 2 etc etc.
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Black
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    I went down from 225 to 150 now. The best advice i can give is this. Firs, the most important thing is cardio, i noticed the biggest difference when I started running. I'm not a runner at all. Start out walking, then light jogging, then one day just shock your body and run for a bit, and then do more as time progresses. As far as diet goes, I'd try not eating any heavy stuff or things with over 5 grams of carbs after 6. It'll sit in your stomach, and your body wont use up the carbs when you go to sleep, thus turning into fat. Eat light salads instead of nachos. Make open faced sandwiches instead of using two slices of bread. Eat whole wheat or grain bread at that too. Eat lots of turkey. It's lean and very healthy. Drink milk instead of soda. Use lettuce to wrap ur burger in, its healthier, doesnt fill u up like bread does, and tastes better. Turkey burgers are the bomb. Do about 30 mins of cardio everyday, whether it be walking or running. My AIM screen name is ramairgod . if you want to talk and learn more just hit me up, those are a few pointers.
    This is all good stuff. I went from 205 to 160 (I'm 5' 10", almost 5' 11") in about 5 months doing something similar. I had two things working against me, though - my love of beer and a poultry allergy (can't eat chicken or turkey). I noticed, too, that the weight came off FAST with the cardio and quitting the beer cold turkey. I was doing 30 minutes a day on a treadmill. Mind-numbingly boring, but effective.

Back in September, I moved farther from the gym and started slacking off. Started drinking beer again and the weight comes back FAST. I'm back in the 170s but got myself an elliptical for xmas. It is much easier on my knees, ankles and feet and seems to be a better workout. I just need to lay off the booze, but it's tough in social situations.

Jim

Grey
    2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM

I dropped about 20lbs in a 1.5 months by cutting out sodas and eating a little bit better, wasnt anything drastic just alot of empty calories.

I need to take off about 20 lbs... Do you need a weighloss buddy?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Lost 80 pounds from December '08 to May '09.
    Cut back on everything. And pushed myself on the eliptical for 60 minutes a day.
    Ate salads, chicken, cheerios, protein shakes, etc...

Cut out soda. And for a while...beer/drinks.

I have since gained 10 pounds of muscle, and like to stay around 185 pounds for now. As I build muscle, I imagine I will gain a little more.
    I do have a little extra to burn off from the holidays....

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

What you need to do is run your fat ass around the block a few times

blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

Quote Originally Posted by infantryws6 View Post
    This is the best advice so far! Typical Army....

blue
    2002 camaro z28 a4

Quote Originally Posted by Xx JEWEL xX View Post
    I need to take off about 20 lbs... Do you need a weighloss buddy?
    Sure...

Black
    2001 WS6

before:

After:

with my fiance above

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by infantryws6 View Post

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Exercise, eliminate fast food, put down the sodas/beer and drink water instead.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Lots of Masturbation.. make sure to alternate hands. so you don't look like this guy:

01 modded gtp

Just run and eat healthy and the weight will fall off

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Yeah its not a science like some people make it out to be. I lost 50 lbs in high skool eating fried chicken wings, salad with oil & vinegar. Burgers with no bun, steak, chicken, pork, you name the meat I ate it (no dick though), and broccoli, corn, green beans, and drank either diet coke, water, unsweet tea with splenda, crystal light lemonade. Its just a matter of finding something you love and doing it. As far as working out goes, I get on the eliptical because I have flat feet. I'm sure many of you know that when a flat footed person runs on a treadmill it sounds like they're jumping on it. I also lifted weights. Just arms, chest, and back. I didn't bother doing leg squats and stuff because I was running and didn't want to inhibit my running because I was sore from squats.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    Yeah its not a science like some people make it out to be. I lost 50 lbs in high skool eating fried chicken wings, salad with oil & vinegar. Burgers with no bun, steak, chicken, pork, you name the meat I ate it (no dick though), and broccoli, corn, green beans, and drank either diet coke, water, unsweet tea with splenda, crystal light lemonade. Its just a matter of finding something you love and doing it. As far as working out goes, I get on the eliptical because I have flat feet. I'm sure many of you know that when a flat footed person runs on a treadmill it sounds like they're jumping on it. I also lifted weights. Just arms, chest, and back. I didn't bother doing leg squats and stuff because I was running and didn't want to inhibit my running because I was sore from squats.
    Skool.......you mastered weight reduction but failed to pay attention didn't ya?! kiddin, good job on the diet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information