Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

travel w/ guns help. if you live in AR TN KY or IN please post

im going on a road trip here soon from TX to Evansville, Indiana to visit my old gramps. Ill be going through those states on my way.

luckily, all those states have reciprocity with Texas as far as concealed carry of a small arm like a pistol, so i think im somewhat safe there.

now, for my real issue.

I dont go anywhere without an m-16 or Ak-47 somewhere in the car. and thats totally legal in Texas, I can have a round chambered, clip loaded ak-47 behind the seat of my el-camino, and theres not much anyone can do to stop me until I leave the state.

whats the rules in those states concerning long arms?

Ill probably just take my M1a since it looks less threatening and stuff, but id still like to keep a clip in it and have it within easy reach.

any input appreciated

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

gray
    07 duramax

I was kinda hoping i could keep it handy... maybe arkasas is as redneck as texas, at least.

or Kentucky.

Just take some bamboo with you instead... i heard it has enough stopping power to knock a man on his ass.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Just dont go through IL, I hate my states gun laws, IL is because of Chi town

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by Modulistic View Post

I dont go anywhere without an m-16 or Ak-47 somewhere in the car. and thats totally legal in Texas, I can have a round chambered, clip loaded ak-47 behind the seat of my el-camino
    Jesus tap dancing Christ.

Why the fuck would you keep an assult rifle in your car? A handgun i can understand, but an ak-47?

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    Just take some bamboo with you instead... i heard it has enough stopping power to knock a man on his ass.
    dude that was a month or more ago and my fucking jaw still clicks when I open and shut it.

god damn bamboo should just stay the fuck in asia.

::googles really quick to make sure there is no native species of bamboo in north america::

edit: except the two reed-like bamboo species that are native to America, and appear to be really thin and easily breakable.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

I don't know about Arkansas but I got pulled over the othe night in my truck in Kansas and had a loaded rifle and shotgun in the front seat and a loaded pistol in the backseat, the cop seen the rifle and shotgun and made us get out of the vehicle while he unloaded them, there was a bullet in the chamber. didnt get any trouble at all, and i was on school property.

for some reason they would rather have us slide on the icy streets then let us slide in an empty parking lot

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post
    Jesus tap dancing Christ.

Why the fuck would you keep an assult rifle in your car? A handgun i can understand, but an ak-47?
    1. because I can
    2. because I want to
    3. because Id rather drive around my whole life with one I dont need instead of not having it the one day i might really want to have it around.
    4. because I can remove myself from range of pistol fire and return fire with impunity
    5. its easier to sleep in strange places i end up at from time to time with a rifle underneath the bed

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

1. because I can
    2. because I want to
    3. because Id rather drive around my whole life with one I dont need instead of not having it the one day i might really want to have it around.
    4. because I can remove myself from range of pistol fire and return fire with impunity
    5. its easier to sleep in strange places i end up at from time to time with a rifle underneath the bed

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel P. View Post
    I don't know about Arkansas but I got pulled over the othe night in my truck in Kansas and had a loaded rifle and shotgun in the front seat and a loaded pistol in the backseat, the cop seen the rifle and shotgun and made us get out of the vehicle while he unloaded them, there was a bullet in the chamber. didnt get any trouble at all, and i was on school property.

for some reason they would rather have us slide on the icy streets then let us slide in an empty parking lot
    shit, youre a lucky bastard.

i bet id have gone to jail for a long ass time for that.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

I agree with mod, i can't remeber a family vaction that wasn't a huntin trip or that dad brought a gun. I am gonna have a hell of a time in college though.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

I know all the cops on a first name basis, i have been pulled over 5 times and never got a ticket.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

im going on a road trip here soon from TX to Evansville, Indiana to visit my old gramps. Ill be going through those states on my way.

luckily, all those states have reciprocity with Texas as far as concealed carry of a small arm like a pistol, so i think im somewhat safe there.

now, for my real issue.

I dont go anywhere without an m-16 or Ak-47 somewhere in the car. and thats totally legal in Texas, I can have a round chambered, clip loaded ak-47 behind the seat of my el-camino, and theres not much anyone can do to stop me until I leave the state.

whats the rules in those states concerning long arms?

Ill probably just take my M1a since it looks less threatening and stuff, but id still like to keep a clip in it and have it within easy reach.

any input appreciated

TN and IN are the only ones I'd worry about. Check www.nraila.org and click on the gun laws part and go by state.

92 K Blazer/'03 H-D Deuce

1. because I can
    2. because I want to
    over paranoid??

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    come through Indiana/Illinois with that in your possesion,and they will be passing you around prison cells in exchange for a pack of cigarettes!lol....

Black
    99 SS

in KY you can carry no problem your rifle without a permet. not loaded though

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Just carry a pistol. By time you swing that long-ass barrel around, you'll have 3 in your chest! Ge-wiz What the hell are you thinking.

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    Just carry a pistol. By time you swing that long-ass barrel around, you'll have 3 in your chest! Ge-wiz What the hell are you thinking.
    I'm sure he'll have a pistol too. I drove from NY to TX with 3 rifles and 3 pistols in my car.

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by whoa guy View Post
    over paranoid??

perhaps you missed it here recently... the guy that shot 4 or 5 people at the mall with a fucking shotgun.

yeah, lets see what you choose... sane-amount of firepower 38 revolver or an "over paranoid" yet perfectly legal rifle.

maybe you missed the 1992 los angeles riots, the 2001 cincinnati riots, the 2005 toledo riot, and the general mayhem caused whenever a major city wins a championship game mostly bassetball. You werent paying attention during the new orleans debacle? people get killed en masse over a fucking ps3.

take your rude little buzzword and stfu. thanks.
    Last edited by Modulistic; 02-15-2007 at 05:56 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information