Trans Am vs. Two More Bad Drivers

A few months ago, two bad drivers nearly caused me to spin out into a semi.

Last night, I was making a left turn on a yellow. A guy in a lousy sedan went through at the last minute (which I half-expected) and I had to stop to not turn in his path. Then, a few seconds later, I was bumped from behind by an SUV. And his excuse for being there and not stopping in time was? Dunno. We pulled over, my tough car had only a few small gouges, and he loudly blamed the sedan driver. Given that my poor car is old and has worse damage from other people, along with him sounding like a dick and the main culprit gone from the scene, I let it go with a "But I stopped..." and went home. Maybe nine accidents or near-misses for me this year in not much driving, with me blameless in most of them. I don't like the police and bureaucracy, but they need to do something to reduce the number of bad drivers.
    Last edited by clovenhooves; 12-02-2009 at 07:57 AM.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post

Last night, I was making a left turn on a yellow. A guy in a lousy sedan went through at the last minute (which I half-expected) and I had to stop to not turn in his path. Then, a few seconds later, I was bumped from behind by an SUV. And his excuse for being there and not stopping in time was? Dunno. We pulled over, my tough car had only a few small gouges, and he loudly blamed the sedan driver. Given that my poor car is old and has worse damage from other people, along with him sounding like a dick and the main culprit gone from the scene, I let it go with a "But I stopped..." and went home. Maybe nine accidents or near-misses for me this year in not much driving, with me blameless in most of them. I don't like the police and bureaucracy, but they need to do something to reduce the number of bad drivers.
    C4, COD MW2 style FTW!!!

Uh?

2011 Prius

Uh?
    Send him and his car to the moon.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    C4, COD MW2 style FTW!!!
    whatcha know about c4 their shines it? c4 call of duty modern warfare 2 about bought that game for the ps3 here at the px but its already packed up waiting to get mailed home so it doesnt have to go into a connex!

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Bumped from behind is not your fault. Should have gotten a police report or exchanged insurance. They should get you a new bumper.
    Last edited by bigrondownhiller; 12-02-2009 at 04:31 PM.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Anyone besides me notice we are the only attentive drivers out there?

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Anyone besides me notice we are the only attentive drivers out there?

We care about our cars.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    we care about our cars.
    indeed!!!

Resident Mississippian BdAsBrd01's Avatar

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    We care about our cars.
    But the cops will follow me every effin' time regardless... I'd love to tell them that they're following the Wrong person. I try everyway possible to keep my car from injury.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

you must have a warrent out on you....that's what I'm hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Bumped from behind is not your fault. Should have gotten a police report or exchanged insurance. They should get you a new bumper.
    Honestly, I was in a rush to watch the speech (no, not a fanboy) and am too busy the next few weeks to be dealing with insurance over a cosmetic issue. If the guy who ran the light had pulled over, it would be a different story. Also, I'm not certain that the guy who bumped me would have cooperated, and I don't have collision. I do think there should be a way to report minor incidents that puts a mark and no penalty on someone's driving record. That stupid intersection ought to have a separate turn signal.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

I heard Walmart hands out a free drivers license if you purchase 10 items or more. Whether you are legally allowed to be here or not and you can pick the state. But you have to be an organ donor.

pewter
    2002 camaro

you dont happen to be <18 or >65

Thread Information